• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    I think it all comes down to how one handles themselves. To me looks dont mean anything. Many people have said they didn't like my looks until they talked with me and saw i was knowledgable of what i needed(somewhat ha) and if someone chooses not to do business with me based on looks alone that is their choice, it doesn't really bother me because it was my choice to look how i do. But i put forth a conscious effort to learn what i need/want and think you bring it upon yourself to get taken if you don't.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Looks can be deceiving, but actions speaks volumes.

See plenty of guys out and about with the look, but after seeing them talk realize it's just the dress to impress part they are filling. Throw in some other factors and it can quickly turn into a have to keep my eye open that way thing.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Hi

Count me in the, "A Rebel Without a Clue," camp.

So what if he doesn't know anything about his firearm. He doesn't know how to pull his pants up, either, right?

Beside, if everyone who did this kind of nonsense were a criminal, the crime rate would be lots higher.

It's called a "Stupid Tax". The smarter HE THINKS HE IS THE MORE HE'S GONNA PAY.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Yeah, I'd have trouble selling ammo to a guy based on a magazine, with him not knowing what kind of gun or even the caliber he needed. The magazine probably was for a gun that he didn't own.

Sometimes you see people with those blueface things in their ears, talking like they're on a cell phone. They don't have a cell phone. They wear them for the image.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this magazine thing was the same way. They don't have a gun, but they sure have a full magazine of ammo for it.

jimbojr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    SE MI
    What scares the bejesus out of me is that that guy has a loded weapon walking around and doesn't even know anything aobut it besides point and shoot. Might naw is a dangerous person to be around.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    ...."Yep I make so much money off people who have bought guns loaded off the street and are to stupid to realize magazines are reloadable."

I wonder how many clueless ‘gun owners’ fire their gun till it’s empty and throw it down and walk away. After all, that’s how they do it in the movies. :dunno:

Bang, bang, bang, CLICK. Chuck it and run.

Bucky

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    What scares the bejesus out of me is that that guy has a loded weapon walking around and doesn't even know anything aobut it besides point and shoot. Might naw is a dangerous person to be around.
    It happens every day at the range. I spend a good part of my day helping people solve problems. Most everyone seems very gratefull. These people are new to firearms and eager to learn and I am always willing to help them. Problems like how to pry spent casings from a revolver, scopes mounted backwards to trying to force .357 SIG into a .357 MAG Blackhawk. I try not to embarass them but get them going in the right direction.

jimbojr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    SE MI
    It happens every day at the range. I spend a good part of my day helping people solve problems. Most everyone seems very gratefull. These people are new to firearms and eager to learn and I am always willing to help them. Problems like how to pry spent casings from a revolver, scopes mounted backwards to trying to force .357 SIG into a .357 MAG Blackhawk. I try not to embarass them but get them going in the right direction.

Buzz Buddy Hope you wear body armor.
    I agree that people who wish to own a firearm should. But They should learn the fundimentals prior to going to a range with ammo where inosent bystanders next to them could get hurt.
    Maybe offer a class at your range for a couple $. Just a thought.
    Man I remember as a kid and the old man instucted us kids for ever before we handle the gun. Good teacher though ex-Marine. Well don't know if their is ever a ex-Marine lets just say Retired Korean war vet.

God bless all who serve.
    And thanks Buzz for I'm sure you saved someone but just don't know it.

Al B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    EM78 South IN
    and it is not just the ducks you have to watch out for...:D

picture.php

Sorry folks, more bad news...... :runaway:
    samuraicoon-1.jpg

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Looks can be very deceiving. My self included. I have both arms covered in tattoo's and many others, a shaved head, dress as a biker. People would never suspect that I was formerly affiliated with one of the largest LEA from NY. Now I am an Executive Bodyguard. You cant judge a book by its cover.

yj-guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    brazil
    :xmad: things like this make me mad. people should know everything about their guns and the guns they will be handling. not necessarily know the proper names, just enough to not hurt anyone. the local shooting range here teaches the basics of gun knowledge. i used to be oblivious at one point but with the help of my grandfather i am knowledgeable enough around guns. that makes people safe when the person using the gun knows what they are doing. if anyone disagrees please leave a post. guns are a right and the more misuse of them the more the left side tries to take them from us.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    ... i am knowledgeable enough around guns. ...

