• ...and so much more!
  • dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    My wife didn't want an engagement ring, she wanted my S&W 642!:D

After we were married for two years, we upgraded her to a new S&W Bodyguard .38.

She shoots sporting clays with me with a 12ga. O/U and has a 20ga. O/U for upland game.

And, she deer hunts with her own .50 cal. muzzle loader.

But best of all, today she gave her 20ga. youth model pump gun to my nephew's nine year old son. He bagged his first deer last year, and wants to hunt dove, squirrel and rabbit now. We let him shoot that gun Friday on some hand thrown clays with good results.

My wife took the gun out for the first time in two years for the dove opener yesterday and decided she wants to stick with one action type and give the boy the gun. I don't think there was a happier kid in Miami county today!

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    As stated before I guess half of mine are hers.

She did personally pick out her LCP to carry. I was pushing a Sig P238 but she liked the feel of the LCP better. She also has adopted my old carry Taurus PT145. She really likes the Taurus just a little harder for her to conceal carry, good for the winter when she wears a jacket.

Also she is planning her first AR build so we will see how that turns out.

spyder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Does your wife has her own gun?

I can get my wife to join me at the range with no problem. But she has no desire to carry. And has said in the past she has no interest in owning her own gun. She's fine with using my Glock 19 or Glock 26 for home defense. And she can shoot each one very well.

It just got me curious about everyone else.
    Yep. She had a couple G30's that I customized for her. After a few FTE's, she wanted something else, so she bought herself a USP 45C.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Yes! Mine is on her second pistol. She originally carried a PK380 but never got comfortable with racking and such. (Yes I know its an easy to rack pistol).

We sold it and got her a Charter Arms .38 that she loves. However she can't stand the holster we bought so she never carries it! Uggh, at least she owns one.

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    Mrs. JR50 has a Taurus 709 and it's the perfect handgun for her. She's quite good with it. The again, she's always been a safe, good shot going back 30 years to plinking with a Bersa 622 .22LR. Yup, after 30 years I still have 'em both. Lucky me!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Ms. Ortega has her own Smith 642 w/ Crimson Trace laser grips. Funny, she hasn't shot it since I accidently put some +P rounds in. Correlation?

Talking to a good buddy today. After his wife shot her Smith 642 for the first time the results were less then stellar. Light revolver, small grips, go figure. He just swapped the .38 off for a nice 617 .22 LR j frame. Yeah its a .22 but his wife is much happier.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Talking to a good buddy today. After his wife shot her Smith 642 for the first time the results were less then stellar. Light revolver, small grips, go figure. He just swapped the .38 off for a nice 617 .22 LR j frame. Yeah its a .22 but his wife is much happier.
    The first time I took Ortegina to the range to shoot the 642 she fired off a few rounds. The 50 yd backstop has to be 20' high. She fired a couple times and asked where the bullets went. I said at least one didn't hit the stop and was probably 1/2 mile away in a tree (hopefully!!) From then on I stood directly behind her with my arms around but not touching her, making sure I could see where she was aiming before she touched any more off.

Top Bottom