• Are you a cat people or a dog people?

• Total voters

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I'm reading a book wherein the author finally shows some affinity for dogs and dog people. Seems most of the sci-fi/fantasy authors I've read lately are cat people, and that's all fine and dandy but I'm not a cat people. So I was just curious how the INGO crowd shakes out.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    We have dogs and cats in the house. If they all disappeared tomorrow, it would be a relief. Although, other members of the household seem to be quite attached.

The older I get, and thus the more I have to take care of them, the less I like pets.

If I had to pick, I'd pick dogs. They have more personality, and you can train them to **** in the nieghbor's yard.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Never had cats till I moved to the farm (not state :D) and use cats to patrol, the barns and immediate area for rodents, vermin and such. They'll bring me the occasional snake, shrew, gray squirrel or whatever else catches their fancy :yesway:

picture.php

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    We have dogs and cats in the house. If they all disappeared tomorrow, it would be a relief. Although, other members of the household seem to be quite attached.

The older I get, and thus the more I have to take care of them, the less I like pets.

If I had to pick, I'd pick dogs. They have more personality, and you can train them to **** in the nieghbor's yard.

I know what you mean. Our cat disappeared a few years ago after we'd had her for eight years. It was nice not having to worry about cleaning the litterbox and constantly spraying the area around it with Febreeze. They are cool in a way, but they are a hassle in the house.

Keeping up with the dog hair is a chore too, but the dog has a job.

Foxtrum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    I tend to be more of a cat person. Just have been for all my life. Dogs are still great! I wouldn't mind both.

Bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    We have two cats.

And I, personally, have no desire for a dog.

Litter box maintenance takes 2 minutes every morning. They eat much less, so feed costs are way down. They also keep themselves quite clean. Don't smell. Don't drool. Don't have to worry about "accidents" in the house. Don't have to clean crap out of the yard. Don't have to worry about them escaping the yard and needing chased down.

Plus we can go out of town for an entire weekend and not have to take them with us, board them, or pay someone to come by and care for them 2x a day (or more).

Cats are just so much easier... And I'm OK with that.

Plus, our cats are genetic freaks of nature. Both are polydactyl w/ at least 1 extra digit on each paw. I refer to them as our "Inbred Wonder Kitties".

-J-

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I'm a cat dude. Dogs are great, as long as I dont have to walk them. I have 3 cats, 2 of them play fetch better than any dog I've seen and the other is to fat and lazy to be bothered.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Have had a few dogs and a lot of cats. Some excellent pets, some rather indifferent.
    My old Himalayan is close to 15 now, sleeps with me, has been great.
    The other two cats love me too (but that honk's off "the Queen").
    Yup, she's my gal, been around a while. My favorite. I'd shoot her last.

Last edited:

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    I always like to end the dog v cat debate this way: Let's say you own a 200 lb dog. That dog will be your best friend for his entire life. If you were to have a 200 lb cat, you would most likely end up lunch as soon as the cat got bored or hungry.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Dog person here for sure.

Although, I don't mind cats......

The only real problem I really have with cats is how to get the fillets declawed properly.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Dogs for me all the way. With indoor cats you need a litter box. NO THANKS. I have no desire to clean poop and urine out of a litter box at all.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Cats. Pound for pound the deadliest predator on the planet. One of only two mammals to kill purely for sport.

Top Bottom