• ...and so much more!
  • epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Dad's reply to epsylum: yes, you know I have them and you are fond of them and my reloading stuff too. Remember, it's cheaper to raid the refrigerator than the ammo shelf. Ever priced bullets lately?
    Just kidding, I'm proud of my sons and love to shoot with them.

At least I keep you stocked in brass. ;)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    How do you teach a 3yo girl responsible gun handling? I know some are think WTF and some are like DUH, but I'm serious because I want to teach my daughter responsiblity early unlike her older two sisters who I'm having alot of trouble keeping under control at home and at school.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yea, but lets say for someone who cant afford something like that. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I really would like to get her behind my old Pumpmaster 760 and teach her some safety before hand of course. She understands alot and is really smart. I just want her to start having a more responsible attitude than the older two. The older two will take a lot of work after everything they've been through (way too long of a story) but I think this would be a great way for them too. Along with Girl Scouts and we're thinking about 4H maybe next summer.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Yea, but lets say for someone who cant afford something like that. I'm sure I'm not the only one....
    Check around. Possibly even call NRA and ask. There are Eddie Eagle programs put on by police and others, paid for by grant money. If nothing else, teach her the Eddie Eagle rules yourself.

Stop! Don't touch!

Leave the area.

Tell an adult.

Pax covers this topic very well on her site, Cornered Cat - The First Lesson (Kids and Gun Safety)

Good luck, and

Blessings,
    B

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Thanks, I'll look into it. I know the NRA can be greedy at times, but at least its for a good reason...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm most definitely not a fan of the NRA, but I know that they have a good thing in their training classes. I hold my nose every time I think about sending money to them, knowing they're likely going to put it into another HR 2640 type of fight, but AFAIK, GOA and JPFO don't offer the classes NRA does.

Let us know what you finally end up doing, please. This is info others can benefit from, too.

Blessings,
    B

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The biggest things I ahve noticed from when I was a kid that work are:
    1. No toy guns. They teach kids that guns are toys and okay to shoot one another. Heck, I had a squirt gun when I was a kid, so my father make me "clean it" with armor-all (plastic gun mind you), place it away with the rest of the guns, even kept a case of water next to the ammo in the house and use only that water for the squirt gun. Strange, but works!
    2. Teach children the bloody details: Kids learn about death someday and its hard, but necessary to get them to understand what happens when you pull the trigger. I wouldnt say, no video games, but talk to your children. Make them understand that they arent toys and people shot to death dont get back up.

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I have three daughters. One day last year my oldest came home and said the boy scouts were recruiting at her school. "They learn shooting!", she said. But they wouldn't let me join. Nice. Girl Scouts, Not! I'm gonna get her in a good 4-H program, if I can figure out how. Their website is useless.

Top Bottom