• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    thrown out

Last time I was in there, I was asked to leave the store. There was a gentleman looking at a used Ruger P89 that was marked $649. When the potential customer said he thought the price sounded high for a used gun the employee behind the counter said it was the going rate for that particular gun and he had used 1911's that were more than $2000, so $649 was a good deal on a used Ruger. I told the customer that he was correct and that the same firearme he was looking at could be purchased new for less than $400 at other shops. The employee looked at me and told me I was lying. I suggested we call Plainfield and ask for a price quote on the phone. He suggested I "get the hell out of the store" and told me, "What you know about guns and thier value couldnt fill a shot glass". I politely informed him that I was leaving and loudly suggested that anyone who wanted a better price might check out Plainfield Shooting Supplies. I haven't been in there since and dont plan on ever going back. Places like Don's feed on misinformed or undereducated people who dont know any other gun stores in town exist.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    East Central In.
    I just stopped in Don's to kill about five minutes. I got to the 1st case and saw a Ruger LCP for $599.99. I turned around and walked out. I have a p3AT, so I'm not looking for a LCP, I was just so disgusted in their prices that I walked out.

MSRP for the Ruger LCP was $330, raised to $347, and is currently $364 (US).[5 (from Wikipedia)

If you made it out of Don's without getting your wallet lifted, you got a deal!

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Ohh, crap, no cameras allowed :rolleyes:

It is a pleasure to bring you this web page. This company is 36 years old and we know what you want in a shooting range gun store. Thirty years has taught me a lot and I have developed a few sayings that make a lot of sense:
    "It's always cheaper somewhere else when they don't have it." We've got it in stock. If we don't, ask us why? As the oldest gun range owner in America we know the failures of quite a few guns and will not stock the product. REMEMBER! "It's better to own a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not own it."
    There is nothing any company can get you that we can't. Just call us, give us 50% down and we will order the same day. On my signboard at 38th & Lafayette Road is a sign that reads "I don't make the rules, I just follow them". There is a sign on my door that says "No Video, Audio, or Cameras allowed.
    Don's has no leagues or memberships, we tried that and found that the members tied up the ranges too much. You don't have to wait at Don's!
    "It's better to own a gun and not need it
    than to need a gun and not own it."

- Don Davis

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Last time I was in there, I was asked to leave the store. There was a gentleman looking at a used Ruger P89 that was marked $649. When the potential customer said he thought the price sounded high for a used gun the employee behind the counter said it was the going rate for that particular gun and he had used 1911's that were more than $2000, so $649 was a good deal on a used Ruger. I told the customer that he was correct and that the same firearme he was looking at could be purchased new for less than $400 at other shops. The employee looked at me and told me I was lying. I suggested we call Plainfield and ask for a price quote on the phone. He suggested I "get the hell out of the store" and told me, "What you know about guns and thier value couldnt fill a shot glass". I politely informed him that I was leaving and loudly suggested that anyone who wanted a better price might check out Plainfield Shooting Supplies. I haven't been in there since and dont plan on ever going back. Places like Don's feed on misinformed or undereducated people who dont know any other gun stores in town exist.

Rep'd for helpin out a fellow gun owner!

rtrouten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wow, I can say to myself...damn, I am glad I have no idea where this place is....Me being a newbie and all would still know I was getting hosed!!

Packin-Heat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Avon, Indiana
    Not a bad place to look if you just want to get a feel of something in your hand, but DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT buy anything here, unless you are in to blatantly being wallet raped, and not even getting kissed.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I wish they would get a few tables at the 1500! Wouldn't that be awesome!?!?!
    Don't forget that you can get ccw badges there for only $50!

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    As the oldest gun range owner in America we know the failures of quite a few guns and will not stock the product.

"...which is why our displays are full of Phoenix Arms .22, Bryco .38's, and pocket derringers. Nothing but the finest for our customers!"

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    If he is such a dirtbag, how does he continue to stay in business?
    You would think word would have gotten out by now to enough people to avoid this like a plague.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Ole Don dosen't need the money the mob paid him well years ago being an enforcer for the teamsters. I think he just loves to sell guns.

Shhhhhhhhh............. Besides, you don't go to Don's for the guns. You go to Don's for the people.

Where else can you see some woman who obviously has no idea what she is getting herself into being cajoled by her man to hurry up and sign that paperwork baby. Don's will even let the baby momma leave the store while NICS check is being done and let Big Daddy carry out the gun. It's a felonious family experience at Don's!

Indysioux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Carmel IN
    A few years back I went into the Don's store that used to be located at 96th and Keystone. The clerk was very nice, and didn't pressure me. The selection was weak and expensive. The overall feel of the store was 'sleasy'.

I marked Don's off my list, and have never gone back.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    If he is such a dirtbag, how does he continue to stay in business?
    You would think word would have gotten out by now to enough people to avoid this like a plague.

Most if not all self respecting gun owners do. When you're spending money you "earned" slinging drugs 'n killin' thugs, you don't care about the prices. You want a shop that won't ask questions.

Top Bottom