• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    to end the panic...Today in the shop I sold a Ruger Ranch Rifle Mini 14 in .223 for $599.99 plus tax..There were two high cap magazines and a scope with it. I could have put it on gunbroker and got a bit more..Quite a bit more actually..I took the weapon in on trade yesterday, calculated what I had in it and put it on the wall..It was gone in two hours.

I know there is a thread about how gun shop owners/employees are dicks...(I know I am) but we do what we can to help people out....I think I will throw up if I see it on the INGO classifeds for $1000 but I did the right thing so lets hope the customer does as well......

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    In my almost day long trip at Falls City I did see this. He could have probably got twice as much as he did out of it. No gouging from him :)

I also did get a good deal on something today, too. I have a rule that I will buy at least one thing from every gun store that I frequent, but only if I can find something that is cool and affordable. Well, a Nagant Revolver with a good quality holster (yes it is the one made for it) and 14 rounds of ammo for much less than $200 falls into that cool and affordable category. One more soviet gun to add to the collection. I'm very satisfied with the trip today :)

balzack2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    South of Ft Wayne
    Thank you indiucky for doing the right thing, if more people started this we could stop this maddness sooner. I wish I was closer, sounds like nice deal was missed out on.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I would have no control over that and things I have no control over have no effect on me...I am weird that way....
    You absolutely have control over who gets the profit...if you decide to sell an item well below market value you are allowing someone else to have it, by your choice. And I would venture to guess that the extra $$ would have some effect on you and/or your business.

I guess you just don't want to answer the question, fair enough. But let's strive for honesty.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    To all------I will be set up at the Tipton Gun show(with my INGO patch on my hat)---the prices on the items I will have for sale,are the same as they were in November----I just set up at the Tipton and Muncie shows----dont remove,and change the tags each time I set up----------
    In the North Room---look for the patch

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You absolutely have control over who gets the profit...if you decide to sell an item well below market value you are allowing someone else to have it, by your choice. And I would venture to guess that the extra $$ would have some effect on you and/or your business.

I guess you just don't want to answer the question, fair enough. But let's strive for honesty.

Having no control over what someone does with a gun after I sell it to them is about as honest as you can get. Lord man you are sounding like a gun grabbing politician. What part of "I sold the gun and it is now their's and I have no control of what they do with it" do you not comprehend??? I have answered as honestly as I can. I sold a gun at what the value really is (not an inflated value driven by politicians who blame the gun or the seller for the actions of criminals, madmen, or profiteers.) and I am some how being dishonest??? I answered your question Perry Mason and you questioned my integrity. I, not you determine what my profit is and there is no need to maximize profit of every gun I sell...Honesty and integrity are guiding principles in everything I do....

I guess you just don't want to accept that...Fair enough. But let's strive for honesty...

It's worth striving for and is far more important than an extra $200...What an awful way to live where an extra $200 would mean you "were striving for honesty." Lord man...It's only money and if you bury it with you it just rots...

Last edited:

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Having no control over what someone does with a gun after I sell it to them is about as honest as you can get. Lord man you are sounding like a gun grabbing politician. (WTH are you talking about...maybe this should be merged in the gun shop owners/employees are dicks thread, as you referenced)...blah blah blah
    :rolleyes:
    You control the price you sold the gun for. You decided to sell it for under market value. You differed the potenial for profit to someone else. You made that decision. You CONTROLED weather the buyer had the potential to flip the firearm for an instant profit that could've easily been yours. Your choice was to decline the market driven profit. It was a nice thing that you did.

All I asked was:
    You sold an item at below market prices. How would you feel if you knew that buyer sold the item the next day for a substantial profit that you could've had.

And you come back with:
    I would have no control over that and things I have no control over have no effect on me...I am weird that way....
    Along with rants quoted above.

You got very defensive and went on a rant way outside of what I said, even compared me to a gun-grabber (made me laugh).

