• Do you EDC extra magazine(s)?

• Total voters

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Where are you trying to carry #1 and #2?

#1 is AIWB roughly at 12:30 position?
    #2 I've tried opposite for AIWB, and even tried my IWB holster at between the 4-5:00 position.

I have yet to buy a lefty holster. I wonder if that's what the problem is.

I tried ankle carrying my BUG, but it doesn't work as well when I'm wearing boots, and my jeans aren't baggy enough. I also don't like having to use 2 hands to access it either.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    #1 is AIWB roughly at 12:30 position?
    #2 I've tried opposite for AIWB, and even tried my IWB holster at between the 4-5:00 position.

I have yet to buy a lefty holster. I wonder if that's what the problem is.

I tried ankle carrying my BUG, but it doesn't work as well when I'm wearing boots, and my jeans aren't baggy enough. I also don't like having to use 2 hands to access it either.

I'd give a lefty a try, either in front of or behind your support side magazines.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's sad enough for those without a spare mag to send the one round in the pipe while deciding whether to run for cover or bend down, lock the slide back, pick up a round from the floor and try to manually feed it into the chamber through the ejection port

In the absolutely hypothetical situation that is certainly not based on any particular incident I referenced, the hypothetical person did not seem to realize why his gun wasn't firing and lost his gun fight.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    In the absolutely hypothetical situation that is certainly not based on any particular incident I referenced, the hypothetical person did not seem to realize why his gun wasn't firing and lost his gun fight.

Sometimes losing is not so bad and a good learning experience. For gunfights, not so much. Pretty much want to win all of those.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I often carry a Glock 17 mag in a pocket to go along with my Glock 26, which I usually carry with standard 10 round mag in it. That's 28 rounds on some days, sometimes more, sometimes less. Depends on how I'm dressed.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    How do you carry the extra mags?

I carry my double-stack mag in a Blackhawk mag carrier or a Raven mag carrier.

I carry my single-stack mag in a Blackhawk mag carrier.

I've yet to press my recently purchased speed-strips into service...for when I carry my revolver. I haven't practiced with them one iota; so I haven't carried them. I'm wondering, though, if I shouldn't just go ahead and carry a full speedstrip just to have the ammo should I need it - realizing that I'd have to totally remove myself from a potentially deadly scene (or find GREAT cover) while I attempt to reload from the strip.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I typically carry at least one (1) extra magazine. When I carry a single-stack pistol, I prefer to carry two (2) extra magazines.

It's not that I'm expecting a 'war'...it's just that magazine's can fail...and I don't want to be caught without a 'back-up'!

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I always carry an extra mag, in the same non dominant hand pocket as my flashlight. I always wear cargo or tac pants though. My EDC has 13+1 capacity, and Im sure a spare mag isnt needed, but I got the pockets, and don't even notice it. Better to have and don't need.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I always thought the extra mag was to get more rounds. Having 12+1 I thought was plenty. If I needed more rounds, I'd run. But after reading in the tactics and training a spare magazine ready to go is more valuable than a 3000000 round magazine...

A spare are magazine isn't necissarily for more rounds, as much as it is for a backup way to load your weapon should the first magazine fail.

Top Bottom