• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    Friends & family who already own guns or are thinking about getting one - yes, and I'll clear it for them if they'd like to touch it, hold it, look down the sights, etc.. Not in public (with the exception of a range).
    Other friends & family - Can check out, but don't touch. Not in public (range excepted).
    Strangers - never.. EEEEEEEVVVEEERRR! Even at a range..

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Thanks for your answers.
    When you let a friend or a family menber touch your gun do you lecture him/her about gun safety for hours before you give them the gun or do you just say "keep your finger off the trigger and dont point it at anyone"?
    Maybe just "Its loaded have fun"?

nk1124

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bloomington
    Like the rest, friends at home or at the range sure no prob. Never had a complete stranger ask, but unless at the range or something at best it's look but no touchy.

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    When you let a friend or a family menber touch your gun do you lecture him/her about gun safety for hours before you give them the gun or do you just say "keep your finger off the trigger and dont point it at anyone"?

Yeah, I'll usually just run though the 4 basic rules before I hand it over to them.. and if I see they violate one of them, back in the holster with me it goes.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have been asked and hinted at that I might be carrying by friends since they know I can, but I never let them know if I definitely am and let them keep guessing. About the only person I will let handle my firearm is my daughter.

PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    Generally no. One time my brother-in-law wanted to see my carry gun(I carry concealed) as he was interested in buying one. We left and went outside where I cleared the weapon and removed the magazine and then let him "see" the gun away from everyone else.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Never had anyone ask.

At the range I am happy to share and let others ( that I know and trust) try out any firearm I have with me. If someone I don't know ask it would be a polite "no". I always considered it improper to ask someone to see their carry weapon unless I know them very well.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Remember, every time you load or unload the weapon can discharge (regardless of where your finger is).

If you don't have a safe backstop, then invite them to the range instead of fingering the gun in the living room or the parking lot with its "magical" force field.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Remember, every time you load or unload the weapon can discharge (regardless of where your finger is).

If you don't have a safe backstop, then invite them to the range instead of fingering the gun in the living room or the parking lot with its "magical" force field.

:yesway:

That's true.The only place where I load and unload my gun is at home (well and at the range) with the gun pointing at a 45 degree angle where I know where the bullet would go if fired (thru a wall then in the ground).
    And nobody but me in the room in case of AD I dont want to dammage someone else's ears.

Riflemen14

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    Wells County
    I CC, like many others, never in public, never to a stranger, even at a range. Who knows what they could or may try to pull. Will with freinds in private with the 4 safety steps firmly in place only.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    They don't ask, I don't tell, so I never have to worry about showing it.

Someone would never know I carried unless we were at a range. Even at a fun shop, I'm just talking guns in general. No one would know what I carried. And most people there wouldn't care. Everyone's seen a pocket 380 of one flavor or another.

If for any reason it did come up in a casual conversation and someone asked about it, I'd just let them know that I don't wave it around much.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    There are two groups of people to whom I might show my firearms:

1. close friends or family who show an interest. This would not be done in public, of course.
    2. complete strangers with whom I have developed an intense fear for my life in a relatively short period of time.

Most others will never know that I have a firearm.

dpetreikis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    I carry concealed about 99% of the time, and I'm pretty good at concealment, having had quite a few years worth of practice at it, so no one knows unless I want them to know. I will show my gun to friends in private, if they ask, but that's about it - barring polite requests from local law enforcement officials, of course. ;)

deanr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Kendallville, Indiana
    Depending on the situation and how well I know the person generally when I am carrying no, of course in public it doesn't leave the holster unless I need to use it. That being said when I am carrying I generally don't go to great lengths to conceal it, just an overshirt, and most of the time I am carrying a full sized 1911.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom