• ...and so much more!
  • Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    And again, i agree. I understand.

And I'm certainly not railing on you for your opinion. You are entitled to that. It's a high risk-high reward game that people are playing. I, for one, am not confident that I will be able to replace the things I could sell, so I'm not selling. I don't want to pay inflated prices, so I am not buying. If you don't want to feed the frenzy, just don't do anything. If you don't like the game, don't play. :cheers:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I tell you what pisses me off the MOST right now are the people who watched the LAST shortages of 09/10 and who are now pissing and moaning about not being able to find this or that when they had LOTS of opportunity for the last three years to stock up and maintain a supply of stuff that up until a couple of months ago was relatively cheap.

I feel sorry for the noobs who are getting slammed this time around, but when primers were $27/k two years ago and .223 was less than $300 a case there was NO excuse for those who sat through the last one for not buying enough to last for a year or two because we KNEW this exact shortage scenario was likely again due to the election.

"Waaah, I can't find ammo at Wal-Mart right now, and when I do I feel compelled to buy every box they'll sell me." Well sorry, but you should have been buying an extra box each time you (the rhetorical you, not you specifically Scutter) went in for the last three years and stashing it away. YOU are part of the problem, not the people who are selling their stocks at the highest price the market will bear that they bought cheaper over the last three years.

Got no sympathy for the grasshoppers out there.

I'll bite.

When I see ammo at Wal-Mart, I'll buy it. And as much as I can. I tried to work it into my weekly grocery bill. And if I planned to shoot 100 rounds of 9mm, I'll buy 150 rounds.

I tried to buy, on average, 100-150 rounds of 9mm a week.

I did go thu a few months of not buying anything. Instead, I was financing other hobbies.

Then I started, and recently finished, my AR build. I was able to afford to buy a small supply of 5.56. Unfortunately, I was only able to get 2300 rounds before all the panic started.

I have only been able to shoot 150 rounds thru my newly built AR. I'm afraid to shoot anymore, since ammo is hard to find.

I did have a good supply of 9mm. But, since my younger brother received a Glock 19 for Christmas, and was unable to find ammo for it, I gave him a BUNCH.

My situation now,

I'm on the lookout for more ammo. There are classes I want to take, and don't want to shoot my entire supply of 9mm.

And, I have seriously thought of selling my AR, Pmags, and 2300 rounds of 5.56.
    Just to finance my other hobby. What makes me think of doing that is because of the profit I would get, and I don't like having a gun that I'm afraid to shoot because of lack of ammo.

But I do think I'd miss my AR if I sold it....

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I think you meant to say is that when they were available to be bought that is what they use to sell for, now you cannot get them so people are willing to lots more just so they can have one now instead of later.

I can still get them for that ;)

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    And you are not passing that deal on to fellow INGO members that cannot find them for that price.

I can sell you one for $1500 and pocket $800 :laugh:

Sorry, I'd give out the info if I could. I'm friends with a lgs owner that can get them in cheap.

But super veprs in 308 are still only $1k at centerfiresystems. That's a lot more gun than the standard vepr that guy had up for $1500 for $500 cheaper.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I can sell you one for $1500 and pocket $800 :laugh:

Sorry, I'd give out the info if I could. I'm friends with a lgs owner that can get them in cheap.
    How much is he selling them for? I assume he wants to sell them so why not promote them here? Are his prices to high? Is he selling the rest of them on Gunbroker? :dunno:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    How much is he selling them for? I assume he wants to sell them so why not promote them here? Are his prices to high? Is he selling the rest of them on Gunbroker? :dunno:

Don't want him to be labeled as a "price gouger, boycot this place" so I wont list the place. But he's charging the current going price. No more, no less.

But like I said, you can still get a super vepr at centerfiresystems for $1000. That's better than what I've been seeing second hand recently.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    So, it is ok if your friend is doing it but not someone else? I am confused.

I could care less either way. This is America. I just said I'm annoyed by it sometimes when I see something I'd buy that's way overpriced, but I just skip over it.

Ive got what I need. I only buy when it's a good deal for me.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I'll bite.

But I don't see you pissing and moaning about it, and you DID work to try to build some stock...

Yeah, it sucks right now, I have bought almost nothing in the last two months, and I had been contemplating another AR build and got caught out. I was going to order about 30 AR mags from the Brownells deal a few days before the shooting but decided to wait until I could transfer some money to the fun account. I was going to be using my November and December shooting budget to buy another 5k of .22lr because I'd gone through about half of the last 5k I bought and I make it a point to always buy a little more than I shoot.

I have lived through 4 major runs on ammo/guns and they have taught me to not take it for granted that there will always be something on the shelf. There's lots of guys posting here that lived through the last one who STILL never bought more than the box they wanted to shoot on the way to the range.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    But I don't see you pissing and moaning about it, and you DID work to try to build some stock...

Yeah, it sucks right now, I have bought almost nothing in the last two months, and I had been contemplating another AR build and got caught out. I was going to order about 30 AR mags from the Brownells deal a few days before the shooting but decided to wait until I could transfer some money to the fun account. I was going to be using my November and December shooting budget to buy another 5k of .22lr because I'd gone through about half of the last 5k I bought and I make it a point to always buy a little more than I shoot.

