• Do you EDC extra magazine(s)?

• Total voters

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I always thought the extra mag was to get more rounds. Having 12+1 I thought was plenty. If I needed more rounds, I'd run.

If running is an option don't you think you'd take that one first? Why engage a threat and put yourself in greater danger if you can get yourself out of there?

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    If running is an option don't you think you'd take that one first? Why engage a threat and put yourself in greater danger if you can get yourself out of there?

Thats the piece you focus on?

of course, if running was an option I'd always take that first. If running was NOT an option initially, Once I go through 13 rounds I'll re evaluate my options and at that point running might be the best one given the new situation I've found myself in.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Yes, and not so much for the extra ammo. Magazines can fail, malfunctions can happen. Example, if you have a double feed, you must remove the source of ammunition. You want to drop the mag, so you'll have to pick your mag up off the ground, stick it in your waistband, etc. If you do not have a spare mag. It's more time wasted when you are trying to get back into the fight. That's why I carry a spare mag.

Top Bottom