• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    Why should I believe there is intelligent life elsewhere when there is so little of it here on Earth. I tend to believe intelligence is a constant quota here on Earth, it is just with more and more people, it just gets spread thin in some places:):

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I find it hard to believe we are alone. The sad thing is that if we ever do find another life form, or if it finds us, we most likely won't be able to coexist with it.
    I don't know, I wouldn't mind beaming up to some of those planets that have the girls on them that Capt. Kirk and Spok would beam to.:)

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Me: If you do the same math, it is almost impossible that we exist. ;)

I don't want to believe or disbelieve, but it sure does seem lonely if we aren't alone.

Not THAT long ago our own ancestors believed the earth was flat and the idea of going into space was impossible.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Not THAT long ago our own ancestors believed the earth was flat and the idea of going into space was impossible.

They also thought life just emerged from spoiled meat.

Some things get more possible as you begin to understand them - some things get more impossible.

Math, on the other hand, doesn't really change much. ;)

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Here's a thought (because I just got done posting in the September 11th thread)

If there is some kind of contact with another lifeform in our lifetime (which is short) will humans unite together as one? Will things go behond "black" "white" "arabic" whatever, to just human?

Imagine if tommorow some actual evidence emerged of life existing on another planet or galaxy. Who's to say other life is automatically friendly? What if earth is just a small place in a "jungle" environment? What if we are just another planet along the way?

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Here's a thought (because I just got done posting in the September 11th thread)

If there is some kind of contact with another lifeform in our lifetime (which is short) will humans unite together as one? Will things go behond "black" "white" "arabic" whatever, to just human?

Imagine if tommorow some actual evidence emerged of life existing on another planet or galaxy. Who's to say other life is automatically friendly? What if earth is just a small place in a "jungle" environment? What if we are just another planet along the way?

I think we would literally, physically, kill ourselves (humans) before we came to an absolute conclusion on what to do.

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    I think we would literally, physically, kill ourselves (humans) before we came to an absolute conclusion on what to do.

So infidel (and others like him) are dead. Reality people. What do we do now after this knowledge of alien life? Defend ourselves? Try to make peace? Do we act submissive to whatever they want?

What if WE find evidence of them first? A primitive lifeform living much like humans did thousands and thousands of years ago?

You could go crazy thinking of the possibilities, but thinking we are alone is stupid.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)

Who told you that nonesense? "OUR OWN ANCESTORS" were a Solar people, hence they're love of the Stars, "heaven" etc. We're talking Sun, moon, planets etc, all circular.

"Our own Ancestors" built thing's such as pyramids, stonehenge and undoubtedly other great structues which not only looked beautiful, but had purpose, purpose that only a planetry circle as we know, could help create.

From what I've heard, not even Columbus believed in flat earth.

Perhaps this knowledge was stifled for theological reasons, but even that doesnt make sense, and IMO, Flat earth belief is nothing more than a rumour.

I just cant fanthom such intelligent people even thinking something so ridiculous, when they were so intuned with Solar celestialism.

Top Bottom