• ...and so much more!
  • Tangowood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Boone County
    Couldn't Agree More

MikeDVB, i couldn't agree more!!! Just because i am not required to by law does not mean i am not going to do everything in my power to make sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands. It is no different than when i sell a car, technically all i need to do is sign title and be on my way. But if you every bought a car from me i would make you sign something that says the car is now yours and i am not responsible for anything to do with this car once you drive it out my drive and that i am released from any and all claims. I did have a insurance try to come after me about three years ago on a car that i sold that was involved in a accident 4 days after i sold it and the purchaser had not put it on there insurance yet or changed the title. I provided the letter to the Insurance company along with the signed title and they backed off. I would hope by getting a copy of the pink little paper and a bill of sale that it would help in any future issues that might arise.

Not misinformed or afraid of shadow just taking the extra step to help protect myself and belongings!!!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Not misinformed or afraid of shadow just taking the extra step to help protect myself and belongings!!!
    ^ This.

Beyond all of that - if you're the buyer and you don't like my conditions of sale you can buy from somebody else. Nobody is forcing you to show a LTCH or to sign a bill of sale. Don't want to do it? Don't do it - problem solved :).

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Even in a Constitutional Carry location, I would still want a bill of sale and to see photo ID to verify they were who they said they were.

I prefer to prevent legal problems than to respond to them no matter how remote the possibility if it's feasible.

No need to defend your choice, you can ask for a bloody stool sample if you like.

(Now you're wondering if that was excessively gross adjective or just a common British expletive attributive... aren't ya?) :):

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    While you are not required to have a LTCH to own a handgun, I always recommend people do so... even if you have no intention of carrying.

• this avoids any transporation issues (eg what is the legal definition of "secured?") so you can transport the gun in any SAFE manner you choose regardless of the type of vehicle.
    • if you are transporting the gun and want to stop somewhere (eg a restraunt along the highway) and wish to not leave the gun in the car, you can take it with you (a laptop bag is a great discrete 'range bag' you can carry with you anywhere... people never ask why you aren't leaving a lap top in the car...).
    • you may wish you had the permit someday and can't afford the weeks/months of waiting.
    • Finally, the more Hoosiers who have permits to carry, the more would-be criminals just might re-think their ill-intentioned ideas... be part of the positive statistics.
    -rvb

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    No need to defend your choice, you can ask for a bloody stool sample if you like.

(Now you're wondering if that was excessively gross adjective or just a common British expletive attributive... aren't ya?) :):
    Not defending a thing, just trying to help those who see it differently understand my viewpoint. Whether or not I change their views or opinions is irrelevant!

Top Bottom