• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    What's everyone's opinion of PWS?? I'm a BCM lover like many here but I thought I may want to jump into something ambi (I'm a lefty) I was planning on buying an SR-15 however, I recently shot a new PWS, I was super impressed by how softly it recoiled due to the adjustable gas block and this was even suppressed. I pretty much shoot exclusively suppressed even if it's just a small k can on the end. I've shot an SR-15 but not one suppressed and the adjustable PWS has me teetering their direction.

Anyone have a fair bit of time on one??
    This PWS v KAC thing has me kicking things around just bit more than I should probably.

Seekins, is the answer to this question. Their ambi lower is sick and bulletproof. Their barrels are stupid accurate, and their adjustable gas block lets you dial in a suppressor just fine without all kind of proprietary bs, except the lower. My seekins barrel/gasblock/tube shoots super soft suppressed and dialed in easily. I'd like to have a complete rifle, but I drank the dd koolaid first for my expensive factory rifle.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Anyone have a fair bit of time on one??
    This PWS v KAC thing has me kicking things around just bit more than I should probably.

I have a fair amount time on the SR-15. The ambi lower is nice since I'm a lefty when it comes to rifles. The MARS lower from LMT is nice as well. I don't need the ambi bolt release because I'm a lefty already so I can manipulate that easily. The ambi mag release is what I need and I can reach that easily on the SR-15 lower.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have a fair amount time on the SR-15. The ambi lower is nice since I'm a lefty when it comes to rifles. The MARS lower from LMT is nice as well. I don't need the ambi bolt release because I'm a lefty already so I can manipulate that easily. The ambi mag release is what I need and I can reach that easily on the SR-15 lower.

Yeah, I'm a long gun lefty also... Any time shooting your SR-15 suppressed? I need to get my buddy to pull his muzzle device and let me run a can on it beside the PWS and make my decision but who know. Nice to know on the LMT as well. I've always been of the learn how to shoot the right handed gun even doing it left handed but now I also am ready for an ambi mag release.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    If you’re just looking for ambi, lwrc, CMT, Mega, Rainer, and a bunch of others make a nice ambi lower.

I like SLR adjustable gas blocks the most. They’re pretty well the nicest I’ve used.

Hard to tell someone not to buy KAC. PWS is nice gear too.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Yeah, I'm a long gun lefty also... Any time shooting your SR-15 suppressed? I need to get my buddy to pull his muzzle device and let me run a can on it beside the PWS and make my decision but who know. Nice to know on the LMT as well. I've always been of the learn how to shoot the right handed gun even doing it left handed but now I also am ready for an ambi mag release.

No time running a suppressor. Nice thing about the KAC/LMT ambi lowers is that they are forged vs. billet if that matters.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I wouldn't care either way with forged vs. billet. Forged is a little stronger, but you don't hear about guys wearing out billet lowers. A lower receiver is a pretty low stress component. As long as it's in spec and doesn't have some sort of macro inclusion or something stupid with the material, it's good to go.

No time running a suppressor. Nice thing about the KAC/LMT ambi lowers is that they are forged vs. billet if that matters.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I wouldn't care either way with forged vs. billet. Forged is a little stronger, but you don't hear about guys wearing out billet lowers. A lower receiver is a pretty low stress component. As long as it's in spec and doesn't have some sort of macro inclusion or something stupid with the material, it's good to go.

Agreed. Definitely a moot point. I've got 14x lowers and all but 1 are forged. It just makes me sleep better at night:baby:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    One of these days, a few of y'all are gonna get PMs from me. And in that PM, I'm gonna axe you to, pretty please, come up with an itemized list on parts that I should buy for my semi-planned future mid-tier builds. Everything but the low-end lowers (Anderson) that I already have.

And I'd like the mint julep recipe, please.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    So I am chiming in really late on this thread but are any of you running an 80% lower you finished yourself?

(I am thinking about finishing an 80% lower and building a 300 blk upper on it.)

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    So I am chiming in really late on this thread but are any of you running an 80% lower you finished yourself?

(I am thinking about finishing an 80% lower and building a 300 blk upper on it.)

The purpose of 80% is anonymity, IMO. I don't know how one could try to build quality from an 80%. What's the point when a quality stripped lower is $50! That's a week of Starbucks for some people.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    C'mon, only criminals use 80% lower ghost guns. Some California politician told me this.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    80 percent lowers are awesome for clones. You can mark them close to the original without messing up factory markings. Saw an awesome t91 clone using wolfs upper, 80 lower, and some hook ups on original take off furniture and sights. Building the lower and marking it appropriately really set it apart.

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    I can’t keep it straight. So KAC is good and BCM is bad this week?

I put this together this week.
    7a96c67e68c496b3549e801c2693c654.jpg

Aero Receivers- really like their M4E1 lower
    Aero Atlas 15”- really like it too, slim and light
    BCM stock, grip, and BCG
    Vortex SPARC
    The balance was loose parts from other projects needing a home. Shoots 1.5 MOA with my M193-ish reloads.

Just one more coat of turd polish and it’ll be a respectable rifle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I know, I’m trying to be him when I decide to grow up. Just got my PVS14 WP back the other day, and am trying to figure out how to buy a set of Sentinels.

I'd like to be him when I grow up too! I feel super lame with just 2 green 14's hahaha!

I'm really thinking about selling the one I like least and jumping into a WP14. It wouldn't really cost much to upgrade when I looked at it. I considered selling both of my 14's and jumping into BNVD with WP L3's but my wife veto'd that because she wouldn't have a tube anymore... Just can't get myself to shell out $8k! I'll buy a mawl first!

Top Bottom