• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DerekBogie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2012
    That's odd. My Dish equipment is grounded at the pole and I've never had any issues with the dish, even after bumping it repeatedly with my mower. Never have had an issue with equipment in well over a decade of being a Dish customer.

A lot of homes do not have an antennae, and in some cases no line of site due to buildings and/or trees in the se or sw direction depending on if your above or below Terre Haute. Also Dish Network has made it against quality control standards to mount dishes onto antennaes any longer as of last year. They stopped supplying us with the "U" clamps to do so. I honestly would say a sturdy antennae is a great place for a dish, more so then a pole in the yard.

After re-reading your post i now understand you said "POLE" not antennae sorry. How the grounding system works is this, At the pole they use a grounding strap that is connected to the copper/silver messenger on the cable. (that alone is not grounding your system out even though the pole is in the ground) Your pole is only in roughly 12 inches surrounded by concrete. Now at the other end of the cable (from the pole to the house box) the cable line messenger SHOULD connect to a ground block at the house. From there the ground block is suppose to have another ground wire attached to it and sent straight to the power meters ground line. if you have only the messenger from the cable out of the ground connnected to the groundblock then you are not properly grounded and are subject to power surges. Since it is virtually impossible for every houses dish to be placed near the power meter or where your cable lines from your house are, a lot of houses do not get properly grounded.

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    A lot of homes do not have an antennae, and in some cases no line of site due to buildings and/or trees in the se or sw direction depending on if your above or below Terre Haute. Also Dish Network has made it against quality control standards to mount dishes onto antennaes any longer as of last year. They stopped supplying us with the "U" clamps to do so. I honestly would say a sturdy antennae is a great palce for a dish, more so then a pole in the yard.
    Mine's on a pole in the yard and I have forest to the S of me. It's still grounded. Don't have an antenna of any sort. Nice and sturdy, grounded and has done its job for years.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The dish on my pole is grounded by a nice sized cable wired to a copper spike next to the pole. No concrete involved. It sits a nice distance from the house, too. Guess our installer was on the ball.

DerekBogie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2012
    Dish doesnt supply the contractors spikes of any sort so i.d.k. on that one but the concrete is an automatic fail if a hole isnt dug out, concrete poured, and covered with dirt. So if you haven't had any issues with the pole then awesome. not trying to jinx it :)

Top Bottom