• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eskion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Hammond
    I keep telling my wife that I'm getting a new handgun and she can have my G19 as she shoots it very well, but she won't get her permit and says she wouldn't carry it anyway. Need to find a way to convince her otherwise.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Tip of the year!

Here's the best tip I can give you for getting a new gun for your wife or girlfriend if she is a shooter. My wife loves shooting and carries either a Glock 27 or a LCP just about all the time. At least half the prairie doggin' rifles, and all the "pretty" 10/22s we have are "hers". Getting a new gun is as easy as convincing her she needs the gun in question. The real upside of this is she'll often-as-not pay for it. She can call 'em her guns if she wants but I get to shoot 'em as much as, or more than, she does. She knows she can carry or shoot any of "my" guns any time she chooses but she prefers "hers". Don't get hung up in it! It's just a word game, boys, just a word game! ;)

usaf64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    I bought her a Ruger LCR in .22 caliber. She's awaiting her license (It's been almost 2 weeks now.)

Once she gets her license, we'll be making a trip to Bradis for her to make a selection more conducive to self-defense. She likes the Bersa Thunder. I let her look at my LCP, but she had trouble racking it. She felt slide was too small to get a good hold on. She didn't have that trouble with the Bersa.

Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    My wife has a p238 that she loves because of the rainbow titanium finish. She also has a Mossberg 500 that she requisitioned from me and regularly uses my son's 10/22 that I gave him this year. My wife has only one stipulation when I get a new gun and that is she gets one too. Not too bad a deal!

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    My future Mrs. R. Is a kentucky resident, and she's waiting until she becomes a hoosier to get the LTCH. She was just talking the other day about how she is thinking a lot more about carrying after another stronger was being an idiot on the triads. Her concern was, "what if that person had gotten out and become aggressive?" She shoots most of my guns pretty well, but she really likes my beretta minx. Now that I have it fixed, though, she might take a shine to my cz-70, if I let her have it...

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    My wife has shot rifles and shotguns before, but until just recently, had never fired a handgun.

We went to a range in Cincinnati and rented a 9mm M&P Shield. She was completely startled at first, but after a few mags wasn't scared anymore and REALLY enjoyed it. We now have a new hobby to share together. She was spraying it pretty badly though...

She's just over 5' tall with small hands, and recently when she came to the range with me and fired my new .40 PPQ, even with the small grip backstrap, didn't have much fun due to the recoil and weight/size of the weapon.

So we went shopping, and picked her up a P22. She's yet to fire it, but is thrilled the slide is so much easier to manipulate, it fits her hands, and she's excited to learn and get better. She now wants to take some training and get her LTCH.

This is a good thing. She's definitely a pretty stereotypical feminine 'girly-girl', who I've got to convince to be a little bit more aware of dangerous surroundings, and realize what an easy, potential victim she appears to be at times...

...especially with the attention she gets everywhere she goes....

P22girls.jpg

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    I talked my wife into getting her LTCH and bought her a glock. Well, she had me sell her glock as she was never really into it. Now she thinks she'll just shoot my guns. How do i remedy this? Buy her a shiny gun?

dvdmax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Planet Earth
    Sell your car, telling her you were never really into it, and drive hers?? :P

You guys should watch a few episodes of American Guns together. Perhaps that will give her some ideas?

Supersport

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Lafayette
    My girlfriend just recently got into the "gun world" she has her carry pemit and her own gun. I must admit it was more difficult finding the right gun than convincing her to carry. Just my 2cents

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Yep, my wife got her Life LTCH last year when she was 69. Year or so ago I picked up a few Russian Mosin Nagant rifles. She decided she wanted one cause it was made in her birth year. (She hasn't shot it, I probably will discourage her from ever shooting it cause they kick like heXX). She also wanted a model 1935 Beretta because her dad had brought one back from Italy in WW2 and its gone. So I found one, she also has a 38 Special Derringer.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Ha! I read the thread title to OkieGirl and her reply was "Yes! What is yours is mine, and what's mine is mine...".

Before the tragic canoe accident she had rifles and pistols, but alas, they were lost...

I.A.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Logansport, IN
    When my wife and I first met, she wouldn't even touch a gun. At this point (5 years later), I've gotten her to shoot everything from a .22 rifle to a 30.06 (reduced recoil loads). She has "her own" Taurus TCP (.380) and a Stevens semi-auto (.22). She has her LTCH but she isn't quite comfortable enough yet to use it.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I bought my wife a S&W 636 for her birthday. My mother made a somewhat estute observation that the next time I want to buy myself a gun, that I should not buy it for my wife's birthday. :D

In all fairness, my wife practices with her gun, she knows how to shoot it, and if Mr BG breaks in when I am not there, I know my wife will do what she has to do.

Hajisc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   1
    Oct 11, 2012
    Westville,In.
    My wife has a ruger security six ,a 9mm firestar,a walther .380 ppks and her favorite that she carries all the time is a S&W .38 airweight w/laser in handle.Never leaves home without it.

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Does your wife has her own gun?

I can get my wife to join me at the range with no problem. But she has no desire to carry. And has said in the past she has no interest in owning her own gun. She's fine with using my Glock 19 or Glock 26 for home defense. And she can shoot each one very well.

It just got me curious about everyone else.
    Yes, she does. She has a S & W Bodyguard, goes to the range with me, and does pretty well. She likes to carry.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    wifes always loved her 9422 and 1022, now she is wanting her ltch and get a s/w mp covert in 9mm!! I think it's great

Top Bottom