• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 11-B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    So I know a few ppl and Know of some other who are talking about how there is a ban coming again and how they are gonna buy up all the Assault Rifles :ar15: they can and others are afraid that theirs are going to be taken buy the national guard here soon and how Obama is gonna make America a "Police State" and all this crap I would like to here from other ppl:dunno:

Thoughts:dunno::twocents:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If we end up with Obama plus D-controlled House and Senate, I would consider it a pretty sure thing. Otherwise, even giving his hubris in office, I doubt that Obama would be brazen enough to try to conjure up a gun ban by executive fiat. My guess is that as a second-term president he would probably try to use the ATF to clamp down on the manufacturers in a more heavy-handed incarnation of old George Bush's manipulation of Colt to get them to stop selling AR15s to anyone not ending in .gov.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Nope. There's no will for it and it's political suicide for congress critters. I don't see the makeup of the house changing enough to allow it to pass, either. It's just not likely.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I have read Quite a bit of fear mongering. I think it is coming from many different groups of people. It is making for RECORD sales in certain industries in a crap economy. Real or imagined, only you can decide what is right for you and your family! I feel like many people, that we are heading for interesting times that will be talked about for years to come. Family, God, Country.

11-B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Tell your "friends" to stop listening to Alex Jones.

dont know who that is but is he the guy who makes these dvds titled police state and all this other crap about fema death camps or something he showed me a few dvd and asked if i wanted to watch them.....no thanks!.....ppl have too much time on their hands

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I know I need to refresh my tin foil with thicker restaurant grade but.

I can easily see if Obama gets re-elected (by hook or crook), he would try an end around play with an Executive Order AWB, which would be met with cheers from the far left.

I just hope and pray he doesn't get re-elected by the insane far left wing of America.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Lots of Dems would like to TALK about firearms bans, limits, registrations, etc.. but the ones who would have to suffer the consequence of even attempting such a thing, i.e. political suicide, really have no will for it. The fact that that the AWB of the nineties had no practical effect on anything means nothing to them. But the Republican revolution of 94? They still remember that. And the wisest among them still remember that THEY were the ones who handed congress over with a meaningless AWB. Darn those pesky voters!!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    dont know who that is but is he the guy who makes these dvds titled police state and all this other crap about fema death camps or something he showed me a few dvd and asked if i wanted to watch them.....no thanks!.....ppl have too much time on their hands
    Wow, He might fit in quite well in the GP forum here. :popcorn:

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    No. Remember how well the Clinton AWB worked for the Democratic congress? So do they.

I haven't seen any serious discussion of new firearms regulations. There's a lot of hot button issues that have taken its place, like the economy in the tank, two foreign wars, illegal aliens and their status, gay marriage, etc. You just don't hear much about it these days from either party.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I'm more worried about a re-elected BHO appointing more liberal SCOTUS judges, creating a liberal majority, therefore redefining the 2nd amendment as they deem fit.

:twocents:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm more worried about a re-elected BHO appointing more liberal SCOTUS judges, creating a liberal majority, therefore redefining the 2nd amendment as they deem fit.

:twocents:

I agree with the philosophy, but with 'conservatives' like Roberts, I am afraid we are SOL either way.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I agree with the philosophy, but with 'conservatives' like Roberts, I am afraid we are SOL either way.
    I tend to agree with this. I don't have much confidence in the outcome if and when the SCOTUS has another crack at the 2A, especially given the recent comments that Scalia made.

Top Bottom