• ...and so much more!
  • Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Considering this forum is primarily Indiana residents only, i'm sure everyone has heard of Don's Guns and seen the commercials. I lived in Indy for about 3 years, and have been to Don's Guns and met him. Yes, he is as crazy as the commercials portray him. Haha. I thought you all might get a kick out of this next part though. I'm active on a lot of other shooting forums that are not Indiana exclusive. You wouldn't believe how many times i see Don's Guns commercials posted in the forums with people asking if that place really exists. Everyone thinks the whole commercial is a joke and the store isn't real That's when i have to step in and inform them it's real. Even then people are still skeptical. I don't blame them though! Haha.

This is probably my favorite of the commercials. Good ol' Don holding a gold Desert Eagle .50cal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhmauUQtSy0

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    "I don't want to make any money folks, i just loveee to rent guns. HA HA HA HA HA"

Creepy indeed, even "devilish". And if you've ever been to that store, he's DEFINITELY trying to make money with the outrageous prices there!

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I've never given a negative rep, but you're tempting me.
    Wasn't he (D**) a Hoffa enforcer or something lame like that once upon a time?

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Yes, actually. I'm surprised criminals can afford to buy guns at his prices! :rolleyes:

While in the store a year or two ago, I asked an employee about a high dollar handgun i had my eye on and if they had any in stock. His response:

"Nope. Those guns are too expensive for drive by's"

A joke yes, but i felt a hint of truth in his line... Haha

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I've never given a negative rep, but you're tempting me.
    Wasn't he (D**) a Hoffa enforcer or something lame like that once upon a time?

yep, he lost a union vote in what was determined to be a rigged union election, go figure, and the unions payed a boat load of money too him and he used that to finance the store.

Edit: he was part of the teamsters union.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I went to his shop once about 20 years ago to check it out, I haven't been back since.

EGParatrooper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    I see him occasionally driving around the south side of Indy in his Vette, but he doesn't want to make money

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    i was in his store once a few weeks ago (first and last visit). i felt dirty/creeped out just being in the store. i wish i hadn't taken my girlfriend with me, or gone myself for that matter. i think it says a lot about a place that it can make a 2 time Iraq war veteran Marine feel that spidey-sense-a-tinglin feeling bad enough that the wants to brass check the chamber on his 1911. something there felt WRONG!

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    anyone surprised?

Surprised that NICS doesn't do anything to keep guns out of criminals hands?

Surprised Eddie?... If I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am right now. :D

I'm not surprised at all.

If Don was selling to people that didn't pass, he would have been shut down a LONG time ago.

Top Bottom