Donelly caving, Coats on the verge. Call NOW!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Donnelly's a done deal. He's going to support UBC's. Coats will likely do us in, just as he did once before. He knows republicans will vote for him over a dem any day of the week, even if he stabs them in the back and rapes the corpse.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Donnelly's a done deal. He's going to support UBC's. Coats will likely do us in, just as he did once before. He knows republicans will vote for him over a dem any day of the week, even if he stabs them in the back and rapes the corpse.

Post-Lugar? Maybe...

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers

You may be right, but aren't you going to call/email/fax/Facebook them anyway?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Post-Lugar? Maybe...
    Yep. Lugar may be gone, but look what he got replaced with. Everyone voted for a guy who was a lost cause from day one, just to get him out. He'd probably run against Coates and let another dem in the seat. Coats figures he's safe. The machine has his back and they're unlikely to allow another Mourdock run and debacle.

kjf48197

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Indy south side
    I have already called and e-mailed. They do not care what we want, they want a feel good measure that will make it harder for law abiding people to uphold their 2nd amendment rights while the real issue, mental health, is kicked down the road like a can. Once again I have told them that criminals and the insane do not get background checks, and those people will do their damage one way or another. I might as well be talking to a fence post.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Where do the FFL's stand on this? They stand to make a good bit of money if this passes. Are more of them against it than are for it? The business community really needs to step things up.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Hopefully Rand and Cruz filibuster.

I am going to start buying cough drops and Red Bull to donate...

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I will say it here and again later. They can pass that damn UBC if they want. I will find someone to buy and sell with that will not care that they passed a stupid law saying we could not.

Anyone willing to publicly make that deal with me if the law does get passed?

csnoski

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What I keep wondering....

Any gun I now own and decide to sell privately after a UBC.....if my buyer agrees to say they bought it before the ubs, how would they know? Unless, of course they also enact a universal registration, but I haven't seen them talking about that.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I will say it here and again later. They can pass that damn UBC if they want. I will find someone to buy and sell with that will not care that they passed a stupid law saying we could not.

Anyone willing to publicly make that deal with me if the law does get passed?

I'm with Bunnykid. I don't see how this could possibly be enforced or monitored. I don't plan on selling any guns to criminals anyway.

Although I do envision cops trying sting operations similar to prostitution busts. Too bad that rarely catchs criminals buying guns.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    This law will make me a criminal because I don't plan on following it. I already am very careful if dealing with someone I don't know. I think we should try to make it as close to 100% non-compliance as we can and be very vocal about doing so. Laws only work if law abiding citizens follow them. If we don't, they are unenforceable on a mass scale.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I don't care what they pass. I'm not doing background checks. I'm not going to register my firearms, either.

Both Donnelly and Coates were lost causes on this from the outset. They aren't just now caving. Their position was determined from day 1 - they just lied to everybody. I don't care if they get a million letters each, every day. Their position is already set - they aren't going to change it. That didn't stop me from writing, as I'm wont to do, but it's falling on blinded eyes and deafened ears.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

I have already called and e-mailed. They do not care what we want, they want a feel good measure that will make it harder for law abiding people to uphold their 2nd amendment rights while the real issue, mental health, is kicked down the road like a can. Once again I have told them that criminals and the insane do not get background checks, and those people will do their damage one way or another. I might as well be talking to a fence post.

I don't care what they pass. I'm not doing background checks. I'm not going to register my firearms, either.

Both Donnelly and Coates were lost causes on this from the outset. They aren't just now caving. Their position was determined from day 1 - they just lied to everybody. I don't care if they get a million letters each, every day. Their position is already set - they aren't going to change it. That didn't stop me from writing, as I'm wont to do, but it's falling on blinded eyes and deafened ears.

You may be right, but aren't you going to call/email/fax/Facebook them anyway?

What is the point? Do you not see the replies above? You can have every voter in IN call against this and they will vote FOR it period. Just like National Affordable Act Care was passed to the screaming of the people.

Hopefully Rand and Cruz filibuster.

I am going to start buying cough drops and Red Bull to donate...

Buy them depends as well.

Top Bottom