• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'd like to be him when I grow up too! I feel super lame with just 2 green 14's hahaha!

I'm really thinking about selling the one I like least and jumping into a WP14. It wouldn't really cost much to upgrade when I looked at it. I considered selling both of my 14's and jumping into BNVD with WP L3's but my wife veto'd that because she wouldn't have a tube anymore... Just can't get myself to shell out $8k! I'll buy a mawl first!
    Mawl is next on my list, even before Sentinels. I have a single tube, it can get me by, it’s just yesterday cool!;)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I can’t keep it straight. So KAC is good and BCM is bad this week?

I put this together this week.
    7a96c67e68c496b3549e801c2693c654.jpg

Aero Receivers- really like their M4E1 lower
    Aero Atlas 15”- really like it too, slim and light
    BCM stock, grip, and BCG
    Vortex SPARC
    The balance was loose parts from other projects needing a home. Shoots 1.5 MOA with my M193-ish reloads.

Just one more coat of turd polish and it’ll be a respectable rifle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Who ever said BCM isn’t good, knows not of what they speak. BCM is surpassing most as THE STANDARD of a reliable factory rifle.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I can’t keep it straight. So KAC is good and BCM is bad this week?

I put this together this week.
    7a96c67e68c496b3549e801c2693c654.jpg

Aero Receivers- really like their M4E1 lower
    Aero Atlas 15”- really like it too, slim and light
    BCM stock, grip, and BCG
    Vortex SPARC
    The balance was loose parts from other projects needing a home. Shoots 1.5 MOA with my M193-ish reloads.

Just one more coat of turd polish and it’ll be a respectable rifle!

Vortex optic? You're sure to get kilt in the streetz now.

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    Well, I bought a brand new Colt, and it was missing the bolt catch! While I am disappointed it made it though QC, at least they sent me the spring, roll pin, and bolt catch.

FWIW I run BCM or Colt factory uppers on all my rifles.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I was sarcastically beating a dead horse. Should have used purple.

The internet is hard to always understand one another. In person I think most of the little internet squabbles we have here would be non existant. Not saying we would all agree but the internet always makes opinions seem more harsh than they are meant

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The internet is hard to always understand one another. In person I think most of the little internet squabbles we have here would be non existant. Not saying we would all agree but the internet always makes opinions seem more harsh than they are meant
    Likely true. It is easy to misunderstand attempts at humor especially since you can’t see the dumb ass grin on my face when I said it.

Then you have a few people that simply wouldn’t say crap face to face that they say behind their keyboard.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    80 percent lowers are awesome for clones. You can mark them close to the original without messing up factory markings. Saw an awesome t91 clone using wolfs upper, 80 lower, and some hook ups on original take off furniture and sights. Building the lower and marking it appropriately really set it apart.

Great, and definitely a case for the lack of marking on an 80%.

It confirms the idea that such a lower is for specialty purposes, and that if *quality* is the goal, perhaps machining should be left to the guys with the CNC doing hundreds a week.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Great, and definitely a case for the lack of marking on an 80%.

It confirms the idea that such a lower is for specialty purposes, and that if *quality* is the goal, perhaps machining should be left to the guys with the CNC doing hundreds a week.

Aluminum is one of the easiest metals to machine. In fact I find it easier to work than most plastics. There is nothing complicated about machining an 80% lower, but I may be jaded from having done machining work for so long.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Aluminum is one of the easiest metals to machine. In fact I find it easier to work than most plastics. There is nothing complicated about machining an 80% lower, but I may be jaded from having done machining work for so long.

It's not about the machinability of the material, it's about the capability of the machine and machinist. And I submit that your typical home gamer with a jig is not holding *quite* the same tolerance as a Haas CNC.

But I'm probably jaded from being in engineering so long;)

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    It's not about the machinability of the material, it's about the capability of the machine and machinist. And I submit that your typical home gamer with a jig is not holding *quite* the same tolerance as a Haas CNC.

Seems to me that the vast majority of help me posts that lead to out of spec lowers as the root cause are from mass produced budget lowers. The jigs are pretty fail proof, most even include the precision bits. Now if they required a person to mill out the complicated parts like magwell or thread the buffer then you'd see some major issues. Drilling holes hardly requires a Haas cnc

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Seems to me that the vast majority of help me posts that lead to out of spec lowers as the root cause are from mass produced budget lowers. The jigs are pretty fail proof, most even include the precision bits. Now if they required a person to mill out the complicated parts like magwell or thread the buffer then you'd see some major issues. Drilling holes hardly requires a Haas cnc

The proper way to cut the mag well is with a broach. I'm sure it's hogged out before the broach though.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County

I don' know about that. Our Haas always seems to be on the fritz. Well, maybe I should say one of our Haas's. :rockwoot:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    :): I was behind a Haas CNC service van on my way to work this morning. Must be a sign to cut my 80% lower with a Dremel.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Dang it, people. I started "a build". My PSA Premium 158c BCG arrived yesterday.

Not sure if I want to spend the $75-ish on a better lower, or use one of the Anderson lowers I currently have. Leaning towards a better lower, however.

I think it'll be a 10.5" 5.56 pistol.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Dang it, people. I started "a build". My PSA Premium 158c BCG arrived yesterday.

Not sure if I want to spend the $75-ish on a better lower, or use one of the Anderson lowers I currently have. Leaning towards a better lower, however.

I think it'll be a 10.5" 5.56 pistol.

I did a similar pistol build earlier this year using all premium BCM parts for everything except an Anderson lower. I had no issues with it.

Would I like to have a cooler rollmark than the Anderson horse? Sure, but everything fit together fine.

Top Bottom