I have lived through 4 major runs on ammo/guns and they have taught me to not take it for granted that there will always be something on the shelf. There's lots of guys posting here that lived through the last one who STILL never bought more than the box they wanted to shoot on the way to the range.

I have said this as you have many times.
    We keep a set amount of ammo and then some to shoot/train with.

I used to buy and sell a lot in the classifieds but lately everything I see in there can be found cheaper at the LGS. $900/1000 for beat up 1911's
    H&K's I have purchased new recently for a few $'s more. These pieces are not flying out of the classifieds as they are lingering so the smart guy's are not paying the jacked up premium asking price.
    I am off to an LGS tomorrow and paying a fair price for a gun I have been looking for NIB for $100 less than I saw a beater for in the classifieds.
    I understand econ 101 but really fellas, wake the hell up. JMHO

SIGnature45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    South Bend
    Why would anyone care what someone else posts as an asking price? No one is making you pay for it. They are asking a price. Take it or leave it. Don't get online and complain and rant about it. A gun is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Period. If you don't like it or don't agree with it, then don't pay it and move on. Why is that so hard to do? Yea I don't like that I can't find ammo for a reasonable price right now and everyone is buying up AR parts and optics. It sucks, but it's the reality of the times.

I'm sure no one will be complaining a year from now when everyone realized they panicked so everyone is selling, and prices are below what they were before the panic because the ol' supply and demand scale has flipped the other way.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why would anyone care what someone else posts as an asking price? No one is making you pay for it. They are asking a price. Take it or leave it. Don't get online and complain and rant about it. A gun is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Period. If you don't like it or don't agree with it, then don't pay it and move on. Why is that so hard to do? Yea I don't like that I can't find ammo for a reasonable price right now and everyone is buying up AR parts and optics. It sucks, but it's the reality of the times.

I'm sure no one will be complaining a year from now when everyone realized they panicked so everyone is selling, and prices are below what they were before the panic because the ol' supply and demand scale has flipped the other way.
    ii

I enjoyed the classifieds for the personality's and the adventure involved. Clandestine meetings at interstate off ramps behind a truck stop was fun and I have met some good folks. LGS is pretty bland by comparison but it works. That is going away with all the newbies and the over priced AR's that keep bumping to the top over and over again.
    I miss it. If this is the new way then so be it. I have all I need so anything I buy now is an I want item. No panic involved.
    I have recently sold off 3 AR'S for pre- nut's prices to close friends just to get them in the game. Let ammo go with them as well so they could go shooting with me. Been fun.

I could give a rats A$$ what they post them for just saying, want to sell it today....No....then keep it. No harm no foul.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    I look at it this way...if they pay the inflated price and the market drops (or worse yet, a ban taking ur guns happens), they are the suckers. If there is a grandfathered ban, I already got my stuff but don't get to play with any new toys and maybe I'm the sucker. If you're late to the game - shame on you!!!

"There's a sucker born every minute"

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    my only regret is buying that stupid thunder ranch shotgun instead of leaving the 5 lower palmetto receivers in my cart...i would have that kriss vector that takes glocks mags.....:facepalm:

Cowboy71

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Clark County, IN
    The market is crazy right now. I saw some guy on Armslist.com trying to sell an HK MR762 for $6500 dollars -- which, at least to me, is insane. But, that's just the way free markets work. Right now things favor sellers. That won't always be the case.

It's annoying when you're wanting to make a purchase but we just have to suck it up and be patient until things calm down. That is unless you want to be a panic shopper and actually spring for some of these outrageous listings. If you have enough money to throw away like that then more power to you I guess, but it's beyond my means.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

Oh I'm pissing and moaning, just haven't done it on here yet...

I want to shoot my AR, but I'm afraid to.
    I want to buy that Aimpoint, but I'm afraid of spending anymore money on that AR in fear of not being able to shoot it.
    I keep going back and forth on selling it to get rid of this fear I have.

I WANT to buy either a .38 special or a .380 pocket gun.
    BUT I can't find any, and I can't find any ammo.

I'm pissing and moaning because this just sucks.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'll say it again. Thank the buyers that are paying the inflated prices. They are setting the market. If I list something for $xxx , and no one is willing to buy it. Then I have to either lower the price, or hold onto it. When people are willing to pay $xxx, then others know they can set prices that high, and people will buy. It is, what it is.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Thats the same reason why all our jobs are overseas now. Capitalism. We meed morality-ism. Thats it. I'll shut up. Night y'all.

Not hating on you at all. In fact, I'd love to buy from you if you have anything for sale. I think I would get a hell of a great deal on hard to find items. ;)

As I suspected, the op isn't selling anything here at prices he thinks everyone else should be charging. That seems to be the mo of the anti gougers. They're unwilling to do what they expect of everyone else.

------------

I used to have an old beater truck that the ac didn't work in. We went to town one day and my wife kept complaining how hot it was. After about the 5th "it's hot in here", I told her to keep complaining as each time she did, the temperature would drop 1 degree. We're only a few anti gouging posts away from normal prices.

Last edited:

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I sold my AR as well for a price comparable to current prices... If the buyer didnt like it, they didn't have to pay it. I needed the funds for other things that were more important in my household, and the AR was something that I could sell, as I rarely shot it, and it had little to no practical use in the house. As soon as funds allow (within a month or two, or whenevert the market comes down some), I will replace it with something I will use more, like ea new EDC and quite likely a trap gun...

Top Bottom