• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    In an interview on RTV6's "Good Morning Indiana," Donnelly affirmed his support for the Second Amendment, but said, "I'm also a dad. I want to make sure that every child who goes to school can feel safe, everyone who goes to work can feel safe."

I think he needs to be educated on what supporting the 2nd amendment means.

Well it's good that kids can "feel" safe even if they're actually not.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Just watched the video.
    .He mentioned a "comprehensive discussion" including firearms, but hit primarily on mental health & screening to prevent those people from obtaining firearms.

Like we can trust the government to develop, identify, and implement accurate standards without violating those in the gray area. We do not want government setting standards in mental health. Especially in the current hysterical environment. Is it something to look at. Maybe in a year if things have settled down and accurate research is used. Don't hold your breath.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Horning could have ran as a republican. But then the libertarians would have attacked him as well. The libertarians are doing everything they can to destroy the republicans and help democrats win.

He tried to run as a Republican, again. The Republicans succeeded in running him out of the party because he wouldn't toe the company line. Republicans, who until recently included me in their ranks, have done this to themselves.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Horning could have ran as a republican. But then the libertarians would have attacked him as well. The libertarians are doing everything they can to destroy the republicans and help democrats win.

That's the vibe I get from many of the INGO Libertarians.

I'm no fan of the Republican party, but even Ron Paul knew the path to effect change has to be taken through a party that actually has a chance of being elected.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He tried to run as a Republican, again. The Republicans succeeded in running him out of the party because he wouldn't toe the company line. Republicans, who until recently included me in their ranks, have done this to themselves.

He needs to run for a lower office then use that to get to a federal office. I worked on his campaign against Miss Julia. He is not going to get support by the Marion county republicans unless he can prove that he can win Hispanic and Black voters.

And He did have a good base of Black support in Marion county.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    He needs to run for a lower office then use that to get to a federal office. I worked on his campaign against Miss Julia. He is not going to get support by the Marion county republicans unless he can prove that he can win Hispanic and Black voters.

And He did have a good base of Black support in Marion county

You're making my point for me. The R's are to blame for their own plight. Stop blaming the people like me, who are finally fed up with your crap, for the crap you're knee deep in as a result of pushing your unwanted crap on me.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You're making my point for me. The R's are to blame for their own plight. Stop blaming the people like me, who are finally fed up with your crap, for the crap you're knee deep in as a result of pushing your unwanted crap on me.

The libertarian party needs to go away. Or you need to actively work to split the democrats so that they no longer have power thus setting the stage for a five party system. Once the dems split, so will the GOP.

Horning can not win in Marion county, not because of the establishment republicans, because the democrats control a huge number of low information voters. If he wants to win, especially if he wants to also have establishment GOP support, win a lower office. Then show that he can win support from Blacks and Hispanics. No establishment type will turn their back on a proven winner.

The libertarians are fools as they are so into being pure that they can NEVER win. They are far worst than any evangelical christian.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    The libertarian party needs to go away. Or you need to actively work to split the democrats so that they no longer have power thus setting the stage for a five party system. Once the dems split, so will the GOP.

Horning can not win in Marion county, not because of the establishment republicans, because the democrats control a huge number of low information voters. If he wants to win, especially if he wants to also have establishment GOP support, win a lower office. Then show that he can win support from Blacks and Hispanics. No establishment type will turn their back on a proven winner.

The libertarians are fools as they are so into being pure that they can NEVER win. They are far worst than any evangelical christian.

So which is it, your inference that no Marion County Republican support is what dooms him, or the Dems can't be beat even though you claim Horning had a good base of support among black voters?

You seem to be trying to have it both ways.

The libertarian party would probably start shrinking instead of growing if the Republican party would go back to being fiscally conservative and lay off the social issue litmus tests.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We had a good candidate but look at all of the hatred by libertarians because Mourdock was "too religious".

As long as gun owners fight to see who is more pure, we will never win against the left.

That was only a small part of it. Indiana rejected Obama by a wide margin. That Donnelly won shows that a lot more than just libertarians didn't vote for Mourdock. I think a lot of establishment Republicans did not vote for Mourdock because they were pissed that Mourdock beat Lugar in the primary. Also the "curruption" allegation stuck with a lot of people. You could not convince my MIL that Mourdock wasn't a crook.

Top Bottom