• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I was on the westside getting some juice for my ecig and figured I'd stop at Dons for some laughs, and boy did I get one. They had a few Hipoints for 299, a 20ga pistol gripped Mossy for 400, 20 rounds os .45 for $40, and a pretty stock DPMS M4 with non detach carry handle for well over a grand. But the best. The absolute icing on the cake.......A TAURUS JUDGE WITH A LASER FOR 1,125 DOLLARS. ONE THOUSAND, ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTYFIVE FRIGGING BUCKS!

How the hell does this guy stay in business is beyond me. Even the thugs that were in there said they were "out they damn mind, mang"

In other news the guy that got shot there isdoing fine and is (unwisely)going back to work next week.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Will never go there the adds alone are enough to scare you off. The fact that he remains in business has to tell you something though. Scarey thought huh?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Can't remember when but several years ago, he had a TV ad showing how "good a citizen I am" by burning either SKS's or AK "his term Assault guns" on a bonfire. At that time I determined I would never go into his business and that I would dissuade anyone I could from buying anything from him. I wouldn't buy a Colt Gold Cup from him if he offered it for $10.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Never been in Dons guns and from what you just posted I don't think I will stop in either:):

It's good for when you think you're getting ripped off somewhere else, makes ya rethink things. That, and it's the only store I know of that sells gangsta bling Davis and Bersa .380s lmao

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I was there exactly once. He didn't have a single pistol in his store that I would accept as a free gift. I never even got to the point of checking the prices.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    I figure he keeps selling guns because some fool:dunno: will get a firearm on his payment plan, I try to send everyone I know to Bradis,PSS or anywhere but Don's guns.:twocents:

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Dons is great for humor and as posted above for those times when you think your regular stores are ripping you off. My one time finding a Baby Eagle that goes for $550 or so online was "for sale" at over $1000 at Dons.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    Years ago when Ole Don was on 96th st, I brought a 22lr, A Stevens with a wood stock for $89.00. good deal IMO, still have it. He would have SOME deals, but very few. And just Laugh my A$$ off at the other prices.

9mmsubgun-m11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    If you ever shoot at Dons indoor range,watch picking up your brass. They intend to keep your brass which they claim gets donated to a local hospital-sounds like BS to me.

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    Living in the city, I'm forced to use his high powered lane for my .223 when the weather isn't cooperating. Range time isn't too expensive, but there are NO safeties.

I'll go probably once every couple of months to send some brass downrange. See a lot of Colts players and local celebrities blowing their money in there. Mike Epps was buying a RRA Operator for over $1,700 last time I was there. Didn't have the heart to tell him he could find it for less than 1,000 anywhere else.

Top Bottom