• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LuckyOne

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Parke County, IN
    In regards to profit I believe it is a pay me now or pay me later in this case. Some profit may have been left on the table today but in the future word of mouth and referrals will generate continued growth and success. So I believe that you did not only the right thing but also made a good business move. When things get back to normal, or a new normal, you will be there and you will be successful because you treat people right. It is just as much a people business, probably more, as it is gun business.

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    Well, I say good on you! I work for a small family owned business and there have been plenty of times where we could have knowingly gouged some trusting soul that was asking only us to quote a project. But oddly enough, the thought never crossed our minds. We used the same profit margins in those cases as we normally would. I'd rather sleep at night knowing I wasn't taking advantage of someone. And yes, sometimes the people we are selling to are turning around and reselling to someone else.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Most are not...I am the exception to the rule....:D

Me too...but I can get crabby every once in awhile.

The real issue is going to be replacing that mini-14 at your old price. I don't have any idea where my costs are going to be in 90 days when the market starts freeing up a bit.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Can you imagine if I would have went $399.99???? I would have [STRIKE]been[/STRIKE] the smallest dick in the world!!!!

FTFY ;)

In regards to profit I believe it is a pay me now or pay me later in this case. Some profit may have been left on the table today but in the future word of mouth and referrals will generate continued growth and success. So I believe that you did not only the right thing but also made a good business move. When things get back to normal, or a new normal, you will be there and you will be successful because you treat people right. It is just as much a people business, probably more, as it is gun business.

Agreed... those that take the short view, often lose in the long run.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Thank you to the shop owner for not being a huge dick. Yes you could've made more money on that one rifle but you will keep many customers for not playing the crazy price game. Any shop I know that is price gouging will not be getting any money from me in the future. I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way. So you will make more money in the long run.
    Also maybe the person that bought it has wanted one for a long time and just got money together to buy it when all this crap started. That's what happened to me with an AR. Fortunately I found someone willing to sell at a decent price.
    Your shop isn't close to where I live but if it were I would shop there. Thank you sir

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    A very good trend! Please keep it up! A similar gun shop owner was selling guns at fair prices the other day, I bought a LCP for 315$ OTD (they were like 400+ at the 1500). Not saying he gave it away, but I feel thats a pretty decent deal. Lets remember what keeps these prices high. Obviously there is a supply/demand aspect, but also the fact that people will pay it. If people offer stuff cheaper, that will hopefully bring down prices as a whole.

disGRUNTld

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    I sold a used Taurus TCP .380 on gunbroker.com for $380 and that was bids not a set price so I believe you that you would have made much more!

Top Bottom