• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Our Beagle loves the snow and loves rooting her nose around in it. She'll go outside for 15 minutes and then run back for the door and sit by the fireplace to warm up.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    We have 3 dogs at work. One of them, an aging weiner dog, will stand by the open door and sniff until you kinda push him out. You have to be sure to help him along though, because if you're not careful as soon as he gets both front feet out the door he'll just pee on the threshold.

Guess if I was that short I wouldn't want my stuff dragging in the snow either..

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    My chocolate labs will stay out side as long as I'm out there with them shoveling snow. These two are out to do their business and then head for the garage. I cut in a doggie door for bad weather so I didn't need to build the another play house... I mean dog house. They only used the old one to play in. When we are gone at work, I keep a small electric heater on for them and it keeps the garage comfy. If it's too cold for me, it's too cold for them. And no... They aren't spoiled in the least!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Our two 5 pound Jack Russell pups know exactly how long to be out. It's like they are racing to see who can get business taken care of first.

I used to have a male basset hound that was the worlds greatest rabbit dog, until there was 2 inches of snow. Then he lost all motivation. I guess if I was hunting with the family jewels dragging in the snow, I would lose motivation too.;)
    we don't hunt our Bassets, just family pets. Normally when we come home they hear us and come barreling out the dog door. Wait for us, walk us to the house, wait for us to go in and close the door and they shoot back in through the dog door. Last night, 2 of the 3 ran to the gate, barked then ran back inside. Didn't even wait for us to get in the yard. The 3rd one waited and walked me in. Then she promptly sat on my lap with her cold paws for me to warm them up.

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    depends on the dog. our border collies you have to drag back into the house. now our chihuahuas and our hairless chinese cresteds you have to force them out the door to make them go out to potty in the winter. and when it comes to letting them in you better get out of the way when that door opens. every single one of our dogs gets dressed before they go out though. four legged snow suits with jammies underneath. yes they are a little spoiled. :)

Pin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My mutt has short hair. Runs all over the yard. I whistle for her to come in and she still wants to stay out. When I finally get her in, she shivers.... Tried to get a coat for her but she flails around in the snow and they come off. She doesn't know how cold it is.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Have had a number of dogs over the years, had a mini daschund and a basset that would walk around the yard together. One year there was a light ice layer over the snow, and the daschund would walk on top, but the basset would get 4 feet on top of the ice and then it would break, and he'd be chest deep in it.

My jack russel would go out and eat snow. When he was younger he'd shove his nose in it and sniff around, plowing a path with his face.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Our Ridgeback definitely knew how cold it was this morning...opened the screen door to take him out, he raised his paw to step out and immediately backed up and sat down as soon as he was hit with that cold air...he set a record time on doing his business :):

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    My dogs love the snow....it's like they originated in Switzerland or something.:D

20140105_140536.jpg

20140105_092659.jpg

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    ^ that is one of the cutest things i have seen.

my 31# shep mut usually loves beign outside, regardless of temp. this mornign i let her out, she walked 3 feet, peed, and then FROZE. would not move a muscle.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I let our little 7 week old GSD puppy outside this morning to go potty and as soon as I set her down she looked back at me like "you've got to be ****ting me" and tried to run back in before I could close the door!

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    The beagle went outside this morning at 11, stood in the snow for 10 seconds, and then ran back inside yelping from the cold. Poor baby :laugh6: it was adorable.

Top Bottom