• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    You can't have it both ways. In my heart I think each individual should have to take a basic firearms safety course before they can get a carry permit. However I could not support such a law because I don't want to see any more obstacles put in the way of gun ownership. It's to bad each person can't take the bull by the horns and take the time to become a responsible gun owner without it being mandated by the state.

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    I remember the first/last time I went to Dons on 38th. I was just in awe the things people who were holding the firearms would say to there buddies and how much they were willing to pay for a Llama.

sandman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    in denial
    I witnessed a similar character ask to buy a carry permit for his "piece" at a local shop. When he was told that he'd have to purchase one from the sheriffs dept. he decided he no longer needed one. He then pointed at a pistol in the case and told his buddy that it was the same one he was carrying.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Here is why it doesn't bother me: I don't want any more laws.

If you want more restrictions, laws, provisions, and hoops to jump through, then you are feeding the same beast that the Brady Campaign, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, Barack Obama, Bill & Hillary Clinton, Richard Daley, Michael Bloomberg, and any other anti-gun person/organization out there. You are an advocate of gun control, knowingly or unknowingly.

But you like guns and support the 2nd Amendment? You are reacting out of fear of the unknown. You are reacting based on emotions. Understand that dummies have rights too, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Understand that constitution says the words "shall not be infringed."

Realize that our grandparents had more freedoms than their children. Our parents had more freedoms than we now do. And right now we have more freedoms than our children probably will. Each generation gets complacent with their rights/freedoms and takes them for granted. Instead of honoring and preserving those freedoms, we look for the next "scary" thing that takes place and encourage further laws to be made. We propagate "gun control" with good intentions in mind. But the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Hey Rambone, just because we don't think that the guy in the OP passes the sniff test doesn't mean that we want any more laws, or even that we agree with current infringements on our RTKBA.

BUCK HINKLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    greenfield
    I worked at a indlps gun shop for two years ansd it did'nt take long for me to see it all. Guys would come in with three buddys they all would pick out a gun and all four would go on one carry permit, they would load the guns with their shirt sleeve and out the door they went..OH yeah they also payed by dropping a wad of cash on the counter and asking me to take the total out of that... NICE

Top Bottom