• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you FULLY support the 2nd amendment?

• Total voters

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    The answer to your problem is that parents are totally responsible for what their minor children do. If they allow their child to have a weapon without properly training it in firearms safety and use, the parents are responsible for any damage/death caused by their child. Government need not have anything to do with it, except where such a case comes before a court.

Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I doubt it...

If the Panama Canal had been excavated using nuclear charges, thousands of lives might have been saved from being lost through disease. LIkewise, nuclear munitions could save months of work and money on big projects which require blasting a channel through solid rock. In a world where nuclear explosives were used, it likely wouldn't be covered by the 2nd Amendment for the same reason hatchets, shovels, and hammers front-end loaders aren't covered by the 2nd Amendment.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    The Bad Guys are goin to get what they want illegally anyway. Why infringe on the rights of the Honest Citizen?

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    How about this: Violent felons can have guns, but if a violent felon gets shot by a law-abiding citizen, it should be an automatic assumption of the law that the violent felon was at fault, if he was armed.

This really just tosses the ex-con's right to self defense out the window, making his possession of a firearm, whether lawful or not, moot.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.

- Tench Coxe
    Tench_Coxe.JPG

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Seriously guys... you are killing me.

Do you have anything to say or are you just going to call this discussion stupid with no argument to back up such a claim?

My only question is if we don't regulate nukes within our own borders, would we still get away with trying to regulate nukes in countries that have border-line crazy leaders (Iran, North Korea, etc...)?

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Do you have anything to say or are you just going to call this discussion stupid with no argument to back up such a claim?

My only question is if we don't regulate nukes within our own borders, would we still get away with trying to regulate nukes in countries that have border-line crazy leaders (Iran, North Korea, etc...)?

Yes... I have something to say. The suggestion that NUCLEAR BOMBS have practical applications outside of a military or other destructive uses is HILARIOUS! I thought I made that clear. :dunno:

Consider the panama canal. Sure, small blasts could be used (and were used) to clear away dirt and rock. A nuclear bomb, if small enough, could have been used to do some of this... but at that size, TNT is FAR MORE PRACTICAL AND DOESN'T LEAVE BEHIND A RADIOACTIVE MESS. The same logic can be used for basically any demolition project. Note: This project could have been completed with less loss of life if they had better medical treatments for malaria...

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Then you shouldn't HAVE ANY OF THAT. You have no business going to college. First off the thief should have spent more time in jail doing jail time. Going to jail shouldn't mean going to college at the taxpayer's expense. It should mean jail time. You owe the people you were involved in stealing from and you owe the taxpayers who had to waste funds dealing with thief. You don't have any business in college where a law abiding hard working citizen could be. A thief belongs working and paying back the debt he owes to those he stole from and the citizens who fed and housed him not out crying about how he needs a gun to protect himself from people like him and his buddies.:twocents:

You can paint it any way you want, thief and a thiefs cohorts is what it is.

Hold on, Jack.. I never said a word about the college being at taxpayer expense, that's why I said it was fast forward four years and that was after his release.

I do agree with restitution. I'm not sure I agree that the guy in my example has anything to pay restitution for because that, I think, should come from the criminals who actually stole property. That he should have to pay his court costs and the like, yeah, I can agree with that.

The point I was trying to make is that the young man made a mistake. I don't think that succumbing to peer pressure (by just remaining in the car and not leaving his so-called friends) is a crime that should follow him his entire life nor one that should prevent him from turning his life around. I think people need to have a chance to do that and more especially this is true of non-violent offenders. The only thing my hypothetical example offender did wrong was to not tell anyone until he was caught.

Given a different offender, say, one who has been caught numerous times and is unrepentant, lock him up and throw away the key. (theft of others' property is something I'd call a violent act.)

Blessings,
    Bill

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Yes... I have something to say. The suggestion that NUCLEAR BOMBS have practical applications outside of a military or other destructive uses is HILARIOUS! I thought I made that clear. :dunno:

Consider the panama canal. Sure, small blasts could be used (and were used) to clear away dirt and rock. A nuclear bomb, if small enough, could have been used to do some of this... but at that size, TNT is FAR MORE PRACTICAL AND DOESN'T LEAVE BEHIND A RADIOACTIVE MESS. The same logic can be used for basically any demolition project. Note: This project could have been completed with less loss of life if they had better medical treatments for malaria...

There is something in what you say. Kinetic energy weapons from orbit would work much better; no fallout.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    "I, _____, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same ..."
    Well, I guess a lot of us are busted.

We are a nation of laws, so somewhere along the line we should have amended the Constitution to exclude felons, children, grenades, nukes (jury is still out on nukes) and include training, permits, etc. If 1st Amendment rights apply to everyone, then how can there be restrictions on the 2nd, 3rd, etc?

If BGs are restricted from legally carrying arms, so what! They carry them anyway, that's why we call them "outlaws." Careful people, if we didn't have firearm laws, the ATF would spend less time on "F" and more on "A."

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If BGs are restricted from legally carrying arms, so what! They carry them anyway, that's why we call them "outlaws." Careful people, if we didn't have firearm laws, the ATF would spend less time on "F" and more on "A."

Go ahead and abolish it then, and take the DEA along with it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Well, I guess a lot of us are busted.

We are a nation of laws, so somewhere along the line we should have amended the Constitution to exclude felons, children, grenades, nukes (jury is still out on nukes) and include training, permits, etc. If 1st Amendment rights apply to everyone, then how can there be restrictions on the 2nd, 3rd, etc?

The comment is often made and I'm not sure how many who make it are joking:

Alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and explosives? Sounds like a hell of a party!

They're unConstitutional to the core. There is no Constitutional authority for the fedgov to have any jurisdiction at all over any of those four things.

Blessings,
    Bill

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The comment is often made and I'm not sure how many who make it are joking:

Alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and explosives? Sounds like a hell of a party!

They're unConstitutional to the core. There is no Constitutional authority for the fedgov to have any jurisdiction at all over any of those four things.

Blessings,
    Bill

Another good one is that the atfe shouldn't be a govt agency, it should be a convenience store. :D

I believe both comments. And no I'm not joking.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Another good one is that the atfe shouldn't be a govt agency, it should be a convenience store. :D

I believe both comments. And no I'm not joking.

I've heard that one, too. The only reason I added the part about there being humor involved is because I'm of the opinion that alcohol does not mix well with either gunpowder or explosives (at least not when the alcohol is used first or along with the stuff that goes bang.) Of course, if you want to go shooting or go out to blow things up and then afterward start drinking, I have no opinion in opposition to that.

Do note that I'm not interested in any legislation to this effect, it's just my opinion.

Blessings,
    Bill

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've heard that one, too. The only reason I added the part about there being humor involved is because I'm of the opinion that alcohol does not mix well with either gunpowder or explosives (at least not when the alcohol is used first or along with the stuff that goes bang.) Of course, if you want to go shooting or go out to blow things up and then afterward start drinking, I have no opinion in opposition to that.

Do note that I'm not interested in any legislation to this effect, it's just my opinion.

Blessings,
    Bill

AHA, FASCIST! You're not supposed to HAVE opinions...Oh wait, that was something else........

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    LOL. Everyone on this site thinks they support the 2nd Amendment.

Then you have to debate them about the need for permits & licenses, required training, guns in schools, guns in planes, guns for kids, guns for ex-cons, open carry being legal, cops ability to card you for carrying.... ON AND ON AND ON.

I think less than 50 percent TRULY ought to answer YES, given their nanny-state views.

:+1:

Why do I need a hand grenade? Why do you have to ask? Does it matter? If I use it in an irresponsible way, punish me. If I don't, STFU. :D

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Alcohol and firearms do not mix. Learned that the hard way at choir practice (Wambaugh style).

We can sell and ship firearms in Indiana. Cross state lines and it becomes interstate commerce, which then involves the Feds, and I don't mean FedEx.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Alcohol and firearms do not mix. Learned that the hard way at choir practice (Wambaugh style).

We can sell and ship firearms in Indiana. Cross state lines and it becomes interstate commerce, which then involves the Feds, and I don't mean FedEx.

And if they don't cross state lines except after purchased and owned by private owners?

Top Bottom