• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Do you show your carry gun to people who ask you if they can see it?

(And by "see" most people mean "touch")

Wherever you are carrying concealed or openly im sure you have already been asked by some people if they could see your firearm.

(Unless you CC and NOBODY knows about it but you im sure some of your friends and family menbers know that you CC)

I guess it depends if you are at home, outside or at friend's house.
    If you're with strangers or people you know well, how many people are there, if the person who ask is a gun owner him/herself and has firearms traing ... and such.

Do you just say no and leave it in your holster even if that makes you sound rude?
    You give them your gun after you removed the magazine, cleared the chamber and told the person about the 4 safety rules?
    What do you do?

I guess it depends on many things like I said earlier.

I would like to know if that ever happend to one of you and what you did.

Thanks.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    The only person who's ever asked is my son. I clear it and let him look at it while I'm holding it. My brother doesn't care and I don't see Drako often enough for her to have asked to see it yet.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    If a friend asks I usually accomodate but friends seldom ask.
    If a stranger asks I politely decline.
    If a cop asks I comply.

^ This, with the exception that at a range ive accommodated a few people who wanted to try my carry gun. They had never shot a Glock 29 (compact 10mm) before and wanted to see how manageable it was. As long as they kick in a few bucks for ammo I didn't have a problem with it. Stopped doing that after someone dropped it though...

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I'll lift up my shirt if they want to see it. That's as close as they get. As mentioned earlier, if my son asks me, I will clear it and let him see.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Very few know I CC. I do OC occasionally. Those who know have already seen it. Those who see me OCing have never asked. If someone asked, I would decline with "Not here. Not now."

LEOs get my full cooperation.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Never had a stranger anybody ask-- I CC though, so I guess that's why.:) if one were to ask I believe I would gladly discuss guns in general (assuming it's in an appropriate time & place, etc) but I don't think I'd ever let a stranger handle or shoot it.

My brother, sons, wife, etc.--no problem. With us, it's kinda like "I'll let you shoot mine if you let me shoot yours"

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Friends at the range? Yes.
    Friends or family at home? Maybe. Not in a group (no safe direction).
    Friends or family out in public? Nope.
    Strangers? Nope.

I routinely OC, so everyone gets a peek. ;)

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I don't mind showing my CC at home or at a friend's house or whatever, but I would never whip it out in public.

That said, I don't mind letting people know I carry. Other people knowing isn't an issue for me, but I don't want to make a big deal out of it or advertise the fact.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't hide my shame. If they know I'm carrying, then they know I'm carrying. Pretending you're not when you both know perfectly well that you are accomplishes nothing.

But to answer the question: "Look, but don't touch." It stays in the holster.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    If it comes up in conversation, I enjoy a good debate with people about the second amendment, and I will admit to CC'ing if prompted, or if I think that I can make my point better that way.

If asked to handle it....I have done it occasionally. Once, a close friend, on his property, out in the country. No big deal. Same thing with family. In a public setting, though, of course not.

Top Bottom