• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Couple days ago at the Lebanon Park, a 71 year old man was walking his little dog. I THINK it was a type of Terrier, it was pretty small.

Up ahead, he sees 2 Boxers running towards him, barking and growling. He quickly picks his little friend up, but not quick enough. One of the Boxers grabs the little dog from his hands, and mangles him to death. The other Boxer, attacks the old man. Someone must have called the police, because they shoot and kill the Boxer attacking him. The other Boxer is now currently locked up at the VET's, awaiting his fate. The dogs had gotten loose, while being watched by a friend.

The old man is ok.

I can't help but think what I would do if I was in that situation. Or what I would want to do.
    Makes the hair stand up thinking what if it was the old mans grandson...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Couple days ago at the Lebanon Park, a 71 year old man was walking his little dog. I THINK it was a type of Terrier, it was pretty small.

Up ahead, he sees 2 Boxers running towards him, barking and growling. He quickly picks his little friend up, but not quick enough. One of the Boxers grabs the little dog from his hands, and mangles him to death. The other Boxer, attacks the old man. Someone must have called the police, because they shoot and kill the Boxer attacking him. The other Boxer is now currently locked up at the VET's, awaiting his fate. The dogs had gotten loose, while being watched by a friend.

The old man is ok.

I can't help but think what I would do if I was in that situation. Or what I would want to do.
    Makes the hair stand up thinking what if it was the old mans grandson...
    You shoot both Boxers, and send the owner a Bill for a the expenses incurred....

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This a large part of why I ALWAYS carry a pistol with me when I walk/jog.

There's a greater chance of a dog attack than robbery to me.

I see too many people walk dogs on those 50 foot string "leashes" that have no control over them, and have given the dominant position to their dog.

Then they walk down the sidewalk thinking everybody is supposed to get out of THEIR way, and they make ZERO effort ot have their dog under control.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    First off, this is why I carry when I run/walk with my family/bike/etc. Second, this is why I use a retracting leash for our dogs. I bring them in to my ankles when we are close to another person utilizing the sidewalks. The sidewalks and soforth are there for everyone, not just me and my dog.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    This a large part of why I ALWAYS carry a pistol with me when I walk/jog.

There's a greater chance of a dog attack than robbery to me.

I see too many people walk dogs on those 50 foot string "leashes" that have no control over them, and have given the dominant position to their dog.

Then they walk down the sidewalk thinking everybody is supposed to get out of THEIR way, and they make ZERO effort ot have their dog under control.

I walk my GSDs on a 6' Leather Leash. They are trained to be at my left side unless commanded to be elsewhere. I love walking them around the idiots with those retracting string leashes that think they own the World. I command my dogs to speak to them when their dogs start acting up...

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I walk my GSDs on a 6' Leather Leash. They are trained to be at my left side unless commanded to be elsewhere. I love walking them around the idiots with those retracting string leashes that think they own the World. I command my dogs to speak to them when their dogs start acting up...

We use them for our dogs as one is a lap dog (Shih-Tzu/Poodle mix (23 pounds), and my lab is around 15 pounds. When the lab gets bigger she will go to a heavier-more appropriate leash. So its not the we are "idiots" but more of allowing our dogs a little room, but we still control them.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    We use them for our dogs as one is a lap dog (Shih-Tzu/Poodle mix (23 pounds), and my lab is around 15 pounds. When the lab gets bigger she will go to a heavier-more appropriate leash. So its not the we are "idiots" but more of allowing our dogs a little room, but we still control them.

My comment was not directed at you...
    Sorry about that.

However, if I feel my Dogs need more room, I take the leads off of them and tell them Frei Dog. Which is there command to "roam/play" but pay attention to us as I may need them.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My comment was not directed at you...
    Sorry about that.

However, if I feel my Dogs need more room, I take the leads off of them and tell them Frei Dog. Which is there command to "roam/play" but pay attention to us as I may need them.

How much do you charge to train dogs?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    First off, this is why I carry when I run/walk with my family/bike/etc. Second, this is why I use a retracting leash for our dogs. I bring them in to my ankles when we are close to another person utilizing the sidewalks. The sidewalks and soforth are there for everyone, not just me and my dog.

We do the same. We can walk all 3 of our dogs and if someone/thing comes close they all heel very well and mind us.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    It was a yorkie that was killed, and the 71 year old man was injured by the 2 boxers. Apparently the boxers were let outside and instead of listening to commands of the owner (or the guy housesitting I can't remember), they saw the yorkie and charged, then attacked the owner when he tried to defend his yorkie. A Yorkie is 5-10 lbs tops, certainly no match for a large rat, let alone 2 boxers.

Glock

Marksman
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    When I walk my dogs they are right by my side on a tight leash. Their still young so they try to pull away but a good harness helps prevent them from choking to death. If attacked by an aggressive dog you really wouldn't have a choice but to use a firearm.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    When I walk my dogs they are right by my side on a tight leash. Their still young so they try to pull away but a good harness helps prevent them from choking to death. If attacked by an aggressive dog you really wouldn't have a choice but to use a firearm.

We use pinch collars. They work fantastic and they don't pull.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    pinch collars with leather leash, those retractable leashes are DANGEROUS, Ive had the button break on one allowing my 95lb pitty to take off. thank goodness she was trained and listened to my commands, if not it could have been bad. only takes once

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    What a coincidence! I just told someone in another thread to control his animals before they harm someone.

Top Bottom