• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    GLOCK

When are you going to return my call or text about the box of 9mm ammo you traded me that was full of damaged, corroded, rusty rounds?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    You could post it on here for what you want and put the OBO. Nothing wrong with that. Or go the consignment route if you have a local gun shop that does that.

Consignment will be at least -10% and some will deduct the credit card fee as well (OUCH). Better to figure a fair market value and sell on INGO. You'll get buyers.

By the way, I'd be interested in the mags and ammo... :D

Cowboy71

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Clark County, IN
    So I'm looking to get out of the Ar-15 game. How would one go about selling in the current market? I don't want to sell to low just for someone else to go make a profit and I need to raise funds for school. But I also don't want to "gouge". Is it offensive to price it on the high side but add "OBO"? I figure that way if you don't like the price you can make an offer.

This is still America. For at least a little while longer. You don't have to apologize or worry about hurting feelings if you make money.

As others have said, if you price too high you likely won't get offers. If you do and someone overpays that's their fault for being uninformed or a panic buyer.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    The time to sell it for the most profit would have been about mid January.
    Although I think you could still make some money on it, not as much as you would have a month ago.

There is nothing wrong with making money on a gun or anything else for that matter. If you had the fore sight and the money to buy something, that is now worth more money, and you're done with it, sell it and pay for school.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The time to sell it for the most profit would have been about mid January.
    Although I think you could still make some money on it, not as much as you would have a month ago.

There is nothing wrong with making money on a gun or anything else for that matter. If you had the fore sight and the money to buy something, that is now worth more money, and you're done with it, sell it and pay for school.

Prices and demand are definitely starting to drop, stopped by Indy Trading Post to pick up my Desert Eagle on Thursday and the owner said he is already seeing demand dropping.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Prices and demand are definitely starting to drop, stopped by Indy Trading Post to pick up my Desert Eagle on Thursday and the owner said he is already seeing demand dropping.

I think we would all like the demand to drop some. I know I personally would like to be able to find ammo when I want it.
    I do have a small stock pile, but do not want to shoot it up, because I cannot replace it easily. Also it would be nice for gun prices to get back to "normal" whatever the new "normal" will be.
    Guys are just so hard headed, once they see other guns like theirs selling for big money, they have a hard time putting a realistic price on theirs.
    There are a couple of "AR Packages" right now in the classifieds that are so over priced, with multiple bumps, you would think these hard headed guys would realize that they are asking way too much. If they really wanted to sell their rifles, mags, and ammo, they should think about lowering the price some and splitting it up.
    But who I am? I do not own their property, I'm sure they will just keep bumping their ad's wondering why their PM box is empty. :twocents:

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    How would one go about selling in the current market?

As always a "fair" price is one that is acceptable to BOTH buyer and seller.

If you try to gouge and are asking too much, then it's unlikely you'll find a buyer. On the other hand, if you ask too little, you're cheating yourself out of the item's fair-value. That is, of course, one of the advantages of auction-style sales like GunBroker.com.

If you wanted to sell locally, just do some price research in INGO and see what folks are asking for and most especially getting for AR-15's similar to yours.

It's very difficult to imagine that you're going to "gouge" someone.

Are you really sure you want to part with it? I have a Colt AR-15 A2 and I wouldn't part with it. I don't get to shoot it as often as I'd like but every time I do I remember why I bought it! :):

lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    My advice: Never. Sell. A. Gun.

There is no firearm that I have owned personally that I have sold in my life that I do not regret selling. I always wish I still had such and such gun. Never. Sell. A Gun.

Fund your school in some other fashion. I paid for grad school without selling a gun and I recommend that you do the same. Never, ever sell a gun.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    My advice: Never. Sell. A. Gun.

There is no firearm that I have owned personally that I have sold in my life that I do not regret selling. I always wish I still had such and such gun. Never. Sell. A Gun.

Fund your school in some other fashion. I paid for grad school without selling a gun and I recommend that you do the same. Never, ever sell a gun.

This^

I wished (and this will sound stupid) I had never sold my BB Gun!
    I had it since I was a young lad and now I could be handing it down to my son.

Save em. I understand you may need cash, but hind sight is always 20/20

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    guns are worth way more than cash. piece of mind, protection, cool factor, something to play with when bored....insert dirty comment there....i agree i would never want to sell a gun, do what you can to keep it, especially since its an ar-15 style rifle, the ultimate awesomeness and the toy that keeps on giving back. "we dont need no...education.....da da da do dah dah da da da do dah dah.........

BOLTGUN

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    NE INDY
    May be something to hold onto for now, shoot and enjoy, and watch its price raise over time...Could be worse tools to have in your toolbox....

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    At least for now, firearms are still available at a price. I want to encourage the original poster to continue his education. That is something even the government cannot take away from you. The average wage increase of a degree'd person over an non degree'd person over even the first 10 years in the job market will buy all the firearms that you can want. In the degree'd fields that are more humanitarian in subject, the money is not that much more, but if your heart is on helping people, you are not into that for the material gain anyway. Good Luck with your education.

PS, I have been buying and selling on Gunbroker.com for 8 or 10 years, and have done very well. It is a well run outfit.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I just remembered something. When I was selling everything to go to college, a man who wanted to help me did not want to see me sell my smallbore match rifle. He bought it and just put it away. Years later he was willing to sell it back to me for the original price. I slipped him an extra $50 for "storage fees". I really appreciated that gesture.

Top Bottom