• ...and so much more!
  • GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    To end the story:

One of the employees went up to the man and asked if the gun was loaded and told him to remove the magazines. There was nothing too tense about it. But I could tell the employee was a bit frustrated by the behavior. They allowed him to continue his browsing and range use.

This was kind of a silly post, but after observing the incident, I just kinda wanted to know what other people felt. Seems most people are on the same page. Carry rifle on back on sling, no mag in well. It just got me thinking that even going onto a shooting range or into a store, you should handle your firearms like you would in any other place where you don't wish to alarm people. I.E., if your open carrying a rifle, you would not carry it around in your hands.

Thanks for the replies. Was entertaining. And I LOVE that "empty guns" bullet JAR! Every gun shop should have one of those!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Applied ballistics requires loose arms in the store to be in a case or a holster. It a person does not have a case, they will loan you one.

^^This. I take just a wee bit of pride in the fact that I'm partly responsible for that policy, as opposed to "No loaded guns at all outside the range".

To the guy carrying the AR at low ready, I'm thinking he gets the attention of various employees, all with hands on sidearms, and one approaching to tell him that it's cased or it's gone, along with its owner, as per posted policy.

Blessings,
    Bill

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I've been going in there for years and never seen that. How'd I miss that thing?
    It's usually on the shelf behind the counter, until someone needs an "object lesson" about why we all (well, some of us) clear it even after being told "it's not loaded..."

Here's a view from the cash box with an arrow pointing at it,
    followed by an updated pic of the jar with a few more rounds in it than the last time I took a pic;

d4f490ce-dfbc-4d8a-ba9d-99e3f9dba8b9_zps67b1bbaa.jpg

image_zpsdc46e3b0.jpg

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Look like the back counter could use some straightening up [clears throat and nods towards JetGirl]...

:):
    Oh hellll naw. Ditto times infinity for the repair room work bench.
    I'll restock the plastic bags, change the card machine tape, fill the stapler, etc., but there's no way in hades I'm moving the parts books, MEC bushings, gauges, calipers, etc..
    It would be like you walking into my home and rearranging my furniture. Pal, it's been there 15 years for a reason and if I so much as stub my toe on a coffee table moved four inches, somebody is gonna get cut.

zombieglock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I've driven by many times but never stopped there Jetgirl. Maybe sometime I'll stop by, do I ask for Jetgirl? Or look for a purple shirt wearing monkey!?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I've driven by many times but never stopped there Jetgirl. Maybe sometime I'll stop by, do I ask for Jetgirl? Or look for a purple shirt wearing monkey!?

Either one works. I get handed the phone lots of times for "JetGirl", "the internet girl with the monkey picture", "INGO member woman", you name it. :):

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    You need a bell hanging from the ceiling that you can ring so all the customers know that you've discovered a chucklehead with an "unloaded" gun. Ring the bell a few times, let all the employees yell, "We Got Another One!", and make a big show of dropping the offending round into the jar.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom