• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    When you start using your defensive tool as an offensive one, against unarmed attackers, you are at the mercy of many people beyond your control.

In a situation that is already beyond your possible knowledge of completely understanding, you are rolling the dice with the characters involved on top of the responding law enforcement. Not to mention a more and more unfavorable to the 2A legal system.

The other end of the story. If the "bad guy" you are holding at gunpoint refuses your pistol brandishing intimidation and then has to be shot, well there you go. You are deep in it then.

Lawyer's paradise, where you could still win the individual battle, while costing you your entire financial worth and beyond.

:nono:

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    When you start using your defensive tool as an offensive one, against unarmed attackers, you are at the mercy of many people beyond your control.

In a situation that is already beyond your possible knowledge of completely understanding, you are rolling the dice with the characters involved on top of the responding law enforcement. Not to mention a more and more unfavorable to the 2A legal system.

The other end of the story. If the "bad guy" you are holding at gunpoint refuses your pistol brandishing intimidation and then has to be shot, well there you go. You are deep in it then.

Lawyer's paradise, where you could still win the individual battle, while costing you your entire financial worth and beyond.

:nono:
    On the holding at gunpoint a relative example tat transfers over from LE side. As an LEO I have had peeps at gunpoint that have completely disregarded any verbal order as they simply did not care or knew fleeing I would not shot.

On the other hand when I had OC out ready to use I had more compliance from bad guys because they knew I had almost zero repercussions if it happened to be a bad less lethal spray

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Gal was probably back to her man before evening.... you know, 'cause she loves him.

I had a friend get all snippy at me because he was sharing a TALE OF WOE about a girl he's been mooning over forever getting beat by her man.

I just replied: "She's getting exactly what she asked for."

I am so happy I have no remaining delusions about females.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I seriously don't understand the need for people like that to post videos.

Agreed. Didn't watch it, personally. I'll just say if it's not an active murder, you still have time to remain an observer. The question shouldn't be "can I intervene?" but rather "must I intervene?" If not, you can continue to gather information, let the help that's on the way get closer, move to a more advantageous position, etc.

Of course that may not be as sexy for your socials. Kind of like filming a burning tanker truck. The dumber you are, the more views your video will get. :D

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    I remember reading a story in Guns & Ammo many, many years ago. It was probably sometime in the 80's. A truck driver going through NYC saw a man trying to force a woman into a car. He stopped his truck, got out, pointed a .45 cal pistol at the man and told him to stop. Turns out it was an NYPD vice officer attempting to put a prostitute in his vehicle and she was resisting arrest. Obviously, all the bad things happened to the truck driver.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What is your life like that you have to have every deed performed on camera so all your friends can see? This cat was very lucky that the BF didn't decide to kick it up a notch with his own gun.

The juice aint worth the squeeze, kid.

Top Bottom