Do YOU think it's a good idea to post pictures/lists of the firearms you own?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Look at the thread title.

• Total voters

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    You can always show a card or two, just don't show your whole hand.

Agreed!

I just posted a couple pictures of antique rifle that I needed help to identify.

There is a big difference between an occasional post to show work in progress or something cool and unique verses a picture of everything in your safe (if you were the kind of person that had a safe full of guns)

Last edited:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Yes I have guns.

Yes I train.

Yes I compete.

No, I haven't had a boating accident.

I have filled out so many 4473s that the gov't ALREADY knows. What are we really hiding?

I see two different modes of thinking in the gun community. The old guys in the hobby I've come across were always hush hush about owning guns. I always thought it was this big cool secret. When asked about guns it was always a "no" then a wink.

Now I understand that they were a bad for the sport. By not introducing anyone to guns they shrank the sport. By not being open about owning guns they allowed the gun culture to be an "underground" culture.

Let me break it to everyone. The gov't knows you have guns. Your family knows you have guns. Your friends likely know you have guns.

Who are you really fooling?

To directly answer the OP: I have had MANY INGO'ers to my house for various lectures, classes, and just hang outs. Do I advertise everything I own? No. Do I hide in fear? No. We are here to talk, share experiences, and have fun. No pics is no fun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I believe I was on the list before the days of internet firearms forums (at least ones that had more than a couple dozen registered members). I really don't care too much about posting something up. If you can get past the boobytraps to get into my well hidden bunker, go ahead. Once you enter, you'll be met with a wall of fire. If you survive that, there are random kids toys laying on the floor in the dark. Since the fire should have burned your shoes/boots off, have fun stepping on thousands of Legos. If you get past that, enjoy my collection but remember...there is only 1 way in or out. You'll encounter the boobytraps yet again. Not sure it is really worth it for a couple of Raven .25s.

Thieves are not usually smart enough to give consideration to such things.
    Clear up the mess if you catch one and remember, A friend will bail you out of jail, a good friend will help you hide the body's.......;)

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    a few pic and dissusing expericance is one thing but taking pictures of you hole safe, or basically entier inventory all at once not cool ... at least make them work for it and have to filter through all your post to piece it together :)

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Why....has someone here at INGO who has posted been robbed because they did?

Does anyone know who I really am an where I live an when I come an go an where the guns I post are to be found?
    picture.php

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't really give it much thought. Heck, my desktop background on my work computer is currently my AK-47, and I generally rotate through my collection because, well... I like looking at them! :): It also starts up some conversation when coworkers walk by and see them sometimes. So, I guess I really don't know how to vote on this one.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Why....has someone here at INGO who has posted been robbed because they did?

Does anyone know who I really am an where I live an when I come an go an where the guns I post are to be found?
    picture.php

Very nice collection. We have similar tastes (although I have yet to acquire an M1a...yours appears to be a fine specimen even if I prefer to see them naked and free from optics ;))

Maybe now that I know you have one I can come up there and take it. I will leave the scope for you.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I don't think it really matters. If people know you have guns, they know you have guns. I think most people here on INGO buy and sell stuff so quickly, it would be hard to keep up with the inventory list. :):

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Very nice collection. We have similar tastes (although I have yet to acquire an M1a...yours appears to be a fine specimen even if I prefer to see them naked and free from optics ;))

Maybe now that I know you have one I can come up there and take it. I will leave the scope for you.
    I said something like this, and someone posted all kinds of "nice info" just from the pics... THEY knew exactly where I was !!!!! COMPUTERS, WOW !!!!!

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Photos taken with iphones may have the GPS coordinates imbedded in them. Could tell what part of the main line one of the guys was setup with with his machine guns ...

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Just do what I and my wife do. We live in a huge motor home and never spend two nights in the same state! We're always on the [STRIKE]run[/STRIKE] road.

Don't own a cell phone, gps, and only use an old Sunoco US road map from 1968 to determine our daily route. I only connect to the web via sat-net and only on random days and times.

At night we park out in the boonies and I set out my claymores and trip lines after I've determined my firing lanes for the infra-red triggered full-auto .50 cals. (no matter how many times one hears the .50's go off in the middle of the night it still makes you set up wide eyed in bed, but trust me we've never shot anything we didn't eat!)

Even if I told everyone what our motor home looked like you couldn't find it because I change all the camo decals daily to blend in with our enviro.

If ya can find me, fool my infra-red full auto .50's and then get past the trip wired claymores you still have to get through all the armor plate before you can get in...then you have to get past MoFo our guard grizzly and my wife and her sawed off 10 guage...then there's me with my thumb taped to a dead-mans switch so if I loose my grip the whole motor home goes off because of the half ton of C-4 built into it's chassis.

If you're still alive and breathing after all of that you can have whats left of my Marlin model 60 that I keep in my under the bed safe...if the safe will open that is.

Well, I better shut down my sat-net connection and spoof my IP again and adjust my tin foil hat just in case some 5 year old girl might be skip tracing my sat connection!

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Just do what I and my wife do. We live in a huge motor home and never spend two nights in the same state! We're always on the [STRIKE]run[/STRIKE] road.

Don't own a cell phone, gps, and only use an old Sunoco US road map from 1968 to determine our daily route. I only connect to the web via sat-net and only on random days and times.

At night we park out in the boonies and I set out my claymores and trip lines after I've determined my firing lanes for the infra-red triggered full-auto .50 cals. (no matter how many times one hears the .50's go off in the middle of the night it still makes you set up wide eyed in bed, but trust me we've never shot anything we didn't eat!)

Even if I told everyone what our motor home looked like you couldn't find it because I change all the camo decals daily to blend in with our enviro.

If ya can find me, fool my infra-red full auto .50's and then get past the trip wired claymores you still have to get through all the armor plate before you can get in...then you have to get past MoFo our guard grizzly and my wife and her sawed off 10 guage...then there's me with my thumb taped to a dead-mans switch so if I loose my grip the whole motor home goes off because of the half ton of C-4 built into it's chassis.

If you're still alive and breathing after all of that you can have whats left of my Marlin model 60 that I keep in my under the bed safe...if the safe will open that is.

Well, I better shut down my sat-net connection and spoof my IP again and adjust my tin foil hat just in case some 5 year old girl might be skip tracing my sat connection!

:laugh: that was entertaining!!!

Top Bottom