do you let industry politics influence your purchase?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    :patriot: On the other hand I won't patronize Starbucks if I can keep from it since they refused to sell their coffe to some soldiers in Iraq, because they didn't like the war!

Curious, is that a corporate policy? I did a Patriot Guard ride that ended up at VFW or Legion hall. There were some people out there giving away Starbucks coffee for donations. I don't remember if the donations went to that particular facility or where but I'm sure it was military/vet related. That was the only cup of Starbucks anything I've ever had. I can't tell the difference between a bad cup and a good cup other than how strong it is. I don't care one way or the other as I won't buy their coffee. Just curious to the full story on Starbucks.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Ruger, OTOH, as much a fan as I am of their guns still gives me a twinge when I think about buying one. Bill Ruger's "No honest man..." line makes me unhappy.

I really like some of the things Ruger has brought out since old man Bill passed away; the Mini-14 Tactical, SR-556, LCP and SR9C must have him spinning like a top in his grave... :):

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    I really like some of the things Ruger has brought out since old man Bill passed away; the Mini-14 Tactical, SR-556, LCP and SR9C must have him spinning like a top in his grave... :):

Ya, it seems that they might be getting the message. It's unfortunnate that Bill, A fellow gun owner, would treat gun owners the way he did. but alas the tide seems to be turning.:)

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    so you wont buy a product whose company supplies police officers because they live in a state with restrictive gun laws? thats pretty reasonable.

im sure if you a. dig hard enough and b. retain such hardline(lunatic fringe) purchase policies, theres not too many things in this world you would spend your money on.

you better make sure the food you buy isnt handled at some point by immigrants. the gas you put in your car came from *gasp* the middle east! do you vet your doctor for political beliefs before he works on you?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Kahr Arms is an American small arms manufacturer founded by Kook Jin "Justin" Moon (son of Unification Church founder Sun Myung Moon), who currently serves as CEO and President. It is owned by the Saeilo Corporation (pronounced say-low), a subsidiary of the Unification Church International holding company.
    From the age of 14, Justin Moon enjoyed shooting guns. At age 18, Moon got a license to carry a handgun, co-signed by one of his older brothers, but he wasn't satisfied with the small calibers available in compact handguns. "I had been licensed to carry in New York State since I was 18 and had looked for an ultra-compact 9mm pistol," Justin later told American Handgunner magazine. "To my chagrin, I could not find a pistol with the quality of construction and features in design which I felt were appropriate for a carry gun. Therefore, I decided to design an ultra-compact 9-mm. pistol that I could carry."[ By his junior year of college, he decided to design one himself.
    After graduating from Harvard University in 1992, Moon founded Kahr Arms with Church money through a shell entity called Saeilo LLC in 1993.
    In 1999, Kahr Arms bought Auto-Ordnance Corp., the maker of Thompson submachine guns.
    So the kid likes to shoot and knows where he can get tons of money, why bust his chops over it?

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Durned RIGHT, I do !! READ THIS! ::

I reckon you know where I'll be buying MY weapons'-sights from now on!!
    When's the last time New Z-land or 'Roo-land saved our bacon? Let them lurch along with inferior weaponry AFAIGAF!!
    If those Progressive Forces don't like the inscriptions, let them grind them off. Let TriJiCon know how YOU feel !!
    By RAY LILLEY, Associated Press Writer – Thu Jan 21, 6:07 am ET
    WELLINGTON, New Zealand – Biblical citations inscribed on U.S.-manufactured weapon sights used by New Zealand's troops in Afghanistan will be removed because they are inappropriate and could stoke religious tensions, New Zealand said Thursday.
    The inscriptions on products from defense contractor Trijicon of Wixom, Michigan, came to light this week in the U.S. where Army officials said Tuesday they would investigate whether the gun sights — also used by U.S. troops in Afghanistan and Iraq — violate U.S. procurement laws.
    Australia also said Thursday its military used the sights and was now assessing what to do.
    Trijicon said it has had such inscriptions on its products for three decades and has never received complaints about them before. The inscriptions, which don't include actual text from the Bible, refer numerically to passages from the book.
    New Zealand defense force spokesman Maj. Kristian Dunne said Trijicon would be instructed to remove the inscriptions from further orders of the gun sights for New Zealand and the letters would be removed from gun sights already in use by troops.
    "The inscriptions ... put us in a difficult situation. We were unaware of it and we're unhappy that the manufacturer didn't give us any indication that these were on there," Dunne said. "We deem them to be inappropriate."
    The Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight rifle sights used by New Zealand troops, which allow them to pinpoint targets day or night, carried references to Bible verses that appeared in raised lettering at the end of the sight stock number.
    Markings included "JN8:12," a reference to John 8:12: "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, 'I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life,'" according to the King James version of the Bible.
    The Trijicon Reflex sight is stamped with 2COR4:6, a reference to part of the second letter of Paul to the Corinthians: "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ," the King James version reads.
    Dunne said New Zealand's defense force has about 260 of the company's gun sights, which were first bought in 2004, and will continue to use them once the inscriptions are removed because they are the best of their kind.
    New Zealand Prime Minister John Key said the government was not aware of the inscriptions when the defense force bought the equipment.
    "Now we are in discussions with the company in the United States who will ensure the inscriptions are removed, and we wouldn't want them on future sights," he told reporters.
    Earlier, Defense Minister Wayne Mapp said with New Zealand soldiers in Muslim countries, the Bible references could be misconstrued.
    "We all know of the religious tensions around this issue and it's unwise to do anything that could be seen to raise tensions in an unnecessary way," he said.
    Trijicon said it has been long-standing company practice to put the Scripture citations on the equipment. Tom Munson, Trijicon's director of sales and marketing, said the company had never received complaints until now.
    "We don't publicize this," Munson said in a recent interview. "It's not something we make a big deal out of. But when asked, we say, 'Yes, it's there.'"
    Trijicon said biblical references were first put on the sites nearly 30 years ago by the company founder, Glyn Bindon, who was killed in a plane crash in 2003. His son Stephen, Trijicon's president, continued the practice.
    The references have stoked concerns by critics in the U.S. about whether they break a government rule that bars proselytizing by American troops. But U.S. military officials said the citations don't violate the ban and they won't stop using the tens of thousands of telescoping sights that have already been bought.
    The Australian Defense Department, which with 1,550 troops in Afghanistan is the largest contributor to that campaign outside NATO, said Thursday that it also used the sights but had been "unaware of the significance of the manufacturer's serial number."
    "The Department of Defense is very conscious of the sensitivities associated with this issue and is assessing how to address these as soon as practicable," the department said in a statement.

