• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FWShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    In an interview on RTV6's "Good Morning Indiana," Donnelly affirmed his support for the Second Amendment, but said, "I'm also a dad. I want to make sure that every child who goes to school can feel safe, everyone who goes to work can feel safe."

I think he needs to be educated on what supporting the 2nd amendment means.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Haven't watched the vid yet, but I'm betting he is a lot like the others... I've been trying to get a dialogue of any kind going with the Sen. so far I've gotten nothing, not even a form letter back. We need to remind all of Congress that their bound to uphold and defend the Constitution in it's entirety!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    "In the area of mental health, we have an awful lot we have to do to make sure that people who have challenges cannot get their hands on weapons," Donnelly said. "I think that's absolutely critical."

Ah, yes, the Congressional wisdom of plowing the sea.:rolleyes:

Senator, the Murderer of Newtown murdered his mother and stole his firearm. Will you be proposing new federal legislation against matricide? Perhaps new federal legislation against firearms theft?

If only we had one more federal law, THEN the utopia we shall have.

What is absolutely critical, Senator, is that politicians stop creating governmentally mandated slaughter pens. You and your kind are responsible for the school shootings by prohibiting good guys with guns from stopping the mad men. You allow us to be defenseless against the mad men and are accountable for the loss of life.

The mad men are mad. They care not for your pages and pages of laws. Let me stop them. Let me excercise my right to self-defense on school property just like I can at the mall, the restaurant, the coffee shop, the mean streets of downtown Lafayette.

The mad men are mad, they will not listen to reason or even bloviating politicians who issue commands to mad men, the future and cats. Let me fight them. I am the only one that can stop them. Let me.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Just watched the video.

Donnelly was typical politician: non-committal. He sounded very similar to the form letter I got from Todd Young...

He mentioned a "comprehensive discussion" including firearms, but hit primarily on mental health & screening to prevent those people from obtaining firearms. He did not mention supporting either an assault weapon or high capacity magazine ban.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Ah, yes, the Congressional wisdom of plowing the sea.:rolleyes:

Senator, the Murderer of Newtown murdered his mother and stole his firearm. Will you be proposing new federal legislation against matricide? Perhaps new federal legislation against firearms theft?

If only we had one more federal law, THEN the utopia we shall have.

What is absolutely critical, Senator, is that politicians stop creating governmentally mandated slaughter pens. You and your kind are responsible for the school shootings by prohibiting good guys with guns from stopping the mad men. You allow us to be defenseless against the mad men and are accountable for the loss of life.

The mad men are mad. They care not for your pages and pages of laws. Let me stop them. Let me excercise my right to self-defense on school property just like I can at the mall, the restaurant, the coffee shop, the mean streets of downtown Lafayette.

The mad men are mad, they will not listen to reason or even bloviating politicians who issue commands to mad men, the future and cats. Let me fight them. I am the only one that can stop them. Let me.

Ah sanity. +1.

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    Feel safe

I wonder if the people in New York feel safer now....

In an interview on RTV6's "Good Morning Indiana," Donnelly affirmed his support for the Second Amendment, but said, "I'm also a dad. I want to make sure that every child who goes to school can feel safe, everyone who goes to work can feel safe."

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Joe is a Democrat before American. He doesn't want to make the King unhappy.

I'll be supporting whomever runs against him in his next election with my time and money.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Donnelly affirmed his support for the Second Amendment, but said, "I'm also a dad. I want to make sure that every child who goes to school can feel safe, everyone who goes to work can feel safe."

I guess we need to wait and see what he does.....

But this language is typical of politician. Maybe it's because he's a democrat and I believe will once again fall in line with the senate, dem. leadership, but I feel the tip of a knife right between my shoulder blades.

I pray I'm only imagining it.

MooreALX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Hartford City

I don't understand why people are so worried about feeling safe, but couldn't care less about actually being safe.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Joe is a Democrat before American. He doesn't want to make the King unhappy.

I'll be supporting whomever runs against him in his next election with my time and money.

We had a good candidate but look at all of the hatred by libertarians because Mourdock was "too religious".

As long as gun owners fight to see who is more pure, we will never win against the left.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    We had a good candidate but look at all of the hatred by libertarians because Mourdock was "too religious".

As long as gun owners fight to see who is more pure, we will never win against the left.

Yep. Good thing that Tea Party wacko Mourdock didn't get elected.

Millions of women and Christian haters can now sleep soundly because Donnelly doesn't believe in "legitimate rape".

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana

Did you look at any of Horning's positions or are you just throwing that out there to stimulate conversation?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

I heard the exact same thing from Juliani and Hannity on the radio last night.

I would not be in the least bit surprised to see new regulations passed by congress.

Republicans like regulation just as much as Democrats.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

Mr. Mourdock killed his own chances. If every Libertarian (aggressive or non-aggressive) had voted for him, he still would have lost. He couldn't even hold his (R) after his abortion debacle.

Back to the OP though, lets remind Donelly that he had bipartisan support and a high NRA rating. Now we expect him to live up to that.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Donelly is nothing more than a democrat. Liberals are all the same, grow gov't, take away freedom, regulate everything, do away with personal freedom and responsibility. They lie to advance their agenda, believing them is pure stupidity, maybe this democrat is different, he is compassionate!! NOPE. he'll vote how Reid tells him to.

Top Bottom