• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I am not a fan of Don's "Overpriced" Guns, but you do have to realize that he has a national website where he sells guns too. If you are not a gun connoisseur like most of us the only "gun store" you have probably ever heard of due to mass advertising is Don's in Indy, so they don't know whether they are getting a good deal or not. It is on us to show our friends and colleagues the light...:):

^^^^^^This^^^^^:yesway:

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    The video showed Glocks for $799. We need to find it to post it. 300 guns per day is a mistake for sure.

Todays news showed a Charter Arms, with the gold painted frame, for $549.:n00b::n00b::n00b: His prices are high BUT Pops is slowly closing in on him and I find the employees at Dons a LOT more friendly than the Mayberry LEO's working at Pops. Come on Beech Grove get your range open SOON and give us a choice.

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I can't believe how many here join in the anti-gun hysteria. I don't like Don, but you don't have to like him to see what a farce this is, the ATF can run 1 or 3000 traces of your sales without you doing a damn thing wrong. It's not an objective standard. And where did the "300 guns a day" thing come from, it wasn't in the story? This is merely propaganda to put high volume dealers out of business, just like the small volume dealers were put out of business. Lastly, it will be the medium volume dealers. Again, I'm no fan of Don, but that doesn't mean I have to fall into the anti-gunner's trap that was set. Don s just the bait.

hoosierjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Mishawaka
    I checked out his store a few years back when he had one on the north side. His retail prices were nearly twice as much as what I saw at stores near my home by South Bend. That and the cockiness/rudeness of his employees pretty much guaranteed that I'd never set foot in one of his stores again.

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    I needed part for a scope mount and Don had one and wanted $35 for it. I declined his offer and bought it off of Midway for under $8 including postage. He's so crooked he could hide behind a corkscrew.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    Don's Guns sell a lot of low end SNS. Even though he is not cheap, these are the type of guns that get passed around between a lot of owners, and eventually wind up in the wrong hands of individuals that are not legally allowed to own them.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Did anyone else see the segment on channel 6 news about Don's guns national ranking on guns used in crimes?
    -Snip-

I didn't see the Channel 6 story, but I have heard this about Don's Guns over the years.
    If Don's Guns is breaking any laws with regard to selling guns, he would be shut down.

If there is any truth to the statistical connection between guns bought there and crimes, I would guess it's likely because that just happens to be the place where the "seedier" element feels comfortable buying guns.

I SAY THIS because whenever there's a multitude of businesses that sell a certain service or product, eventually there are ones that the "seedier" element gravitates to.

For example, say you feel like stopping in at a bar for a cold beer in your neck of the woods?
    Everybody knows the bars you stay away from because of the "clientele" that frequents the place, and the trouble you'll likely run into.

It doesn't mean the owners of the bar are violating any liquor laws.

Why can't this be true of a gun shop?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Don's Guns sell a lot of low end SNS. Even though he is not cheap, these are the type of guns that get passed around between a lot of owners, and eventually wind up in the wrong hands of individuals that are not legally allowed to own them.

This right here. He doesn't necessarily sell to criminals (or to folks that aren't criminals yet ;) ). The guns he sells end up in the hands of criminals or wind up as "community guns": Guns hidden in a common area for gangs to use in a crime, then replace it in it's mutal hiding spot for the next criminal to use.

I hate Don with the fury of God's own thunder. He is very slimy and his ilk usually live longer than they are designated for. While he may be "spotless" in his eyes, the people he hires and the company he runs is filled with corruption and evil, no doubt even with the "ATF" checks. His workers are the face of his corruption.

I was suckered into buying a gun there LONG ago. I was getting back into shooting and was new to the area. Had I knew of the other stores, I would have shopped at a better place, but I digress. I found a two tone, .45 Witness wood grips, adjustable sighted pistol that I absolutely loved. $600. No way. I bickered and bickered and finally got the guy down to 450 (still a bit of a rip, but whatever, I loved the gun plus I was a retard back then, still am! :D ). The guy I was dealing with said "No biggie, I am quitting today anyways..." :D They threw in one range session and even threw in a box of Amerc ammo (boy was I stupid!). Set up on the range, thankfully the only one there. I felt something whizz past my head on round 6. Nice indent in the glass behind me. I packed up the stuff and left promptly. Will never go there again! :D

Top Bottom