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    So the kid likes to shoot and knows where he can get tons of money, why bust his chops over it?

A Kahr purchase goes to...

Kahr Arms...

then to Saelio Corporation

then to the Unification Church International holding company...ergo

your Money eventually may make it's way to http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unification_Church

I didn't know this until recently.

For example, the DNC runs the DNC Holding Company who owns Busted Cherry industries who owns The Big Red Car Company. Would a staunch republican purchase one of their vehicles knowing money from their purchase may help a Dem get elected? Especially if other companies made a very similar product and did not have such associations?

weaverml34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    I was never a fan of Chrysler, but after the government bailout of GM and Chrysler I will never buy from either company. I currently have two Chevy's in my drive way.

The recent media storm surrounding Trijicon will definitely influence my decision to buy my next set of sights from them. As a Christian it's important to me to support companies that aren't afraid to put their faith first. Same reason why I bought a Crossbreed Supertuck holster instead of some of their competitors even though they had features that I like a little better, and some others are cheaper. Interstate will also be the next battery I put in my vehicles.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    If the money trail for a great many companies would be followed, I am sure we would all be surprised and shocked and ticked if we new the truth...

A Kahr purchase goes to...

Kahr Arms...

then to Saelio Corporation

then to the Unification Church International holding company...ergo

your Money eventually may make it's way to http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unification_Church

I didn't know this until recently.

For example, the DNC runs the DNC Holding Company who owns Busted Cherry industries who owns The Big Red Car Company. Would a staunch republican purchase one of their vehicles knowing money from their purchase may help a Dem get elected? Especially if other companies made a very similar product and did not have such associations?

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    So has the fact that they have decided to cave in to the government and remove the Bible verse references from sights produced for the US military in the future weakened your support at all?

and as a follow up to that, if the company put non-christian references on it, would you still buy it?

Newg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Westside of Indy.
    :patriot: I try to govern myself with what is best for my own situation. While I really don't like shopping at Wal-mart and suporting the Chi-Coms I gotta save money. On the other hand I won't patronize Starbucks if I can keep from it since they refused to sell their coffe to some soldiers in Iraq, because they didn't like the war! But when ever possible I will try to buy American and not give anyone who is anti-gun, or anti what I belive in my business. :patriot:

Fear not, it's safe to drink Starbucks. This story about Starbucks not supporting the troops has been circulating the interwebs in one form or another for several years. Check out the stories here:
    Starbucks doesn't support the war in Iraq-Fiction!
    or here:
    snopes.com: Starbucks Refuses Marines
    or here:
    Did Starbucks Really Say They Don't Support the Troops in Iraq?
    or here:
    Boycott Watch - Breaking a coffee rumor - Starbucks does in fact support our troops, and they can prove it!

weaverml34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    So has the fact that they have decided to cave in to the government and remove the Bible verse references from sights produced for the US military in the future weakened your support at all?

Don't necessarily like it but from a businees standpoint I can understand it. With the current administration in Washington I'm sure they did more than just threaten to pull their contract. I'm sure they probably threatened law suits and fines.

and as a follow up to that, if the company put non-christian references on it, would you still buy it?

If by non-Christian references you mean anti-Christian references or references praising Mohammed or Buddha,etc. Without a doubt I wouldn't.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    If the money trail for a great many companies would be followed, I am sure we would all be surprised and shocked and ticked if we new the truth...

that was gonna be my follow up point. sure you would feel good about yourself for sticking to your moral guns. but you would be starving, naked, and have no transportation, among many other things, just so you have a good conscious? my next question, at what point it does it become foolishness?

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Don't necessarily like it but from a businees standpoint I can understand it. With the current administration in Washington I'm sure they did more than just threaten to pull their contract. I'm sure they probably threatened law suits and fines.

If by non-Christian references you mean anti-Christian references or references praising Mohammed or Buddha,etc. Without a doubt I wouldn't.

Better stay away from anything Chinese then....Buddah is the cat's meow in those parts.......and I'd be willing to bet that the computer you are using right now was designed and commisioned by a bunch of atheists. Oh yeah, unless you wear the $250 Redwings, then your shoes are directly descended from the devil.:rolleyes:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    that was gonna be my follow up point. sure you would feel good about yourself for sticking to your moral guns. but you would be starving, naked, and have no transportation, among many other things, just so you have a good conscious? my next question, at what point it does it become foolishness?

ummm, when the person realizes that he/she is starving, naked and without transportation... hopefully.

I pulled out some old toys of mine for the kids the other day; way back in the early 80s, some of the toys were made in Korea, Taiwan, Tibet!, India...

overseas manufacturing has been around a LONG time; America is just waking up from the Roman dream as of late and realized it sold itself out to leisure and profit.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom