• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RTroy29035

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    If I am in a public setting I would only hand my weapon over to law enforcement and even then I would ask them to let me clear the weapon first.
    If in a private setting like my house or a friends house I would only clear and hand my weapon over to a friend if I knew they knew how to properly handle a weapon. If someone wanted to see my weapon and did not know how to properly handle a weapon I would clear the weapon and allow them see it while I kept it in my possession.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If I am in a public setting I would only hand my weapon over to law enforcement and even then I would ask them to let me clear the weapon first.

Is this the proper etiquette? If not, what is? Thanks.

aaronsbig16g

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    The only time I have let anyone handle my carry gun was in a non public place and it has to be a close friend. Unless the are law enforcement of course.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I only let my wife touch my gun.

Oh you mean my carry pistol? Oh well, um, no. Not unless I really trust the person.

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    Never let strangers see any of my guns. For friends pull the mag lock it open and let'em take a look.can't blame them I would want to look at my sexy glock 26 exo lol

mdvorscak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    I cc and no one ever knows I have mine on me. Sometimes if I reach up and they see the holster they ask, it depends on the area you are in and if you know the person.
    Random person. NO
    Friend. Depends on where and when, most the time NO
    Cops, Yes if they ask for a valid reason.

RHorn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    It depends on who asks and the location. Never in a public place and only with close friends that i am comfortable with. Always clear and check first. It usually only happens when i get something new they havent seen yet.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I typically OC, but I've never had a stranger ask to see my gun. A couple friends of mine have asked while we were at my apartment, and I trusted them enough not to drop it, so I unloaded my weapon and let them look it over. I would not let someone a stranger touch my weapon nor would I allow someone I trust to touch it in public.

abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    If a friend asks I usually accomodate but friends seldom ask.
    If a stranger asks I politely decline.
    If a cop asks I comply.

I would say that this is my model. However, if a stranger asked I would be a little creeped out. For me it is the setting...if I were in Walmart and my friend asked, I would say no and at least wait until we are in the car.

My son is 4 and he has asked me about my gun. This freaks my wife out so I tell him about it and let him see it in my holster but I don't let him hold it. Any tips on that one?:dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I would say that this is my model. However, if a stranger asked I would be a little creeped out. For me it is the setting...if I were in Walmart and my friend asked, I would say no and at least wait until we are in the car.

My son is 4 and he has asked me about my gun. This freaks my wife out so I tell him about it and let him see it in my holster but I don't let him hold it. Any tips on that one?:dunno:

There is stranger and stranger I guess.
    I will freak out too if a total stranger ask me in the street but if its the friend of a friend at home I would still call that person a stranger if I dont know him/her.But in that case I wouldn't freak out.
    I may still say no though.

About your son its good that he can see the gun so that he doesnt get too curious about it.That's when problems happen.
    You could show him how to clear the gun (I mean do it in front of him) and tell him about the 4 safety rules (im not sure is 4 years old is too young to understand that or not).
    Maybe let him touch the gun that you would take out of the holster and hold for him.That way he wont point the gun at himself.
    That could be a step before letting him hold the gun himself.
    But 4 is maybe too young for that, I dunno.
    Im sure you can find a balance between what your wife would let you do and what you would want to do.

At least if you answer his questions about the gun and dont keep it taboo its good already.

Not sure I could help. :)

Top Bottom