Do I have to brake for someone coming into my lane?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I will say that's it not wise to do so while carrying a gun.

I question anyone that carries a gun that gets road rage, and actualky considers getting into an accident with the other driver.

I taught my daughters from the time they could even think of driving that WE DON'T EVER flip any other driver off. No matter what they do, we cannot possibly know what they may be capable of if pissed off.

The other driver might have nothing to live for, just left the murder scene, off of their meds, a cop, etc. etc. etc.

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    I taught my daughters from the time they could even think of driving that WE DON'T EVER flip any other driver off. No matter what they do, we cannot possibly know what they may be capable of if pissed off.

The other driver might have nothing to live for, just left the murder scene, off of their meds, a cop, etc. etc. etc.

That is some solid advice. You never know the frame of mind other drivers are in and what it would take to get them to flip. The older I get the more I find my self taking it easy when others are getting irate and flipping me the bird... 20 years ago it wouldnt have been the case. Not worth dying over...

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Sorta off topic, but I seen someone mention drive a crappy car. I did one better on my Jeep. I have a 99 Jeep with 200k miles. I am putting new bumpers on it. I went with a certain bumper because years ago I had someone pull out in front of me in my first car and I had to get a whole new front bumper for a little hole.

This is the rear bumper I have on it.

IMG_20120714_164215_640x478.jpg

this is the front bumper I am having put on.

jeep-cherokee-xj-non-winch-bumper-4.gif

These bumpers are made of heavy duty steel that is internally braced. I already have some black spray paint if I ever have to use it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There are more and more murderers out there running around looking for a place to stop and kill themselves. That'd be a bad place to put yourself in the middle of.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    My daughter had this happen to her a few months ago. It was written up as 50/50. Even better was the other guy didn't have insurance.

I would rather hit my brakes and avoid the accident then dealing with all the BS of having an accident if I can help it.

Human nature today is to not admit fault, it's rare when a person steps up to take responsibility for their actions. Such a sad time indeed

Top Bottom