• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    Did anyone else see the segment on channel 6 news about Don's guns national ranking on guns used in crimes? The story said that Don's is ranked #3 in the nation for sold guns recovered in crime investigation. They have had over 1900 recovered in the last 4 years.

Old Don said that he believes this is due solely to the high volume of guns he sells, which is claimed to be up to 300 a day. He also said "blame the gun laws, not the gun stores.":dunno::popcorn:

rfontes

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Noblesville
    my co workers roommate went to don's to pic out his first handgun on sat, he got a hi point 9 for $229+tax. lol, he should have waited, i could have took him to plainfield shooting supplies this week, could of got a ruger p95(a real gun with quality & reliability) for $299 at pss. Don's Gunshop, man **** that place!(Laugh of the devil at the end of the vid)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhmauUQtSy0

Last edited:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    that means he sells a gun every 2.4 minutes. i dont know about you but all the times *sadly, many* i have been there shooting i do not recall seeing 15 guns being sold or enough customers to support that claim.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    my co workers roommate went to don's to pic out his first handgun on sat, he got a hi point 9 for $229+tax. lol, he should have waited, i could have took him to plainfield shooting supplies this week, could of got a ruger p95(a real gun with quality & reliability) for $299 at pss. Don's Gunshop, man **** that place!

Bradis has the hi point 9's for $129 right now. Did they at least give your co workers room mate a free tub of vasoline with the purchase? He's going to need it after that screwing.

rfontes

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Noblesville
    i was at pops on sun, picking up some magpul rail covers, i saw the glock, lol, damn $619, straight up raping ppl at that price. their selection sucks too, no berettas, no fnp's, no sigs, no hk's...

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    that means he sells a gun every 2.4 minutes. i dont know about you but all the times *sadly, many* i have been there shooting i do not recall seeing 15 guns being sold or enough customers to support that claim.

Obviously you are not in there during his "behind closed doors after hours, no paperwork for cash sales, I'll fill it out later sales" I wouldn't ever buy from him simply because I hate snitches, his outrageous prices just seals the boycott.

rfontes

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Noblesville
    correct me if im wrong, but i heard something about don being in the witness protection program along time ago, and about him being a former bodyguard or gunman for the gambino's....

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Obviously you are not in there during his "behind closed doors after hours, no paperwork for cash sales, I'll fill it out later sales" I wouldn't ever buy from him simply because I hate snitches, his outrageous prices just seals the boycott.

nah, got in the range because we never could get out of work to make it to pops in time and got the heck out of there. havent been in there in a couple years now since my friend has his own range we can shoot at anytime in his backyard....

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    correct me if im wrong, but i heard something about don being in the witness protection program along time ago, and about him being a former bodyguard or gunman for the gambino's....

ive heard something about this as well, but do not know which part of it...

Takashi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Indy Northside
    Did anyone else see the segment on channel 6 news about Don's guns national ranking on guns used in crimes? The story said that Don's is ranked #3 in the nation for sold guns recovered in crime investigation. They have had over 1900 recovered in the last 4 years.

Old Don said that he believes this is due solely to the high volume of guns he sells, which is claimed to be up to 300 a day. He also said "blame the gun laws, not the gun stores.":dunno::popcorn:

I can't believe a little store in Indiana makes 3rd in the nation. It's not like we have a violent crime problem on a national scare in the area. I always thought the prices there were a little ridiculous, and with this tidbit of information, I definitely won't be visiting.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That guy is just... stupid. He always says blame the laws, but if the laws were more restrictive, he wouldn't be able to fulfill his love for selling guns. Besides, there is no way that place is moving that kind of volume.

I also can't understand if it's obvious there are straw purchases going on in that place, why ATF hasn't conducted some kind of investigation and closed him down. No, I'm not saying anything disparaging about the neighborhood or the clientele, but the obvious business practices of the store if they are ranked that high.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I am not a fan of Don's "Overpriced" Guns, but you do have to realize that he has a national website where he sells guns too. If you are not a gun connoisseur like most of us the only "gun store" you have probably ever heard of due to mass advertising is Don's in Indy, so they don't know whether they are getting a good deal or not. It is on us to show our friends and colleagues the light...:):

Top Bottom