• ...and so much more!
  • Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    My pit loves her NYLABONE!

Its the only toy that weve gotten her that will last more than a week or so....the bigger you get them...the longer they last.

The biggest one we could find was about $18 and has lasted 6 months and still going strong.

God bless
    -Shred

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    My baby and my best and first line of home defense!...no intruder would leave without first being licked to death...unless they rubbed her belly or scratched her butt....then its all over...they might as well move in with us.

Pictured is the 6 month old nylabone too...$18 well spent.

picture.php

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Yeah....the Kong toys were good for a minute. Then he turned 1. Ever since about that time...toys have been impossible to keep.

Jolly balls lasted a while, because he never wanted to play with them.

My grandparents have a toy for their boxer, that my pit will most likely inherit in the next couple months...its a hard plastic ball about the size of a bowling ball....their boxer loved it until she got too old to play with it much. It has caused many bruised shins, and dents in the doors on the garage. That thing is HARD.

He destroys those 15-30 dollar toys like they are nothing...I am really excited to get this goughnut in and see if he does better with it.

Chopper has one of those hard balls, too. He would bat it and bump it all over the yard with his snout, against doors, siding, fencing. He was able to get enough teeth on it to rough it up, and then he started getting lots of cuts and scrapes on his muzzle. We had to put it away, which i really hated, he was having lots of fun. :(
    He does have a springpole, he loves that thing, too.

Icemancometh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    SUNNY SIDE OF THE RIVER
    Got mine a Kong. He finally gave up on trying to destroy it. It hit it with my pushmower one day and seriously bent my mower blade. Didn't hurt the Kong though. I also got him a large black synthetic chew toy that was "Jeep" brand. He couldn't destroy it either.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    Chopper has one of those hard balls, too. He would bat it and bump it all over the yard with his snout, against doors, siding, fencing. He was able to get enough teeth on it to rough it up, and then he started getting lots of cuts and scrapes on his muzzle. We had to put it away, which i really hated, he was having lots of fun. :(
    He does have a springpole, he loves that thing, too.

I wish I could have a spring, but I dont have anywhere good to put one...

I was also told by my dog trainer that spring poles were illegal. :dunno:
    Sounds crazy to me....but you never know.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I wish I could have a spring, but I dont have anywhere good to put one...

I was also told by my dog trainer that spring poles were illegal. :dunno:
    Sounds crazy to me....but you never know.

Do you have a tree? I tied a small tire to a low hanging tree branch and my pit mix would play with that for at least 15 minutes at a time before he got bored with it.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    Do you have a tree? I tied a small tire to a low hanging tree branch and my pit mix would play with that for at least 15 minutes at a time before he got bored with it.

the only tree I could really do that, is in my front yard....and im not sure it could support 80 pounds.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Kong bones and dental chews are good (we use the black variety) but Taz can eat them. Nylabone and/or antlers are they only shew I know that hold up (could of months to a year) to REALLY aggressive chewers. If your dog won't take the nylabone try soaking it in hot (not boiling) beef or chicken broth. Then freeze it over night. Puts a better taste to the bone.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    the only tree I could really do that, is in my front yard....and im not sure it could support 80 pounds.

I don't know if it's still avialable or not, but if you search photobucket for my username, you'll find a vid of my dog wrestling with that tree. :)

Top Bottom