• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Our doctors for the kids have asked this for well over 10 years as well. Nothing new. Our kids main doctor told us before that it is managed through the health network they belong in and they have nothing to do with the questions. He also said to ignore as many of them as I wanted to as it made no difference to his office.

Thats all I got on this.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Our doctors for the kids have asked this for well over 10 years as well. Nothing new. Our kids main doctor told us before that it is managed through the health network they belong in and they have nothing to do with the questions. He also said to ignore as many of them as I wanted to as it made no difference to his office.

Thats all I got on this.

If the Questions meant Nothing then they would Not ask. Under Obama Care (Affordable Care Act) all patient medical records are computerized and indexed to a data base that is search-able by many agencies and individuals. :rolleyes:

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    I took our son for a check before and they asked the same question, to which I replied hell yeah.

They didn't ask anything about the one I was carrying, it wasn't at home.

They have since been lost in a fishing accident though.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    If the Questions meant Nothing then they would Not ask. Under Obama Care (Affordable Care Act) all patient medical records are computerized and indexed to a data base that is search-able by many agencies and individuals. :rolleyes:

Cool story bro. Let me know how your Pediatrics law degree works out for you since HIPAA isn't good enough to sue your gun rights back.

Tinfoilery aside they have easier ways to grab your gun info...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    You only have 1?!?!? Now THAT is worrisome....:dunno:

It was 4 years ago and had sold "pawned" all but my EDC to a good friend of mine. I had just lost a job of ten years and had a my first child. My buddy held on to them and I eventually bought them back, no interest.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    It doesn't matter if anyone cares. It's nobody's business unless the PATIENT makes it so by choice.
    No offense to your profession, but doctors tend to overreach privacy boundaries LOTS of times.

This is true. Though the same could be said of many other types of relationships as well.....to include that between spouses, or clergy, or attorney, etc.

Just because you or I may choose to not make such a choice to discuss such with them, it shouldn't prevent a physician from asking if legitimately done in the best interest of his or her patient.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Cool story bro. Let me know how your Pediatrics law degree works out for you since HIPAA isn't good enough to sue your gun rights back.

Tinfoilery aside they have easier ways to grab your gun info...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Quite a Leap on your part that this was or intended to be about gun grabbing :rolleyes: Please continue to share all information with anyone or anybody that may ask. The sheeple need more willing to add to their compliant complacency

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That's not an accurate statement.

That is the goal though, just not accurate *yet*. Years ago I was at a meeting where a government beaurocrat from the IT industry was talking about digitized healthcare records. He was boasting about how hospitals will get extra $$ to incentivize them to have electronic medical records so that eventually they will be completely interfaced and you can draw records from all hospitals/doctor offices on your patient to coordinate care and "save the system money". Insurance companies have access to medical records. Guess what happens when ObamaCare becomes the only insurance agency?

I asked what would happen if a private practice doctor didn't want to digitize their records due to the enormous cost involved, especially if they had a low volume rural practice. The guy seemed confused as to why someone wouldn't want to go to that effort, then admitted Medicare will start witholding payments to providers and eventually suspend their ability to see Medicare/Medicaid patients, which is an absolute must for having priviliges at most hospitals.

It's my belief that the $$ being given to hospitals to digitize and get EMR is simply a down payment to incentivize systems to spend their own money to digitize their records before the government nationalizes all of it.

Let's say you want to take over a company, but they operate differently than you do. If you had regulatory control over them, you could force them to start doing business the way you want them to, so that when you buy them or take them over it's already setup for you. Same thing here.

Electronic records are allowing doctors to bill WAY more than paper charts because it's easier to chart our findings, hit the pertinent portions of the chart that lead to proper reimbursement, and fix lost records.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I experienced this same line of questioning when the kids were younger. It angered me. I told him we had guns and they were safe. Our conversation got a lot more sidewise on the topic of bike helmets.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    That's not an accurate statement.

[PDF] Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - U.S. House of ...

housedocs.house.gov/energycommerce/ppacacon.pdfShareShared on Google+. View the post.

You +1'd this publicly. Undo
    File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
    by AC ACT - 2010 - Related articles
    Jun 9, 2010 – Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Public Law 111–148) .................... 1 ...... Requirement to report expanded set of data elements under. MMIS to detect ...... maintain records of individual ownership or possession of a firearm or ..... database tools to reflect changes in charges for medical services; ...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Page 39 on the downloaded PDF:

ROTECTION OF SECOND AMENDMENT GUN RIGHTS.—oAs

added by section 10101(e)(2)

‘‘(1) WELLNESS AND PREVENTION PROGRAMS.—A wellness

and health promotion activity implemented under subsection

(a)(1)(D) may not require the disclosure or collection of any information
    relating to—
    ‘‘(A) the presence or storage of a lawfully-possessed
    firearm or ammunition in the residence or on the property
    of an individual; or
    ‘‘(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm
    or ammunition by an individual.
    ‘‘(2) LI

MITATION ON DATA COLLECTION.—None of the authorities

provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection

and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that
    Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the collection
    of any information relating to—
    ‘‘(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or
    ammunition;
    ‘‘(B) the lawful use of a firearm or ammunition; or

‘‘(C) the lawful storage of a firearm or ammunition.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    ..... show the pink; questioning ceases. (Is that a "Yes?") BATFE has approved me, FBI has approved me, State Police has approved me, Sheriff and local LE has approved me -- and an MD. wants MORE justification !? Pound sand, Dr.! EBG

Given your admitted history of mental illness and your posts here on INGO, perhaps it wouldn't be wise for you to comment upon this thread.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Went to the doctor for our newborn checkup. The nurse went through her mess of questions about smoking in the house etc. Then she asked me if I had any firearms in my house.... WTF! Why does it matter. I asked the doctor what that was about to which he immediately replies "Its not like were asking for some government agency or something..." He claims it has to do with infant safety, but Im unsure how.
    Input?

Ahhh, feeding the paranoia one thread at a time. The truth is the doc is involved in a very profitable int'nl baby kidnapping ring and merely needs to find out how much opposition the crew will face.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Then Why are You and evidently some other Doctors asking ? Gun Ownership is Not a Medical Condition in and upon itself. Like I stated before, the examination (inquiry) would end there.

Though he did so eloquently state that he typically doesn't ask, unless he has a legitimate belief that the person may be suicidal.

Assessing such, includes asking both of the means and the plan.

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    Electronic records are allowing doctors to bill WAY more than paper charts because it's easier to chart our findings, hit the pertinent portions of the chart that lead to proper reimbursement, and fix lost records.

Yes, sir, I know... my job is implementation of an EMR system for EMS operations/ambulance services/Fire Departments. We also have a billing component, so I'm familiar with the increases in revenue that such systems can bring.

My point is simply this: The statement of "Under Obama Care (Affordable Care Act) all patient medical records are computerized and indexed to a data base that is search-able by many agencies and individuals" is not accurate.

1. Not ALL patient records are indexed to a database.
    2. "Many agencies and individuals" is quite vague.
    3. Computerized patient records have the same restrictions on privacy as non-computerized records.

I know you know all this already, as you are a physician, but it bears repeating.

Top Bottom