Do you think the price of ammo will drop now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    The price will go down only if the ammo companies decide they can make more money by lowering the price to bolster sales. It's all about making money. They'll charge what we will pay.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The price will go down only if the ammo companies decide they can make more money by lowering the price to bolster sales. It's all about making money. They'll charge what we will pay.

And we will pay what they charge. I will never have enough, no such thing as too much

Chance favors the prepared mind

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I've heard this bounced around at gun shops.

The answer is no. The world market price of copper and lead control ammo price far over what little demand the U.S. military creates.

Ammunition along with everything else will rise (perhaps dramatically).

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    ...The answer is no. The world market price of copper and lead control ammo price far over what little demand the U.S. military creates.

Ammunition along with everything else will rise (perhaps dramatically).

I believe this and it SUCKS royally. I'm going to have to sell a child to keep myself in guns and ammo.

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    I agree with the election guy, if you didnt start reloading before the last election I strongly advise you to do so now and buy bulk primers they are usually the first thing to go crazy

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    The price of ammo will drop when folks stop lining up to buy it. No conspiracy, just the free market. Corporations cannot afford to "sit" on inventory for extended periods, because if they lose money the stockholders fire the managers. (many of the 19,000 INGO members are likely stockholders in one form or another, retirement funds, insurance or outright ownership). It's simply the free market system at work with everyone acting in their own self interest.

medicr224

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    I was researching ammo and it has been posted on the web sites that I was looking thru that Ammo prices will be going up due to this year being a election year. Lets all think back to the last election and how costly and how hard it was to find Ammo. I for one have been stocking up for some time now

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    heck no!! even if the cost and availability of materials goes down for the manufacturers(not that it will since afgan is still hot), they will not be passing the savings on to us.. why would they when they could increase their margin of profit if cost of materials goes down for them

Top Bottom