• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Anybody on this forum who's visited my place of employment while I'm working will attest to the fact that if you bring one in without the action opened, I yell like a mom who just watched you wipe a booger on the new suede couch.
    Also, if you have an uncased firearm you'd like to go to your vehicle and retrieve for trade/consignment/ship/whatever, I do strongly suggest that it doesn't come inside unless it's open... And even then, it's mine and considered loaded (to me) until I personally clear it. If I find ammo in it, I keep the ammo and scold your ass.

Does your policy also apply to holstered handguns with no intent of leaving the holster while in store, or just those coming in for trade/consignment/repair?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Does your policy also apply to holstered handguns with no intent of leaving the holster while in store, or just those coming in for trade/consignment/repair?

Nope. Not at all. Yours stays holstered, mine stays holstered.
    I'm talking about people coming in with gun in hand (and yes, people do that...WITH boogerhooks on the bangswitch. That makes me nervous.
    And it's not "policy". That's just *me*.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Nope. Not at all. Yours stays holstered, mine stays holstered.
    I'm talking about people coming in with gun in hand (and yes, people do that...WITH boogerhooks on the bangswitch. That makes me nervous.
    And it's not "policy". That's just *me*.

Thanks for clearing that up! :yesway:

I'm going to have to take a trip down there one of these days and check out your 1911s! :ingo:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    oops.gif

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    Anybody on this forum who's visited my place of employment while I'm working will attest to the fact that if you bring one in without the action opened, I yell like a mom who just watched you wipe a booger on the new suede couch.
    Also, if you have an uncased firearm you'd like to go to your vehicle and retrieve for trade/consignment/ship/whatever, I do strongly suggest that it doesn't come inside unless it's open... And even then, it's mine and considered loaded (to me) until I personally clear it. If I find ammo in it, I keep the ammo and scold your ass.
    I come in for the reloading supplies...I stay for the scolded ass! :whip:

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah someone comes into the shop with a mag in a rifle and hand on the grip most likely they will be met with something unpleasant as we dont have a range.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I would like to hear this community's thoughts on this situation. It was something I recently witnessed..

Situation:
    You are in a gun shop. The shop has a range to shoot at, people come and go to shoot.

Person walks in, dressed normal/clean. Carrying a camo backpack over one shoulder and an AR15 in his other arm. This demeanor is calm, he comes in and walks around the shop. You notice he is holding the AR15 in his strong hand. He is holding the rifle by the pistol grip. There is a magazine in the mag well. The rifle is pointed down at the ground.

I won't go into what happened next in the shop. Maybe I'll post that later. I just would like to hear people's reaction/thoughts about this. If you were shop owners what would you do? How would you feel as a customer in a store if someone did this? Do you see anything wrong with what he did? How much concern would you have?

I would use the biggest employee with the most facial hair as a human shield while taunting the guy with "Nah, nah, nah... you can't hit me!"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Seeing this as the OP describes I would most definitely be on full alert and getting store staff on the ready.

I carry my long guns cased.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Seemed to me like he wanted to make sure his opinion was the popular one before sharing the rest of the story. Judging by his silence, it wasn't.
    Or seeing how he has 200 posts in 4 years, maybe he doesn't get on here every day. (Or every couple minutes like some people) :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom