• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • In a car, as the driver or passenger ...

• Total voters

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I've been wearing my seatbelt since I was a teenager, way before it was the law, once I realized what a maniac I was riding with while I was driving. He's settled down since then, though.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Of course. Johny Law says I have to.

Seriously, I do. I have been in a few accidents. One was pretty nasty. S10 T-Boned, I busted my head on the side window and back window. Bent the steering wheel as well. But, my chest was only bruised from the belt. Would have been a lot worse. It has saved me, I wear it.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    if im so worried about dying that i carry a gun, itd be foolish not to buckle up.....o btw, i dont think it should be a law tho

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    if im so worried about dying that i carry a gun, itd be foolish not to buckle up.....o btw, i dont think it should be a law tho

Well some people carry a gun for protection and yet dont wear a seatbelt.

That's why I made this poll, I dont get the logic behind it. :dunno:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Wore one well before the nannies started making it the law and still do. Carry a gun, too. Both are for my safety, especially the seatbelt. I'm much more likely to be involved in a car accident than a shooting.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I would like to know why the people who picked "I do not wear a seatbelt and carry a gun" carry a gun in the first place.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I'm kind of an in betweener. I wear a belt when I drive on the highway or a long distance, but if I'm on backspace and just running over to a buddy's place that's really close, I don't. I'm not saying it's a good reason; I'm just being honest. I don't trust the crazies on the highway. They're on the backroads too, I just don't pass as many of them.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm kind of an in betweener. I wear a belt when I drive on the highway or a long distance, but if I'm on backspace and just running over to a buddy's place that's really close, I don't. I'm not saying it's a good reason; I'm just being honest. I don't trust the crazies on the highway. They're on the backroads too, I just don't pass as many of them.

It just takes one to have an accident, not that you cant have an accident all by yourself anyway.
    Accidents happen the most during short trips on familiar roads around where you live, not during long distance trips or on the highway.

It also doesn't take the speed of the highway to kill someone during a car accident.
    During a rollover at low speed you will have more chance to get killed if you are ejected from the car, which is more likely to happen if you dont wear a seatbelt to keep you inside the car.
    I dont know if you ever been in a rollover, I have, twice.
    Not only you can get ejected from the car like I said, if you are not wearing your seatbelt, but you can also break your neck from leaving your seat and falling head first against the roof, or fall on another passenger and break his/her neck.

Here is what happen when the car is spinning during a rollover and you are not wearing your seatbelt:

PG031210.jpg

This can cut your head clean off. :n00b:

If you carry a gun for protection you may want to protect yourself from what is more likely to happen than a gun fight.

Just my :twocents:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I totally understand and agree that you're correct. Like I said, its not a good reason and i have no justification; its just what I do.

It just takes one to have an accident, not that you cant have an accident all by yourself anyway.
    Accidents happen the most during short trips on familiar roads around where you live, not during long distance trips or on the highway.

It also doesn't take the speed of the highway to kill someone during a car accident.
    During a rollover at low speed you will have more chance to get killed if you are ejected from the car, which is more likely to happen if you dont wear a seatbelt to keep you inside the car.
    I dont know if you ever been in a rollover, I have, twice.
    Not only you can get ejected from the car like I said, if you are not wearing your seatbelt, but you can also break your neck from leaving your seat and falling head first against the roof, or fall on another passenger and break his/her neck.

Here is what happen when the car is spinning during a rollover and you are not wearing your seatbelt:

PG031210.jpg

This can cut your head clean off. :n00b:

If you carry a gun for protection you may want to protect yourself from what is more likely to happen than a gun fight.

Just my :twocents:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I knew when I posted, that I was just walking into a Preaching trap, but that's fine because you're right, people should wear their seat belts. I'm not going to defend my position because I don't have anything to stand on except that it's just what I choose to do.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I wear my seatbelt religiously. I even wear it to go to the Post Office 3 blocks away. I won't put the car in gear until EVERYONE in my vehicle has their seatbelt on.

I carry about 99% of the time. I also always wear a helmet while riding my motorcycle. Safety is very important to me, although I don't think safety should be legislated.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I grew up in a racing atmosphere. I have always worn a belt if one was available. I keep my side arm in the center of the motor cover in the GMC van I drive for work and I have a nifty tray arrangement in my pick up truck so it is always in reach from the drivers seat. My wife has handed it to me on more than one occasion. She is a sweety and well trained.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I was hit or miss as a kid when they weren't so strict (parents that is). Then I starred a windshield with my forehead on a minor MVC and have been wearing it ever since.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    First thing I do when I get in the car. My job entails a fair amount of driving to appointments and copious note taking while on site, often while sitting in the car after touring a property. A friend in the same line of work got in his parked car and was making notes when he was rear ended HARD while still parked. Messed his back up.

It does bother me somewhat that it is a law, as I doubt many wear seat belts only because it is the law and many claim not to because THEY can't tell you what to do.

Top Bottom