Do you plan on OC'ing when you vote Nov 6th?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Glad you can choose if and when you'll need a weapon and will have the time to run back to the car or home to get it. I haven't attained that ability yet. Don't know about where you vote but where I vote there are NUMEROUS 4 year old girls with 70+years of experience helping out there!!! :laugh:

Ok, I can't stand it anymore. I'll be that "moron." One CAN carry in the polls, fine no issue. But why make such a big hoopla about doing so? If you OC typically, do it. If you don't normally OC, what's the point of picking that day to do it over any other? A polling place isn't the place to stage a mass OC event. Why? Because you are going to put off a lot of people. And not just "average" people, but people who obviously VOTE.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I think the intention here is to show support for Clay who was not allowed to vote while OCing as he normally does. I normally OC when I can so that is what I will be doing.

Many people cannot carry at their polling place who would OC or CC so I think it gives some satisfaction that there will be be a conscious effort to show support for Clay and stand up for our rights.

My experience has shown most people don't notice, don't care or are inquisitive/supportive of OC when voting.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Why would you feel the need to? It can't be that dangerous in the State of Indiana to vote.

I'm thinking that the people you see in the news that have been attacked/raped/killed/beaten/etc. probably didn't think that was going to happen that day.

I carry every day/place I can. It's not a choice TO CARRY. I always do. I have to make a decision NOT TO CARRY.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Intersting tid bit for those of us in Vanderburgh Co. You can vote at ANY voting center no matter what your precinct. There are plenty of carry friendly places to choose from and I can promise one place in particular should be fine:

Salvation Army on Fulton Ave,too.

Last edited:

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    I plan to OC my G21 and my AR-15. I don't feel that one gun is enough to deter the gray hairs at my polling place from jacking my wallet. If they try, I wish them luck. It will be tucked under the ballistic panel of my body armor.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Ok, I can't stand it anymore. I'll be that "moron." One CAN carry in the polls, fine no issue. But why make such a big hoopla about doing so? If you OC typically, do it. If you don't nor
    mally OC, what's the point of picking that day to do it over any other? A polling place isn't the place to stage a mass OC event. Why? Because you are going to put off a lot of people. And not just "average" people, but people who obviously VOTE.

Ok who suggested staging a mass oc event?
    Who suggested anyone OC that doesn't normally OC?
    Who suggested making a big hoopla about doing this?
    Thought for sure I just asked if there was anyone else that was going to OC also.
    Now carefully reach down and take the knot out of your panties. It will be ok.But thank you for volunteering,

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ok who suggested staging a mass oc event?
    Who suggested anyone OC that doesn't normally OC?
    Who suggested making a big hoopla about doing this?
    Thought for sure I just asked if there was anyone else that was going to OC also.
    Now carefully reach down and take the knot out of your panties. It will be ok.But thank you for volunteering,

This Thread = Hoopla

I don't agree with the idea, but hey, it's legal so have at it.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since I only have my jury trial on misdemeanor charges on the 23rd and my hearing at the ISP for getting my LTCH back on the 30th, while I'll be getting my sidearm back from the THPD on the 23rd, it's doubtful that the ISP will be capable of getting me my LTCH before the 6th, so my firearm carry candidates are proscribed for me by statute to my rifle or my shotgun. I think I'll get a bandolier/strap for, and so be able to carry, my shotgun.

My polling place is the wholly city-owned Booker T. Washington Community Center, which is without school or day care facilities, so it's illegal for them to regulate my legal firearms carry/possession.

Booker T. Washington Community Center — City of Terre Haute Government

I'll be carrying printouts of the stories about Clay, printouts of IC 35-47-11.1, IC 35-41-3-2(i) and (k), and IC 3-5-4-4, and the paperwork of my acquittal/dismissal of charges for any LEO who hasn't gotten the memo yet that they can't continue with their jackbootery as usual. Hopefully, the message I give the city prosecutor in court will be properly delivered to the rank and file on the street and I'll have no problem. Ideally, the ISP will promptly return my LTCH and I'll be able to be discrete and simply OD a black handgun on my hip, but that's up to them, not me.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Ok, I can't stand it anymore. I'll be that "moron." One CAN carry in the polls, fine no issue. But why make such a big hoopla about doing so? If you OC typically, do it. If you don't normally OC, what's the point of picking that day to do it over any other? A polling place isn't the place to stage a mass OC event. Why? Because you are going to put off a lot of people. And not just "average" people, but people who obviously VOTE.

:nopity:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I usually vote on the way to work. Since I leave my gun in the car during work periods, I don't carry it. I leave it in a 'nondescript' item in my car. I just lock my car, go in and vote, come out and head to work.

Top Bottom