I simply asked how you would feel if the purchaser immidiately flipped your under-priced gun and made the profit that you could've had...essentially nuillifying your good deed (you did come here say you did "your part" and "help people out"). Your answer was "I would have no control over that ", which I showed above is not true (you controlled the price and chose chose set the price below market value). I can tell that would upset you a quite a lot. Thanks for answering in your own way. ;)

Last edited:

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    At least I know who to avoid if they ever have something up on the classifieds. Sounds like one of those people that will put up a Glock 19 with a couple extra mags for $700 just because someone will buy it. Or a $600 AK that is going for $1000 during the current supply and demand inflation.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    :rolleyes:
    You control the price you sold the gun for. You decided to sell it for under market value. You differed the potenial for profit to someone else. You made that decision. You CONTROLED weather the buyer had the potential to flip the firearm for an instant profit that could've easily been yours. Your choice was to decline the market driven profit. It was a nice thing that you did.

All I asked was:

And you come back with:
    Along with rants quoted above.

You got very defensive and went on a rant way outside of what I said, even compared me to a gun-grabber (made me laugh).

I simply asked how you would feel if the purchaser immidiately flipped your under-priced gun and made the profit that you could've had...essentially nuillifying your good deed (you did come here say you did "your part" and "help people out"). Your answer was "I would have no control over that ", which I showed above is not true (you controlled the price ;)

I have no control over what someone does with a gun after they buy it. It is now their gun...I have no contol over that so I do not worry about it...I made a profit that I was comfortable with...The gun grabber comparison was because some politicians are wanting to allow people to sue gun manufacturers when someone commits a crime with the firearm they manufactured...the manufacturers are not responsible (IMHO. You may disagree)after the gun was sold...Hence the comparison...I stand by it though you may disagree..

I set the price and my profit margin...What is done after that I have no control over...If enough people sell the guns at pre panic prices that should help bring the market price down to pre panic levels..I am sorry you took this as a rant...I am defensive because I believe I should do my small part as to shorten the length of time of this panic pricing...When someone responds to you it is a response although you may see it as a rant...I am a dick and I am okay with that....Most guys that come into gun shops are not dicks...I am okay with that as well Most of my regulars take my dickines with a grain of salt...At some point two days ago I am sure a conversation went like this..."You know that guy that owns Falls City Firearms is kind of a dick..But he did sell me a Mini 14 ranch for $600." I can live with that...So yes Virginia you can move this to the all gun shop owners are dicks thread...If INGO ever has a "Biggest Dick Gun Shop Owner" contest I would hope to win that...It would be nice to see a Southern Indiana shop get in the top three and I really think if I post enough I can win that one (fingers crossed)...I would love to have your vote and please feel free to stop by if you are ever down south...You can google directions and we plan on having another meet and greet around Derby time...Free pizza and no extra charge for my winning personality and bloviated opinions...

Have a Blessed Day...

SIGnature45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    South Bend
    to end the panic...Today in the shop I sold a Ruger Ranch Rifle Mini 14 in .223 for $599.99 plus tax..There were two high cap magazines and a scope with it. I could have put it on gunbroker and got a bit more..Quite a bit more actually..I took the weapon in on trade yesterday, calculated what I had in it and put it on the wall..It was gone in two hours.

I know there is a thread about how gun shop owners/employees are dicks...(I know I am) but we do what we can to help people out....I think I will throw up if I see it on the INGO classifeds for $1000 but I did the right thing so lets hope the customer does as well......

At least your humble about it and don't go around posting online how awesome you are :rockwoot:

Lol just kidding at least someone is trying.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Just think that there are reasonable dealers around. And who would've thought they would be found amongst the ranks of Ingo?
    Hold on, is this shop available for the shop of the year votes? Hmmm.
    Sorry just a tinfoil conspiracy moment. But kudos to being fair.

Can you imagine if I would have went $399.99???? I would have been the smallest dick in the world!!!!

That's it. I'm notifying the proper authorities. I'm sure they will pull your FFL, I mean your Dick Card. Dealers (aka D.I.C.K.S.) are not allowed to do these such things as you confessed to.

Top Bottom