• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Very interesting video. Thanks for sharing! IMO I think he acted correctly and reasonably in the situation itself, but then over-shared with police in the follow-up which could have been to his detriment.

I've actually spoken with him before. From my experience, he comes across as a calm and competent guy who is very invested in CCW. I'm glad this ended well for him and for the victim.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A lot of us "good guys" are naïve about circumstances, especially those involving women. Even if it appears that a woman seems to be taking some abuse, you can't know for sure.

Damsel in distress is a ruse often played by couples looking for a mark. Even if not a setup, just ask any seasoned officer about a "beaten female" attacking them when they attempt to deal with the bad man who done the beating.

:bash:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    After Daniel Penny got charged with murder in NYC I called a personal moratorium on trying to save women from anything less than an active shooter.

Absent the video she could make up any story she wants. "We was just standing on the corner and this white boy came up and pulled a gun".

When POLICE think domestic calls are the most dangerous things they deal with short of active shooters, you should probably listen. You don't have backup, they do.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    A lot of us "good guys" are naïve about circumstances, especially those involving women. Even if it appears that a woman seems to be taking some abuse, you can't know for sure.

Damsel in distress is a ruse often played by couples looking for a mark. Even if not a setup, just ask any seasoned officer about a "beaten female" attacking them when they attempt to deal with the bad man who done the beating.

:bash:

Here is a great article and some experience from Greg Ellifritz that touches on what could have been bad!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Gal was probably back to her man before evening.... you know, 'cause she loves him.
    Exactly. Call 911 and be a good witness. Follow at a distance if necessary. But do not engage directly. You'll likely go from one threat to two once she sees you attacking her man. (regardless of what he is doing to her)

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Very interesting video. Thanks for sharing! IMO I think he acted correctly and reasonably in the situation itself, but then over-shared with police in the follow-up which could have been to his detriment.

I've actually spoken with him before. From my experience, he comes across as a calm and competent guy who is very invested in CCW. I'm glad this ended well for him and for the victim.
    I always thought this was one of the reasons to carry a firearm.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Only in the most dire extreme would I directly involve myself in a situation where I would potentially need to use my firearm. And I’m talking as a retired LEO. A citizen with no training has no business intervening directly in a domestic violence situation. They can be extremely dangerous.

An active shooter situation, protecting myself or my loved ones, or an obvious child abduction is about my line for considering armed intervention on my part when I am out and about.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    But domestics are a hot mess. Like juggling sticks of nitroglycerine.

It is one of the few defensive gun situations where the victim will turn on the hero. Happens everyday, even to LEO. "You cant arrest my husband! I LOVE HIM!" Said the woman with two black eyes and a bloody lip.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Only in the most dire extreme would I directly involve myself in a situation where I would potentially need to use my firearm. And I’m talking as a retired LEO. A citizen with no training has no business intervening directly in a domestic violence situation. They can be extremely dangerous.

An active shooter situation, protecting myself or my loved ones, or an obvious child abduction is about my line for considering armed intervention on my part when I am out and about.
    But domestics are a hot mess. Like juggling sticks of nitroglycerine.

It is one of the few defensive gun situations where the victim will turn on the hero. Happens everyday, even to LEO. "You cant arrest my husband! I LOVE HIM!" Said the woman with two black eyes and a bloody lip.
    Yea, I've been around for a few years now,
    I know how it works.
    I'll say this, if that was your daughter or grand daughter would you want a good guy to drive by, or pull over.

Me, I'm one of those men that will pull over.

Top Bottom