Discharging firearms within city limits (Richmond)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    And the above quote sure doesn't imply that any dog was in the process of hurting the well being of ones self or anyone else or the harming of property does it. Just that he/she shoots it and later the neighbor comes over and picks it up.

Must be an awful meek neighbor.

I am not defending nor condemning anyone for what they do, so please don't read something into what I did say..
    I was simply pointing out that it is legal to shoot pets/animals in certain circumstances.

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    Maybe you might try going back and reading my statement. The "M" word wasnt in there. It clearly insinuated that him and I wouldnt get along...as neighbors.

Maybe you might try going back and reading my statement. The "subtle" word was in there. It clearly insinuated that you don't have to use a word to imply its meaning. ;)

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    As far as just target shooting goes: Colibris and a closed garage door, or a basement, with a decent backstop. Just saying. I even know of someone (not me) who used them in an urban environment to rid themselves of rabbits and squirrels in their backyard. Very quiet (no more than a tack hammer) but must be used with a revolver or as a single shot in an auto as they won't recycle the slide. Some .22 rifles are ok with them too--depends on the rifle and they are even quieter out of a long gun.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Now that most of you got your shorts in a twist I had a spelling problem. Pets are not hurt but I had a child bit several times by a bad dog so I give bad dogs one time out,but call animal control, after that if the owner won’t keep them in their yard or on a chain the pour dog pays the price.

The best way to get the PESTS :ar15:is .22LR from inside the house, no barrel out of house. I have one window I shoot through :n00b: the screen and replace it when needed. No neighbor :popcorn:has ever said a word about hearing me shoot. Just pick up the pest after a half hour or so. We don't have any bad dogs :draw:running around either as they also seem to die after the second time off the chain or outside the fence.:dunno:

Last edited:

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Now that most of you got your shorts in a twist I had a spelling problem. Pets are not hurt but I had a child bit several times by a bad dog so I give bad dogs one time out,but call animal control, after that if the owner won’t keep them in their yard or on a chain the pour dog pays the price.
    Well then that is a different story. If a neighborhood dog was agressive toward my son/family the owner would get one warning and thats it. No question about it. Heck, call me, If it happens again to your family I will bring you the .22 short/cb to do the "job".

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Well then that is a different story. If a neighborhood dog was agressive toward my son/family the owner would get one warning and thats it. No question about it. Heck, call me, If it happens again to your family I will bring you the .22 short/cb to do the "job".

Or hell, if the neighbors give you any trouble, give him a call too. Oh wait, I forgot the ;).

INGO seriously needs to bring back the negative rep button.

Top Bottom