Does Scratches And Wear Add Character To Your Firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    I love the wear marks on my guns. To me it adds to the beauty of them, espically on my G19. The wearing on the barrel just makes it look like a gun that is actually used, I'm coming up to 1000 rounds through it, I can't wait to see what it looks like after another 1000.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I don't care for scratches or blemishes on my vehicle, and I certainly don't like them on my firearms.

Crimson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    Columbus, Indiana
    I love the wear and tear on my older guns. Not so much on my newer guns. The old guns it adds a sense of nostalgia and you wonder what they have seen and been through. On a new gun, it seems like neglect.

IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    Wear marks definately give them character. They are a tool, and with use, should show normal wear.

Keeping a firearm from sustaining needless damage from being dropped and such is good practice. But there's some wear that is unavoidable.

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    I like the wear and tear on my guns when it was I that put it there. I have a hard time buying a weapon that's been beat up by someone else. Suppose it would be like a worn pair of jeans. Though they don't quite look right when new and stiff, I sure would like to know how the wear gets there and have been the one who did it.

Top Bottom