• ...and so much more!
  • nickman54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    FYI

9h2b2u.jpg
    Any of you boys want to mess with me i'm sending my boy after you. 10lbs of unruly hate mongering Nazi daschund.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Any INGOers work in news gathering videography? What are your employers' rules on being armed while recording footage? Would you feel safe using one hand to draw and fire while the other kept the camera rolling, or would the camera go flying so you could use both hands to fire?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree. What part of "go away" does she not understand.

1st...reporter was on public side walk.

2nd...reporter has every right to stand on public side walk

3rd...reporter was delivering some good news as in the BG was caught.

4th...yes, reporter was told to leave but again, standing on public side walk and not on private property. Dog sicking nut job had absolutely no right to take that outside her yard. If in fact she did that to any of us (my family) the dogs would not answer her calls to return.

Last edited:

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    So my question is not about the dogs, but the piece of **** owner, I say the moment the owner came out with a ball bat, then all bets are off, and a few well placed shots to put the owner down would be legally justified. Anyone have any insight?

Gunner

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    but those dogs didn't seem to viscious, and they looked kinda small. Is that the normal size for that breed? Both of those dogs looked like they wanted to play more than kill to me. Ive been chased by a badass mutt that probably weighed 90lbs, he got ahold of my foot and it hurt even through my shoe. I ended up kicking that son of a *****(no Pun intended) square in the snout and he changed his attitude right away. He is my neighbors dog, hence I did not want to kill until it couldn't be any other way. He is very nice to me now.

Pits aren't that big of a breed. They're heads are huge which often makes them seem bigger than they are, but their average breed size is in the 50lb range, give or take.

I'm not really sure how you see that as play behavior. They chased, attacked, bit, and scratched. My dog bites when he's attacking and doesn't when he's playing. :dunno:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    So my question is not about the dogs, but the piece of **** owner, I say the moment the owner came out with a ball bat, then all bets are off, and a few well placed shots to put the owner down would be legally justified. Anyone have any insight?

Gunner
    I heard a story recently about a dog owner being charged for using his animal as a weapon. California, I think (of course). So, if someone uses a weapon to attack you......

But, yeah, dead dog(s).

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I heard a story recently about a dog owner being charged for using his animal as a weapon. California, I think (of course). So, if someone uses a weapon to attack you......

But, yeah, dead dog(s).

This is where my thoughts lie aswell. Most people agree, the gun does not kill people, people kill people. The gun is the tool. So in this type of situation the dog is the tool. The person by sicking their dog on me, is in effect putting my life in danger. If this person was shooting at me, I would not aim at their gun. In this situation would you shoot the owner first or the dog?
    Owner is down. Dog may continue the attack.

Dog is down. The owner is now "unarmed" do they still pose a threat? Does it matter at all that the weapon is a living breathing creature. Let me know what you guys think.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    One thing that is different about pit bulls is that many times you will not get the normal threat behaviors shown by other breeds. I've seen two pit bulls fighting before and there was no barking or growling at all. All you could hear was their breathing as they tried to kill each other before they were pulled apart. It was kinda spooky, really.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Pits aren't that big of a breed. They're heads are huge which often makes them seem bigger than they are, but their average breed size is in the 50lb range, give or take.

I'm not really sure how you see that as play behavior. They chased, attacked, bit, and scratched. My dog bites when he's attacking and doesn't when he's playing. :dunno:
    Those were young dogs. They galloped out after the reporter, not took off at a dead run, I didn't hear them growl or bark in a threatening way.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    I saw this on the news last night. She was being bitten and chased. I am wondering why the freaking camera man did not a damn thing to help her.
    Myself....dog is dead camera or not.

cameramans creedo...keep recording and dont help the animals

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I always carry a gun when out walking especially when I'm walking my dog. I've always felt like an easy target for an aggressive dog when walking and usually carry a .22 or .25 pocket pistol just for this reason. If I'm attacked by a vicious dog I'll put it down.

J Starkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Kokomo
    I always carry when I'm out walking. The other night I was almost attacked by a loose dog. The dog charged me from out of nowhere so I pulled my glock 19 with a utac 200 lumens light on it aimed started yelling get back and the thing kept coming. I turned my strobe setting on and it stopped dead in its tracks. Luckily I didn't have to pull the trigger. Now I always bring my light on evening walks.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    1st...reporter was on public side walk.

2nd...reporter has every right to stand on public side walk

3rd...reporter was delivering some good news as in the BG was caught.

4th...yes, reporter was told to leave but again, standing on public side walk and not on private property. Dog sicking nut job had absolutely no right to take that outside her yard. If in fact she did that to any of us (my family) the dogs would not answer her calls to return.

And all the lady had to do was go in the house or backyard so the reporter could no longer bother her.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And all the lady had to do was go in the house or backyard so the reporter could no longer bother her.

Exactly. Dog owner was out to whip some butt for what ever reason.
    I still do not understand the camera mans lack of protection. That is unless lady reporter was not a nice person and he felt this justified at some level.....you just never know.
    What kind of issues would a white news crew run into if they put the rather large and very angry lady of color on the ground a-la Trevon Martin. I am not trying to start any racial madness here but the card exists. My daughter's fiance brought this up to me today. He is a young man of color and states with the race card in full play many are not willing to cross that line especially against a black female. Way to much of a crap generator. JMHO

Top Bottom