• ...and so much more!
  • EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    That's what the cops will quote ...

.... when they come to get your guns: "... following directives ..." "...just doing their job ..." Are you nucking futs?? That's what the Geghime Stadts Polizei said !!
    ... don't take it out on the people asking the questions, they are only following directives. Instead of being mean to the people doing their job, have some consideration for their position & be a little understanding. Better idea would be to address that with the office/clinic administration.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    And what happens when .gov finds out from another source that you DO own weapons, and then they charge you with fraud?

right.jpg

Loosen the foil hat bud. Are you truly this paranoid or playing devil's advocate?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    When the government pays your doctor visit and you lie to your doctor, I could see them making it illegal. Essentially it's false reporting or fraud, right? If you intentionally lie and mail it in, is that also mail fraud? (Thanks "The Firm")

I had a guy this week tell me he wasn't at another hospital a few days ago. Since I know h clearly lied, the doctor-patient relationship is harmed due to dishonesty and it's hard to believe anything else that was said. Justified lying is still lying.

Last edited:

Yes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    here is an article Lawyers, Guns and Doctors | The Health Care Blog that I suggest everyone read. Might give you some things to bring up if your doctor asks you about gun ownership. (and I don't agree with that authors idea on background checks so don't get off on a tangent)

I was liking that article until I got to this part:

"Every adult who supervisors school outings in Israel is trained in weapon use and carry semi-automatic guns on field trips. You never hear about these tragedies in that country."

That is such a bad example. Palestinian civilians and non-combatants are being blatantly and flagrantly murdered in their own homes on a regular basis by these "trained gun-owners", all in the name of going after Hamas or Fateh. Meanwhile they are just creating more terrorists by murdering innocent people and forcing them into one of the world's most disgraceful apartheid situations.

As an American and a proud gun-owner, I do not EVER want to be compared to an Israeli for any reason.

*Note: I have no problem with Jewish people. I was born in Brooklyn for Christ's sake. But I have a HUGE problem with anyone who thinks apartheid is going to have a positive outcome.

Sorry for the rant!:dunno:

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    I state that it is not a clinically relevant question because the answer will in no way shape your clinical care.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    Went to my doctor 2 weeks ago and after the visit he told me he was mad as hell about the gun question on the forms. He thought it was a safety issue so they could give some instruction to keep the kids safe. Just a week before that he told me the government now wants a list of the gun owners, something about the mental health issue. :xmad: I didn't give them any info to start with but you have to wonder about those who answered the question yes.

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    I state that it is not a clinically relevant question because the answer will in no way shape your clinical care.

That's what I say (perhaps phrased differently): "How will my answer to that question change the care the doctor will provide for my sprained ankle/sore throat/rash/ulcer...?"

And it's generally the nurse that asks me the question.

Although my family physician is an avid hunter and shooter as well, so it's not uncommon for him to mention guns.... "Hi, Jeff... how's that new .270 Win you bought working out? Oh, did I mention I got a new scope for my 300 Win-Mag? So, anyway, what brings you in today?..."

I did, once, have a bit of fun with a new nurse in his office. She asked me the "Do you have any firearms in the house?" and I gave her an itemized inventory: "Well, let's see.... there's the Glock 9mm, the 270, a 30.06, a pair of 22 rifles, the Taurus 709 Slim also in 9mm, a 12G Over-Under, the pump action shotgun, an old pistol in 38 Special...."

Her eyes kept getting bigger as I went along. :D

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    As someone that has worked in healthcare until recently, don't take it out on the people asking the questions, they are only following directives. At our clinic, that question has been asked for at least the last year, because I've seen it show up on our dictation. They do it under the "safety risk assesment". Same reason as they also ask if the house has smoke detectors. It's a bunch of BS. Trust me, there are tons of things we have to ask, but don't want to, because we know they're stupid. One of the later ones was race & language spoken. Obviously if the person is in front of you, you usually know the race, and if you can understand them, obviously they speak English. Our front desk people always caught the brunt of it by being REQUIRED to ask,even though they didn't want to. Instead of being mean to the people doing their job, have some consideration for their position & be a little understanding. Better idea would be to address that with the office/clinic administration.

Yeah, don't be mad at the concentration camp guard, he's just doing his job. It's the big bad mean people we can never interface with that should get a ration of ****...

I lost my guns in a boating accident; I lost my gun-rights in an election fiasco. Didn't need 'em anyway.

I lost my doctor in a boating accident.

moosebag

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Why the butthurt? Is he/she a good doctor? You could have a GREAT doctor who doesn't like guns and you choose to leave for a pro-gun doctor who ends up being worthless. I was asked about guns in the home 10yrs ago by my son's pediatrician. I said yes and she went over some safety tips and we moved on. No biggie. I didn't feel "violated", "ashamed", or anything like that. If you don't want them to know you have guns...answer "no". There is no pride involved. Pick your battles. Example: Many local LE departments use a company to do hiring and psych evaluations for potential recruits. I bet you didn't know that they ask about owning firearms and it is a red flag if you own any. So any potential recruit would answer "no" about firearms and move on. It has nothing to do with being ashamed of owning guns. It has everything to do with keeping things moving along and not getting hung up on something so trivial.

What if my wife and I have the same doctor? I answer "No" to the question and she answers "Yes"? :dunno:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Last time I went to a new doc she askes if I were married (yes) had kids (five) was sexually active (duh) and whether or not I used protection. Really?

I'm going back to my old doc even if I have to drive an hour.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Last time I went to a new doc she askes if I were married (yes) had kids (five) was sexually active (duh) and whether or not I used protection. Really?

I'm going back to my old doc even if I have to drive an hour.

Dude - Are you that out of touch?

You've been out of the game too long.
    She was just hitting on you, that's all....and you totally blew it! :rolleyes:

So, was she cute?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Went to my doctor 2 weeks ago and after the visit he told me he was mad as hell about the gun question on the forms. He thought it was a safety issue so they could give some instruction to keep the kids safe. Just a week before that he told me the government now wants a list of the gun owners, something about the mental health issue. :xmad: I didn't give them any info to start with but you have to wonder about those who answered the question yes.

If it's a safety issue, what about baseball bats, cars, chemicals, knives, etc.
    And lecture me on safety. Please.
    Why dont I have a kindergardener teach me about sex.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    My Doc turned the screen around to show me the questions, required by law. They ask whether you have a dog or a cat. Whether you have gas or electric heat. Whether you've been divorced. When the gun question comes up, he won't ask it and automatically puts no. He showed me the screen which pops up, and it asks where you keep them, how many, and also why you own them.

It's just going to get worse. We are screwed. If you have cadillac insurance, you're still going to get hassled, as if you don't have any. What has happened to this country?

sonofd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Valparaiso Indiana
    As someone that has worked in healthcare until recently, don't take it out on the people asking the questions, they are only following directives. At our clinic, that question has been asked for at least the last year, because I've seen it show up on our dictation. They do it under the "safety risk assesment". Same reason as they also ask if the house has smoke detectors. It's a bunch of BS. Trust me, there are tons of things we have to ask, but don't want to, because we know they're stupid. One of the later ones was race & language spoken. Obviously if the person is in front of you, you usually know the race, and if you can understand them, obviously they speak English. Our front desk people always caught the brunt of it by being REQUIRED to ask,even though they didn't want to. Instead of being mean to the people doing their job, have some consideration for their position & be a little understanding. Better idea would be to address that with the office/clinic administration.

I think this is a cop out. If you are dealing with the public as a profession, you are representing your employer. If you aren't comfortable representing your employer, find a new job.

Top Bottom