That or some version of that is exactly what they would all say if you bother to ask them. It's the same thing "they all say" right here on this board. Don't matter if they posted up their negligent discharge story ten minutes ago or didn't know how or even if they needed to adjust the sights on their own gun you'll hear it, "i am knowledgeable enough around guns."

yj-guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    brazil
    i agree with you Jack Ryan, i have heard several people say the same thing. a buddy of mine had said it. little did i know he didnt know much at all. always pointing the gun in the direction of people even though it was not on purpose. didnt know where the safety was and had no idea how to load a 9mm. bite the bullet if you will and ask someone to tell you about the gun.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    i agree with you Jack Ryan, i have heard several people say the same thing. a buddy of mine had said it. little did i know he didnt know much at all. always pointing the gun in the direction of people even though it was not on purpose. didnt know where the safety was and had no idea how to load a 9mm. bite the bullet if you will and ask someone to tell you about the gun.
    Yep...Im guessing most gun owners in the US have this sort of mentality. Just buy a gun for home defense, buy a box of whatever the cheapest FMJ ammo is and throw it in the night stand. Many of the people on this forum and others like it are probably in the minority, as far as having a great interest in firearms and wanting to know everything about the ones we own.
    I just try to educate everyone I know who own guns, or are thinking about getting a gun, and dont have a great interest in them about the importance of being as efficient and knowledgeable as possible about their guns. I never talk about something I don't know, only things Ive experienced or researched. I feel it is in our best interest to try and inform the less informed gun owners as much as possible to strengthen our community. just my :twocents:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Yep...Im guessing most gun owners in the US have this sort of mentality. Just buy a gun for home defense, buy a box of whatever the cheapest FMJ ammo is and throw it in the night stand. Many of the people on this forum and others like it are probably in the minority, as far as having a great interest in firearms and wanting to know everything about the ones we own.
    I just try to educate everyone I know who own guns, or are thinking about getting a gun, and dont have a great interest in them about the importance of being as efficient and knowledgeable as possible about their guns. I never talk about something I don't know, only things Ive experienced or researched. I feel it is in our best interest to try and inform the less informed gun owners as much as possible to strengthen our community. just my :twocents:

+1

Working at a shooting range has really opened my eyes lately, particularly with the panic buying that occurred. LOTS of folks that have never shot a gun in their life have been coming out and wanting to shoot. They use the lingo, they don't look like the traditional gun owner and they have a different stroke of life. While someone talks "urban", they are not necessarily evil and this image is compounded in our urban-uneducated minds with their lack of firearms knowledge. They are entitled to shoot and own firearms for defense like anyone else.

As this by Oleg Volk states and illustrates:
    http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/d/28744-1/futureguns7865_sm.jpg
    (Stupid wireless wasn't letting me put a pic up, click on link, good stuff)

antdog/zook

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I like to stop in at the local gun shop fairly often to browse and talk to the owner/other customers. This is the first time that I had ever witnessed anything like this...

A young guy (maybe 25 - pants sagging down) walks in and tells the owner that he needs a 'clip'.
    The owner asks, "For what type of gun?"
    The guy responds, "I don't know."
    The owner, "Well, let me see it."
    The guy, "I don't have it with me." Then proceeds to pull a magazine from his pocket and hand it to him.
    The owner, "You have a Taurus PT145", digs around a bit and hands him a magazine.
    The guy, "I need some bullets."
    The owner, "What type?"
    The guy, "I don't know."
    The owner, "For target shooting?"
    The guy, "Naw."
    The owner sets down a box of hollow points and out the door he goes.

I asked the owner if that happened very often and he said, "All the time, and they never seem to have the gun."

That entire scene has been bugging me - Anyone else?

yes it bothers me! seems he cant talk correctly? must not know how to spell or read? he was asked some simple questions about his firearm, and did NOT know any of the answers. i dont care what color he is, or if he was wearing a business suit or tanktop and jeanshorts....he is an idiot! should not own a gun! i understand it is his right to own 1, but obviosly no ltch as he would have had to read and write answers on permit form?
    "profiling" or not, still an idiot! or possibly buying ammo for friends that were less smart than him.....maybe they couldnt even talk? who knows?

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    when i walked into lawguns there was a guy in there that didnt know what he was talking about and said he needed an ar upper and already had the lower and said he needed the upper to and i quote "i need the upper to shoot someon-thing" and i looked at the guy behind the counter like WTF DID HE JUST SAY!!!!. then i bought my magpul mbus sights and got the hell out of there.

Top Bottom