Do YOU think it's a good idea to post pictures/lists of the firearms you own?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Look at the thread title.

• Total voters

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Is it a good idea to tell about everything you have? No.

But is it nice to share your personal experiance and opinions with other like minded people? Yes.

Kind of a catch 22 aint it?

Yes, definite catch 22.
    It is hard to share my passion with anyone outside the community (gun) and this forum offers a chance do do so on occasion.
    Like others have posted, always someone around and everyone including the neighbors are armed so approach at high risk.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Who needs registration, when there are people that can't keep their virtual trap shut.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    A burglar looking for the guns I've mentioned on here would be sadly dissapointed....
    Almost as sad as I was when I sold them.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    But 99.9% of the people on this forum doesn't know my real name, or my address. As far as the Gov..... I'm not breaking any laws.. so??:dunno:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I voted NO because that is the best answer. However, I believe your poll is flawed.

There is no reason not to post pictures of a gun. But you should not list your entire collection, or show them all, since that is TMI. So your poll should take that into account. Most people will vote NO as it stands, but this site would suck without photos, and we all contribute, even if we voted NO.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    A burglar looking for the guns I've mentioned on here would be sadly dissapointed....
    Almost as sad as I was when I sold them.

Yeah. Me too. I really don't have any guns or knifes at all. Not even a glue gun or a steak knife. I'm just a sad liar, wannabe. I just come here to hang out with the cool kids (whose houses are full of guns and stuff).

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    But 99.9% of the people on this forum doesn't know my real name, or my address. As far as the Gov..... I'm not breaking any laws.. so??:dunno:

Not breaking any laws, true. But if there should come a time for firearm confiscation by the .gov, wouldn't it be handy if they had a list, that you typed, of what you have on hand?

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Not breaking any laws, true. But if there should come a time for firearm confiscation by the .gov, wouldn't it be handy if they had a list, that you typed, of what you have on hand?

If your posting on this fourm.... Your already on the list...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    If your posting on this fourm.... Your already on the list...

I believe I was on the list before the days of internet firearms forums (at least ones that had more than a couple dozen registered members). I really don't care too much about posting something up. If you can get past the boobytraps to get into my well hidden bunker, go ahead. Once you enter, you'll be met with a wall of fire. If you survive that, there are random kids toys laying on the floor in the dark. Since the fire should have burned your shoes/boots off, have fun stepping on thousands of Legos. If you get past that, enjoy my collection but remember...there is only 1 way in or out. You'll encounter the boobytraps yet again. Not sure it is really worth it for a couple of Raven .25s.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    If you survive that, there are random kids toys laying on the floor in the dark. Since the fire should have burned your shoes/boots off, have fun stepping on thousands of Legos.

You are describing my living room, dining room and just about every room in my house.. indeed very dangerous!

:D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Unless you have purchased every gun you own through FTF purchases, I'm sure the government knows what has been purchased. I'm sure that list is more complete than anything that we post on this site.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You are describing my living room, dining room and just about every room in my house.. indeed very dangerous!

:D

I don't have kids but you don't need kids to enjoy some Legos. Actually it makes it much better as you don't have to share with the lil snot nosed punks.

Top Bottom