• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    In Indiana there is no duty to inform. All agencies in Allen Co. will know if you have an LTCH only if it was applied for in Allen County. It will pop up on the CAD screen under involvements indicating if the permit is active, expired, or what not.

Hmmm could of swore I posted that on a previous page. Looks like someone is after his 50. J/K...Welcome to the forums Fred

techno.m3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Totally false.

If he runs you and you have a warrant, you're going in. If its a Felony warrant, he's probably going to inform you of it with a gun pointed at you. Gotta ticket for 12 over the limit in a 45 mph zone 6 months ago, well time time the 12 over in a 45 is going to cost you even more.
    Thanks for the clarification, that is what I assumed.

Is there any possibility that something could be on your record that you would not have been informed of by an officer?

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Thanks for the clarification, that is what I assumed.

Is there any possibility that something could be on your record that you would not have been informed of by an officer?

First thing that comes to mind would be a license suspension. But if you miss court for a traffic ticket (I'd also expect a warrant for a failure to appear.), refuse to take a BAC test, or don't make the arranged payments for a ticket you plead/found guilty for, you should know the suspension is on the way. If the BMV sends a request for your insurance info and you don't respond for any reason including moving to a new address, they will suspend your license.

Failure to make child support payments can result with a warrant being issued. But again you knows its on the way but don't know when.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    So, when the officer decides to disarm me during the stop, "paints" me with my own gun while trying to unload it because they don't know what they are doing, throws my gun in the trunk and tells me not to retrieve it until they leave...... would that be "courtesy" too? (I've read several accounts of this very thing on here)
    Is this legal?

techno.m3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    First thing that comes to mind would be a license suspension. But if you miss court for a traffic ticket (I'd also expect a warrant for a failure to appear.), refuse to take a BAC test, or don't make the arranged payments for a ticket you plead/found guilty for, you should know the suspension is on the way. If the BMV sends a request for your insurance info and you don't respond for any reason including moving to a new address, they will suspend your license.

Failure to make child support payments can result with a warrant being issued. But again you knows its on the way but don't know when.
    Thanks for clearing that up! I have an inquisitive mind. +rep

jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    I was on a ride-along in Allen County with a friend of mine who said "yes" it'll flag a LTCH holder in their system when he runs a plate. Maybe its county-by-county or if the plate they run is from their county.

Last edited:

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I was on a ride-along in Allen County with a friend of mine who said "yes" it'll flag a LTCH holder in their system when he runs a plate. Maybe its county-by-county or if the plate they run is from their county.

Yes, ANYONE who has APPLIED in Allen County will be "flagged" on Allen County computers.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    An officer told me that the licenses signed off on in my county are entered into "RMS" (Records Management System). The result of this is that if my license comes up in my county, they'll have that I've paid my unConstitutional fee for permission to carry, however if I'm stopped in another county, there is nothing in their RMS to indicate that fact.

Blessings,
    Bill

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Personally, if I'm getting pulled over for some traffic infraction, the gun on my hip has nothing to do with the situation. He's not finding out about it unless he asks. I won't lie about it. Being polite or courteous has nothing to do with it.

Top Bottom